Code of Conduct

Default Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

I searched the internet and found nothing but great reviews. There is one on Ebay, but I don't like buying cologne from Ebay.

Default Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

Call Saks 5th Ave in Boston, they have the whole collection of Guerlain. Ask for Chris, he is a love.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Quote Originally Posted by Brielle87 View Post
    Call Saks 5th Ave in Boston, they have the whole collection of Guerlain. Ask for Chris, he is a love.
    Cool ! I will do just that. Thank you, Brielle.

By the way, there must be many Saks 5th Ave in Boston. Can you tell me which one or in what mall?

Quote Originally Posted by Pug911 View Post
    By the way, there must be many Saks 5th Ave in Boston. Can you tell me which one or in what mall?
    There is only one, in Prudential Center. I don't believe there are any cities which have more than one Saks. Even in New York there is just the original on Fifth Avenue.

You're right, there's only one Saks in Boston. I called more than once and they transferred me to the cologne dept., but no one ever answered the phone. ????

Sur la Plage

The Neiman Marcus in San Francisco has a great Guerlain boutique. You can ask for Josie.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Did you ever get any luck in buying it?

Seems weird you can't buy it anywhere online... I would think it would be on the Neiman Marcus or Saks web sites, but it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotic Scientist View Post

Seems weird you can't buy it anywhere online... I would think it would be on the Neiman Marcus or Saks web sites, but it isn't.

In the last 10 days, 2 bottles of SDV have sold on ebay....The first one went for US$300 whereas the 2nd fetched a whopping US$355....

Isn't the retail on this around US$225?

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    In the last 10 days, 2 bottles of SDV have sold on ebay....The first one went for US$300 whereas the 2nd fetched a whopping US$355....

yep i got mine for $220 + tax of course at saks in nyc

Dependent

I am looking to add this to my wardrobe in the near future, but those are excessive prices to pay!

That's weird as it's no longer a limited edition...

I need to get my hands on this , I will be really looking for it in the coming months.

Dependent

I often see "hard to find", "rare" tagged on the descriptions, and I believe it has proved effective for sellers luring the unsuspecting. I just noticed a tester listed at 325USD.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    I often see "hard to find", "rare" tagged on the descriptions, and I believe it has proved effective for sellers luring the unsuspecting. I just noticed a tester listed at 325USD.
    saw that on ebay also

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    That's weird as it's no longer a limited edition...
    It isn't!? Thank god! I'm in no position now, or in the near future to be purchasing anything near it's price (going back to school), but I was worried that come time I had money again it would be gone. Well, seems I don't have to worry about that anymore. Whew!
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

This is the ebayer seller who NEVER uploads a photo for whatever fragrance he/she is selling. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    It isn't!? Thank god! I'm in no position now, or in the near future to be purchasing anything near it's price (going back to school), but I was worried that come time I had money again it would be gone. Well, seems I don't have to worry about that anymore. Whew!
    Hey, this is the house that's renowned for sudden discontinuations and frequent reformulations. I wouldn't rest on my laurels just yet...

Dependent

This is the ebayer seller who NEVER uploads a photo for whatever fragrance he/she is selling. Right?
    In this particular instance, the pic is a generic one. I don't frequent ebay very often and haven't seen other listings (maybe I did but haven't paid attention to) from the seller, so I can't comment. Should the seller (store: HARD TO FIND FRAGRANCES) be avoided? 97% positive feedback.
    Edit: just went thru all the other listings from this seller, and yes, they are either generic pics or NONE at all.

Hey, this is the house that's renowned for sudden discontinuations and frequent reformulations. I wouldn't rest on my laurels just yet...
    I believe a good handful of us are now officially in panic... need to start diving into reserve funds... and soon!
    Last edited by MFJ; 28th August 2009 at 07:03 PM.

I believe a good handful of us are now officially in panic... need to start diving into reserve funds... and soon!
    Reserve funds? Ha! I wish... I've got to pay for my school this semester completely out of pocket. There's where my reserve funds are going, $3,000+. Oh, the SDV's I could have bought with that!
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Reserve funds? Ha! I wish... I've got to pay for my school this semester completely out of pocket. There's where my reserve funds are going, $3,000+. Oh, the SDV's I could have bought with that!
    I can feel your pain!

