Code of Conduct

Default Rocabar reformulated?

I read an earlier thread on the revival of the Hermes mens line and it notes that Equipage and Bel Ami were both reformulated. Was Rocabar changed too? I saw it in the new slim bottle at Neimans but nearly everywhere online I see it in the "wide" bottle. Are they different scents? I have made up my mind that this will be my next purchase, just want to make sure to get the better version (if there is a difference).

Default Re: Rocabar reformulated?

Oh, let's just hope they won't make the same mistake as with Guerlain Vetiver and so many other all male classics where reformulation meant felony...

Quote Originally Posted by rinosaur View Post
    I read an earlier thread on the revival of the Hermes mens line and it notes that Equipage and Bel Ami were both reformulated. Was Rocabar changed too? I saw it in the new slim bottle at Neimans but nearly everywhere online I see it in the "wide" bottle. Are they different scents? I have made up my mind that this will be my next purchase, just want to make sure to get the better version (if there is a difference).
    Interesting. I had no idea that Hermes put Rocabar in the long tall bottle like Equipage and BelAmi. Don't know if they did a reformulation, but I must say that I find Hermes has been able to reformulate Equipage and Bel Ami in recent years without ruining the scents. In fact, I prefer the reformulated Bel Ami over the vintage! I like Rocabar, but I wouldn't mind it if they reformulated it to get rid of the sourness I find happens at about 20 minutes after application. Maybe it just happens on my skin, but I find that Rocabar just falls apart after T-minus 20 minutes, becoming acidic and kind of cheap smelling. The first 20 minutes, however, make Rocabar smell like the greatest fragrance ever made!

Anyone got info on this? I can't wait to make a purchase. Everywhere has the slim bottle, I can't test the older one!

There is another thread on the new bottle that I started a long while ago. I believe we established in that thread that it smells the same.

ok thanks alot!

For reference, response 7 of the below thread says it smells the same:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=220499