Code of Conduct

Default Tobacco Vanille - Beeswax?

Does anyone else get a beeswax note in TV? Maybe it's from the tobacco. I know Moss Breches has "beeswax absolute" listed in the pyramid.

I'm not sure why I get more beeswax in TV than before - maybe I'm smelling through the vanilla and noticing the other notes more?

Default Re: Tobacco Vanille - Beeswax?

I noticed it several months ago here:

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...vanilla+candle

... when my friends commented that I smelled like a burning vanilla candle. So it might not be beeswax, but certainly some wax.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Beeswax is not listed in the notes listing for Tobacco Vanille. I'm guessing you're interpreting the honey soaked dryfruits and vanilla as Beeswax. IMO, ofcourse.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Ah yes - honey is more accurate, not beeswax! Thanks Amit.

And yes, Stereotomy - definitely a burning vanilla candle. A high quality vanilla candle - not the ones you find on sale at Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Beeswax is not listed in the notes listing for Tobacco Vanille. I'm guessing you're interpreting the honey soaked dryfruits and vanilla as Beeswax. IMO, ofcourse.

Anthony, from what I smelled, most beeswax absolute are sweet, honey-like, and a bit 'waxy' with subtle notes of something slightly grassy and tobacco-esque. That may be where it's coming from.

A bit off topic, but I feel that some lots of TV are minorly different from eachother? (I have used 5 different lots) My previous decant had a slight bitter balsamic tinge with less sweetness -- while my latest one is heavier on the vanilla with a more waxy texture. Might just be my imagination plus paranoia though.... Either way, they all smell great!

I've detected the variation in lots as well - I've had two samples, three decants and a full bottle. The bottle seems to be the heaviest on the honey-like note.

Agreed they all smell great, though it might also be my imagination and paranoia - but seems the ones heavier on vanilla also have better sillage, though the longevity is out of this world.

Quote Originally Posted by moltening View Post
    Anthony, from what I smelled, most beeswax absolute are sweet, honey-like, and a bit 'waxy' with subtle notes of something slightly grassy and tobacco-esque. That may be where it's coming from.

A bit off topic, but I feel that some lots of TV are minorly different from eachother? (I have used 5 different lots) My previous decant had a slight bitter balsamic tinge with less sweetness -- while my latest one is heavier on the vanilla with a more waxy texture. Might just be my imagination plus paranoia though.... Either way, they all smell great!