Code of Conduct

Post Azzaro Pour Homme...

How is the longevity and sillage of Azzaro Pour Homme? Better or worse then Paco PH?

Default Re: Azzaro Pour Homme...

I find that Azzaro Pour Homme is very potent a little goes a very long way. While I find Paco Pour Homme to be strong for the first 1/2 hour and then settles down lingers close to the skin. Unfortunately Azzaro dose not do that and needs to be used with a light hand.

If anything is an issue with Pout Homme, it's not longevity and sillage.

As much as I wanted to like this classic, it just turned kind of bitter on my skin.

It's my cousin's favorite fragrance, so I gave it to him.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Azzaro sillage and longevity are excellent--almost too much. My (female) boss just walked by me and said "mmm, you smell SO good!"

...but it's not for everybody. It's a very old-fashioned smell--like old-school shaving products. In a good way, though.

This is for the mature man. If you are younger than, say, 35, you're probably going to think it smells like 'an old guy'.

Lots of bang for the buck though.

A handsome, classy scent whose longevity was better than average in my try.

I would say both current formulations of this are on par, strength-wise. Two sprays is good or else you'll suffocate people.

The sillage is also excellent for both. I think Azzaro Pour Homme smells more commanding, though, because of the musk. Paco Rabanne pH just smells pleasantly green and creamy.

Quote Originally Posted by dynendal View Post
    I would say both current formulations of this are on par, strength-wise. Two sprays is good or else you'll suffocate people.

The sillage is also excellent for both. I think Azzaro Pour Homme smells more commanding, though, because of the musk. Paco Rabanne pH just smells pleasantly green and creamy.
    Couldn't have said it better.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Off-Scenter

Both are prodigious. Overapply Azzaro and you'll knock down an elephant at 50 yards.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by dynendal View Post

Agree

dang it
    I need to try this -_-
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Azzaro pH has very good longevity and sillage. As has already been said, it needs to be applied lightly (although i dont )).

I would not rank Azzaro pH with Paco pH, as Paco is a more contemporary scent, also with good sillage, but does not last as long as Azzaro.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

On me, Azzaro PH lasts more.

Did try azarro ph at my wrist with 1 spritzer last week again and find the longevity over 12 hours and the sillage much better than other new ones which i tried at the same day as example l´essence de cerruti had less sillage and was weaker than azarro.
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."

It was rather strange to me that Enrique Iglesias has become the face of Azzaro Pour Homme... The scent itself is awesome but not for the young audience of Enrique (it would be better to him to be the face of Chrome). What do you think of this Azzaro's choice and of the ad?

Last edited by AntonPan; 25th September 2009 at 05:17 PM.

Wow...this thread got resurrected LOL.

Employing Enrique Iglesias as the new face of Azzaro PH is a good move by Azzaro IMO. At least now the younger crowd will actually give this frag a chance rather than blindly dismissing it as an old man's frag.

But on the other hand when i take a look at the new Azzaro Pour Homme Elixir's notes, i feel that Enrique Iglesias would be a better choice as the face of Elixir.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    Wow...this thread got resurrected LOL.

Employing Enrique Iglesias as the new face of Azzaro PH is a good move by Azzaro IMO. At least now the younger crowd will actually give this frag a chance rather than blindly dismissing it as an old man's frag.....
    Well said.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

the staying-power and sillage is very bad on me. maby something wrong whit the bottle..

I wonder if this has been reformulated. On me, the top notes are strong, but it becomes very mild in the first few minutes, rather weak, and has only moderate to poor longevity ( and things tend to last well on my skin, too ). I was really surprised at the powerhouse designation this often receives - my experience was like Oslo-Fjord's.

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    I wonder if this has been reformulated. On me, the top notes are strong, but it becomes very mild in the first few minutes, rather weak, and has only moderate to poor longevity ( and things tend to last well on my skin, too ). I was really surprised at the powerhouse designation this often receives - my experience was like Oslo-Fjord's.
    Same here. It is intensely bitter and herbal on top, but it seems like it reaches this tipping point and suddenly it's a spicy musky skin scent.

I have the exact same experience with Rive Gauche.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I can only agree with GB here. It becomes a weak skin scent very fast.

It must've been reformulated and it def. has been repackaged.

Hi Galamb, I've read that Azzaro does not last long on you're skin. That's to bad, it's a great frag. It lasts forever on me, and it's wonderful. It's not for you. answering the original question I think Azzaro lasts longer than Paco Rabbane, at least on me it does, Sillage is about the same for both. As far as the ad campaign with Iglesias, the people at Azzaro are saying this is the type of young Man that should be wearing Azzaro PH. Handsome, Passionate, Suave. We'll see i fit works.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I just posted about this scent in another thread here that might partially answer your question.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Definitely reformulated but still very good. I prefer it to PRPH and in my mind it is hugely superior to the chemical-harsh of RGPH.
    I don't wear this style often but when I do its the Azzaro.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Has anyone had experience with Azzaro Intense pour Homme? I'm wondering if it might be a good option for those of us who find regular Azzaro on the weak side...

This is one that intrigues me but which I've never really gotten. There's a sort of hollowness to it to me, as if it's missing a part somewhere. I'm going to give it another try tomorrow.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    It was rather strange to me that Enrique Iglesias has become the face of Azzaro Pour Homme... The scent itself is awesome but not for the young audience of Enrique (it would be better to him to be the face of Chrome). What do you think of this Azzaro's choice and of the ad?

Bad choice for the 'face' of this scent, IMO. The line must be wanting to appeal to the Latin masculine market with the scent (good luck!) and that's why they chose Iglesias.

I haven't smelled this in years. Every time I think of this scent, or hear it mentioned, I think of two things from my past:

1. My older brother wore this for YEARS when I was growing up. Heavily.
    2. In junior high, I did a verbal report / project on cologne (yes, can you believe it - I was interested in fragrances all the way back in high school) and I took 6 or 7 bottles of cologne from me, my brother and my Dad to school to use in my presentation - along with essential oils, etc. On the way to my locker at the end of the class (which I got an 'A' on my report) I dropped the bottle of Azzaro Pour Homme on the hallway floor (it fell from my hands when I was putting my stuff in my locker). The hallway and that wing of the junior high, smelled like APH for about a week or two.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 26th September 2009 at 03:09 AM.

I have to ask you GB, have you tried wearing APH for a day, spraying it on as you would a scent you wear regularly, as opposed to smelling it on your hand? I ask this b/c when I first sampled it, I had the same impression you did - I had just sprayed some on my hand from a tester. I wasn't impressed. It wasn't until I bought a bottle and sprayed it on my chest, wrists and inner elbows that I experienced its true magic. It's a completely different experience. I think if you actually wear it, you may find you like it a lot more and will get a lot more mileage out of it.

For me, the best part of Azzaro PH is the drydown which can last quite long on me (esp. considering most scents don't). It's not as much of a powerhouse as Kouros or Furyo, but I find it much stronger than the recent stuffs.