Code of Conduct

Default Best high-end men's shaving line?

Which line is the best?

Jack Black has the advantage of cruelty-free.

The Art of Shaving was bought by P&G.

TandH is just so hard to find. Any quick, reliable online vendors for this line?
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Default Re: Best high-end men's shaving line?

Sesto senso and onthefly carry T&H. Want to invite you to drop in on the Badger & Blade forum to review the discussions on shaving product lines, high-end included. Other shaving forums include shavemyface and the shave den.
    Last edited by john parker; 18th July 2009 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Added shaving forums

The Gentlemen's Refinery

http://www.thegr.com/

Nancy Boy products are fantastic - they've been well discussed here, but honestly, the shaving cream is unbelievable.

Truefitt and Hill
    Santa Maria Novella
    Tabac and Irisch Moos

Those are just 4 great houses that have creams and soaps that in my view are top of the line.

KIng of Shaves and Anthony Logistics have pretty good stuff. Also,check out The Grooming Lounge for ideas..............
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

They all are pretty much the same, you just gotta sample the ones that you are interested in and pick the one that works for you. Because even high end stuff does not work right on all people.

Pre-Shave I use Men-U Concentrated Shave Cream and Post-Shave I apply Tend Skin Lotion. Neither of those are particularly high end but they do a great job.

For the rest of my facial products I've had really good results from Lab Series for face wash, toner and moisturiser. My skin is better than it's ever been.

Thank you all. I finally ordered T and H "1805" from www.onthefly.com

Fabulous customer service.

And, as Alex Panzer notes, not all high-end is great. My husband adores T&H 1805 but also uses the Burt's Bees men's line--the aftershave balm is soothing with a great bergamot/sage/pettigrain/rosemary scent! Very inexpensive and high quality. BTW, honey and beeswax have been used for centuries as beauty aids.
    Last edited by Primrose; 28th July 2009 at 04:26 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

For a great lather I would go with The Gentlemens Refinery. Here is a review link - http://www.themensroom.com/shaving/b...e-shave-cream/

Quote Originally Posted by Craigthebarber View Post
    For a great lather I would go with The Gentlemens Refinery. Here is a review link - http://www.themensroom.com/shaving/b...e-shave-cream/
    Thats some very good stuff.

I also recently tried some creams from the Art of Shaving and was satisfied by their smoothness and moisturizing properties.
    -

I personally like Blace Ice shave cream by The Gentlemen's Refinery.

Here's a review - http://www.themensroom.com/shaving/b...e-shave-cream/
    Craig the Barber
    www.craigthebarber.com
    www.themensroom.com

Burt's Bees has a new men's grooming line with a wonderful Bay Rum shaving soap. I don't know if it counts as "high end", but Everyman Jack shaving cream is also spectacular.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by gekko View Post
    Burt's Bees has a new men's grooming line with a wonderful Bay Rum shaving soap. I don't know if it counts as "high end", but Everyman Jack shaving cream is also spectacular.
    My husband uses the Truefitt & Hill line of 1805 products, but also alternates with Burt's Bees, which is very wallet friendly as comparable.