Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 47
  1. #1

    Default Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    I searched the internet and found nothing but great reviews. There is one on Ebay, but I don't like buying cologne from Ebay.

  2. #2
    Brielle87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,927

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    Call Saks 5th Ave in Boston, they have the whole collection of Guerlain. Ask for Chris, he is a love.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source

  3. #3

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brielle87 View Post
    Call Saks 5th Ave in Boston, they have the whole collection of Guerlain. Ask for Chris, he is a love.
    Cool ! I will do just that. Thank you, Brielle.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    By the way, there must be many Saks 5th Ave in Boston. Can you tell me which one or in what mall?

  5. #5
    jbr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Michigan, The Great Lakes State
    Posts
    224

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pug911 View Post
    By the way, there must be many Saks 5th Ave in Boston. Can you tell me which one or in what mall?
    There is only one, in Prudential Center. I don't believe there are any cities which have more than one Saks. Even in New York there is just the original on Fifth Avenue.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    You're right, there's only one Saks in Boston. I called more than once and they transferred me to the cologne dept., but no one ever answered the phone. ????

  7. #7
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,014

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    The Neiman Marcus in San Francisco has a great Guerlain boutique. You can ask for Josie.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  8. #8

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    Did you ever get any luck in buying it?

    Seems weird you can't buy it anywhere online... I would think it would be on the Neiman Marcus or Saks web sites, but it isn't.

  9. #9
    gupts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    S/E suburb
    Posts
    3,927

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neurotic Scientist View Post

    Seems weird you can't buy it anywhere online... I would think it would be on the Neiman Marcus or Saks web sites, but it isn't.

    In the last 10 days, 2 bottles of SDV have sold on ebay....The first one went for US$300 whereas the 2nd fetched a whopping US$355....

    Isn't the retail on this around US$225?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    In the last 10 days, 2 bottles of SDV have sold on ebay....The first one went for US$300 whereas the 2nd fetched a whopping US$355....

    Isn't the retail on this around US$225?

    yep i got mine for $220 + tax of course at saks in nyc

  11. #11
    Dependent

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,226

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    In the last 10 days, 2 bottles of SDV have sold on ebay....The first one went for US$300 whereas the 2nd fetched a whopping US$355....
    I am looking to add this to my wardrobe in the near future, but those are excessive prices to pay!

  12. #12

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    In the last 10 days, 2 bottles of SDV have sold on ebay....The first one went for US$300 whereas the 2nd fetched a whopping US$355....

    Isn't the retail on this around US$225?
    That's weird as it's no longer a limited edition...

  13. #13

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    I need to get my hands on this , I will be really looking for it in the coming months.

  14. #14
    Dependent

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,226

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    I often see "hard to find", "rare" tagged on the descriptions, and I believe it has proved effective for sellers luring the unsuspecting. I just noticed a tester listed at 325USD.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    I often see "hard to find", "rare" tagged on the descriptions, and I believe it has proved effective for sellers luring the unsuspecting. I just noticed a tester listed at 325USD.
    saw that on ebay also

  16. #16
    mtgprox05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,255

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    That's weird as it's no longer a limited edition...
    It isn't!? Thank god! I'm in no position now, or in the near future to be purchasing anything near it's price (going back to school), but I was worried that come time I had money again it would be gone. Well, seems I don't have to worry about that anymore. Whew!
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

    Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

    Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

  17. #17

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    I often see "hard to find", "rare" tagged on the descriptions, and I believe it has proved effective for sellers luring the unsuspecting. I just noticed a tester listed at 325USD.
    This is the ebayer seller who NEVER uploads a photo for whatever fragrance he/she is selling. Right?

    Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    It isn't!? Thank god! I'm in no position now, or in the near future to be purchasing anything near it's price (going back to school), but I was worried that come time I had money again it would be gone. Well, seems I don't have to worry about that anymore. Whew!
    Hey, this is the house that's renowned for sudden discontinuations and frequent reformulations. I wouldn't rest on my laurels just yet...

  18. #18
    Dependent

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,226

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    This is the ebayer seller who NEVER uploads a photo for whatever fragrance he/she is selling. Right?
    In this particular instance, the pic is a generic one. I don't frequent ebay very often and haven't seen other listings (maybe I did but haven't paid attention to) from the seller, so I can't comment. Should the seller (store: HARD TO FIND FRAGRANCES) be avoided? 97% positive feedback.
    Edit: just went thru all the other listings from this seller, and yes, they are either generic pics or NONE at all.

    Hey, this is the house that's renowned for sudden discontinuations and frequent reformulations. I wouldn't rest on my laurels just yet...
    I believe a good handful of us are now officially in panic... need to start diving into reserve funds... and soon!
    Last edited by MFJ; 28th August 2009 at 06:03 PM.