I believe that Guerlain have recently hiked their prices up so not too sure how much it is now , I think I will need to order another bottle before the end of the year ... If i could afford it I would bathe in the stuff I love it so much

Lightbulb Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

Just posting to let everyone know I called Saks in New York and asked for the fragrance department. I spoke with a very nice lady named Christina. She does have a bit of a strong Asian accent (Japanese I think) but she is definitely understandable as long as you pay extra attention. She is very friendly and helpful.

She did in fact have Spiritueuse Double Vanille available. She said it is only sold in the New York Boutique, and not online. It is $250. [Edit - After receiving the order, I found I was only charged $220.]

She also mentioned she had a Chocolate Vanille available from Guerlain. I may have misheard her, as I can't seem to find any reference to such a creature online. It may be something very new? I didn't order it.

I don't want to publicly post her direct line, but you can call 800-330-8497, then hit the option to be transferred to Saks stores, and the first option is the New York store. Select that, then hit option 6 for customer service, then ask for Christina in fragrances.

Hope that's helpful for anyone trying to get their hands on a bottle. It sure is better than paying $300+ on eBay.
    Last edited by Neurotic Scientist; 2nd September 2009 at 06:34 PM.

Just posting to let everyone know I called Saks in New York and asked for the fragrance department. I spoke with a very nice lady named Christina. She does have a bit of a strong Asian accent (Japanese I think) but she is definitely understandable as long as you pay extra attention. She is very friendly and helpful.

She did in fact have Spiritueuse Double Vanille available. She said it is only sold in the New York Boutique, and not online. It is $250.

She also mentioned she had a Chocolate Vanille available from Guerlain. I may have misheard her, as I can't seem to find any reference to such a creature online. It may be something very new? I didn't order it.

I don't want to publicly post her direct line, but you can call 800-330-8497, then hit the option to be transferred to Saks stores, and the first option is the New York store. Select that, then hit option 6 for customer service, then ask for Christina in fragrances.

Hope that's helpful for anyone trying to get their hands on a bottle. It sure is better than paying $300+ on eBay.

Wow I just paid $220 about a month ago...so glad I bought it then, of course add NY tax and it came to $240

and I know which lady you are talking about in fact she was one of the SA who helped me out..actually there were a few there all very nice, truth is I find the SA in Saks the only really nice SA in Saks, all the rest of SA in Saks I can do without...I rather shop at Bergdorf or Barneys
    Last edited by denec; 28th August 2009 at 08:24 PM.

Is it that good? I may have to make a call....

Quote Originally Posted by denec View Post
    Wow I just paid $220 about a month ago...so glad I bought it then, of course add NY tax and it came to $240

and I know which lady you are talking about in fact she was one of the SA who helped me out..actually there were a few there all very nice, truth is I find the SA in Saks the only really nice SA in Saks, all the rest of SA in Saks I can do without...I rather shop at Bergdorf or Barneys
    I called Bergdorf's, they have it $220.

Quote Originally Posted by drchipinski View Post
    I called Bergdorf's, they have it $220.

i cannot imagine that Saks be higher price then

Three hours into wearing it today...and I feel like this is not my scent....way too powdery for me.

Three hours into wearing it today...and I feel like this is not my scent....way too powdery for me.
    interesting i got no powdery at all from it

Quote Originally Posted by denec View Post
    interesting i got no powdery at all from it
    Just not my cup of tea I guess....

Smile Re: Where can I buy Spiritueuse Double Vanille?

TPC has decants. I just ordered one yesterday.

I received my order today. It turns out I was charged $220, not $250. Either Christina misspoke or I misheard her (probably the latter).

It is an amazing blend of tobacco and vanilla, leaning more toward tobacco. The tobacco is a very "true" tobacco, meaning it smells closer to a real tobacco absolute as opposed to the synthetic accords that are much more common in fragrances with tobacco notes. In addition to that, there is a mix of subtle ambery notes that is VERY pleasant indeed.

If you like tobacco, amber, and vanilla, you'll love this.I thought I found a real winner with Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille but Spiritueuse Double Vanille puts it to shame.

If you like tobacco, amber, and vanilla, you'll love this.
    Even more so if you really like Serge Lutens. I found it a very Lutens-esque scent.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Sur la Plage

Just not my cup of tea I guess....
    You're not the only one. I tried to like it, but it just was not meant to be.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    You're not the only one. I tried to like it, but it just was not meant to be.
    So I left my office where I sprayed it and went out to meetings the majority of the day, and when I returned my office smells like an old lady!

I decided to order Clive X to replace it....

So I left my office where I sprayed it and went out to meetings the majority of the day, and when I returned my office smells like an old lady!

I decided to order Clive X to replace it....
    Sacrebleu!

Off wizth iz 'ead!

Sacrebleu!

Off wizth iz 'ead!
    I know...I know...

Blog Entries

She did in fact have Spiritueuse Double Vanille available. She said it is only sold in the New York Boutique, and not online. It is $250. [Edit - After receiving the order, I found I was only charged $220.]

I have done business with the same SA. She's very helpful.

I received my order today. It turns out I was charged $220, not $250. Either Christina misspoke or I misheard her (probably the latter).

It is an amazing blend of tobacco and vanilla, leaning more toward tobacco. The tobacco is a very "true" tobacco, meaning it smells closer to a real tobacco absolute as opposed to the synthetic accords that are much more common in fragrances with tobacco notes. In addition to that, there is a mix of subtle ambery notes that is VERY pleasant indeed.

If you like tobacco, amber, and vanilla, you'll love this.I thought I found a real winner with Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille but Spiritueuse Double Vanille puts it to shame.
    That's really weird. I get hardly any tobacco from SdV, sure there is *some* but really to me it's ALL about that vanilla. TV on the other hand is far more about tobacco, so much so, that I don't even consider these in the same category. Judging them against each other doesn't really make sense to me, TV is tobacco tinged with vanilla whereas SdV is the exact opposite.

got an extra bottle at the guerlain boutique in las vegas if anyone is looking for one and too afraid to buy off ebay a fellow BN can help you out!

I am guessing she was talking about Gourmand Coquin
    Evenstar

Does anyone know where I can buy SDV in the UK or online from France (I don't speak French so am not confident conversing via phone or email)? For the price of a large decant from TPC, I might as well get a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by bubby View Post
    Does anyone know where I can buy SDV in the UK or online from France (I don't speak French so am not confident conversing via phone or email)? For the price of a large decant from TPC, I might as well get a bottle.
    bubby, I wouldn't worry about calling the Champs Ellysses store. There are a few SAs who can speak English quite well.
    Last edited by Trebor; 24th September 2009 at 11:29 AM.

Thanks Trebor,
    Is it not possible to get in the UK? I'm not even sure if I can say SDV correctly. I'm reminded of a long conversation with a French colleague.

Me: "I'm going to Boulogne next week, isn't that where you're from?"
    Him: Where?
    Me: Boulogne.
    Me: Boulogne.
    Him: I've never heard of that place. I'm from Boulogne.
    Me: Yeah, that's what I said, Boulogne.
    Me: Boulogne, the place you just said!
    Him: Ahhh, Boulogne.

Any idea of the price of SDV at the moment? I can't really afford it, but I spilled a small amount of my decant on the dressing table last week and even now the smell is making me want to bathe in it!

Quote Originally Posted by bubby View Post

Any idea of the price of SDV at the moment? I can't really afford it, but I spilled a small amount of my decant on the dressing table last week and even now the smell is making me want to bathe in it!
    I know how 0.2ml sample vial of SDV turned me on and gave me sleepless nights until I bought a bottle....I bought it from someone on the board...

You can perhaps check the sales thread (link below) of board member 'xmen' here and contact him if he has a bottle for sale....He did have one, I remember. You are just 2 days late to post this and I did see two bottles of SDV getting sold on the basenotes sales board in the last 2 days..

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=229160

I know how 0.2ml sample vial of SDV turned me on and gave me sleepless nights until I bought a bottle....I bought it from someone on the board...

You can perhaps check the sales thread (link below) of board member 'xmen' here and contact him if he has a bottle for sale....He did have one, I remember. You are just 2 days late to post this and I did see two bottles of SDV getting sold on the basenotes sales board in the last 2 days..

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=229160
    Yeah, that's your best bet for a UK purchase and, to be honest, I'd rather it stays that way...

Many thanks for your help!

Like gupts I tried a small sample - which I almost ordered totally randomly from TPC - and could not get it out of my head until I bought a bottle. SDV has so many layers and it clings to me all day and into the night. My only problem is how fast I'm going through my bottle.