  19. #19
    mtgprox05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,255

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post


    I believe a good handful of us are now officially in panic... need to start diving into reserve funds... and soon!
    Reserve funds? Ha! I wish... I've got to pay for my school this semester completely out of pocket. There's where my reserve funds are going, $3,000+. Oh, the SDV's I could have bought with that!
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

    Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

    Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

  20. #20
    Dependent

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,226

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Reserve funds? Ha! I wish... I've got to pay for my school this semester completely out of pocket. There's where my reserve funds are going, $3,000+. Oh, the SDV's I could have bought with that!
    I can feel your pain!

  21. #21

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    I believe that Guerlain have recently hiked their prices up so not too sure how much it is now , I think I will need to order another bottle before the end of the year ... If i could afford it I would bathe in the stuff I love it so much

  22. #22

    Lightbulb Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    Just posting to let everyone know I called Saks in New York and asked for the fragrance department. I spoke with a very nice lady named Christina. She does have a bit of a strong Asian accent (Japanese I think) but she is definitely understandable as long as you pay extra attention. She is very friendly and helpful.

    She did in fact have Spiritueuse Double Vanille available. She said it is only sold in the New York Boutique, and not online. It is $250. [Edit - After receiving the order, I found I was only charged $220.]

    She also mentioned she had a Chocolate Vanille available from Guerlain. I may have misheard her, as I can't seem to find any reference to such a creature online. It may be something very new? I didn't order it.

    I don't want to publicly post her direct line, but you can call 800-330-8497, then hit the option to be transferred to Saks stores, and the first option is the New York store. Select that, then hit option 6 for customer service, then ask for Christina in fragrances.

    Hope that's helpful for anyone trying to get their hands on a bottle. It sure is better than paying $300+ on eBay.
    Last edited by Neurotic Scientist; 2nd September 2009 at 05:34 PM.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neurotic Scientist View Post
    Just posting to let everyone know I called Saks in New York and asked for the fragrance department. I spoke with a very nice lady named Christina. She does have a bit of a strong Asian accent (Japanese I think) but she is definitely understandable as long as you pay extra attention. She is very friendly and helpful.

    She did in fact have Spiritueuse Double Vanille available. She said it is only sold in the New York Boutique, and not online. It is $250.

    She also mentioned she had a Chocolate Vanille available from Guerlain. I may have misheard her, as I can't seem to find any reference to such a creature online. It may be something very new? I didn't order it.

    I don't want to publicly post her direct line, but you can call 800-330-8497, then hit the option to be transferred to Saks stores, and the first option is the New York store. Select that, then hit option 6 for customer service, then ask for Christina in fragrances.

    Hope that's helpful for anyone trying to get their hands on a bottle. It sure is better than paying $300+ on eBay.

    Wow I just paid $220 about a month ago...so glad I bought it then, of course add NY tax and it came to $240


    and I know which lady you are talking about in fact she was one of the SA who helped me out..actually there were a few there all very nice, truth is I find the SA in Saks the only really nice SA in Saks, all the rest of SA in Saks I can do without...I rather shop at Bergdorf or Barneys
    Last edited by denec; 28th August 2009 at 07:24 PM.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    Is it that good? I may have to make a call....

  25. #25

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    Quote Originally Posted by denec View Post
    Wow I just paid $220 about a month ago...so glad I bought it then, of course add NY tax and it came to $240


    and I know which lady you are talking about in fact she was one of the SA who helped me out..actually there were a few there all very nice, truth is I find the SA in Saks the only really nice SA in Saks, all the rest of SA in Saks I can do without...I rather shop at Bergdorf or Barneys
    I called Bergdorf's, they have it $220.

  26. #26

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    Quote Originally Posted by drchipinski View Post
    I called Bergdorf's, they have it $220.

    i cannot imagine that Saks be higher price then

  27. #27

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    Three hours into wearing it today...and I feel like this is not my scent....way too powdery for me.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    Quote Originally Posted by drchipinski View Post
    Three hours into wearing it today...and I feel like this is not my scent....way too powdery for me.
    interesting i got no powdery at all from it

  29. #29

    Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    Quote Originally Posted by denec View Post
    interesting i got no powdery at all from it
    Just not my cup of tea I guess....

  30. #30

    Smile Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

    TPC has decants. I just ordered one yesterday.

Similar Threads

  1. Spiritueuse Double Vanille - a review
    By Trebor in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 31st October 2007, 06:40 AM
  2. Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    By Mr. G in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 6th September 2007, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000