Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: Muscle cars

  1. #1

    Default Muscle cars

    What fragrances do you think go best with late 60s early 70s American muscle cars?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Muscle cars

    CdG's Garage.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Muscle cars

    Azzaro PH

  4. #4

    Default Re: Muscle cars

    Le Labo Patchouli 24 & Santa Maria Novella Nostalgia.

  5. #5
    DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

    kbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Big Blue Marble
    Posts
    17,982
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Muscle cars

    The very comtemporary to the time Aramis
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

  6. #6

    Default Re: Muscle cars

    Ok. How about an '05 Mustang GT Convertible? I have been trying to associate a scent for my car. So far I have gone with Varvatos Vintage.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Muscle cars

    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC View Post
    Ok. How about an '05 Mustang GT Convertible? I have been trying to associate a scent for my car. So far I have gone with Varvatos Vintage.
    Le Labo Patchouli 24 & Santa Maria Novella Nostalgia.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Muscle cars

    The years don't match but M7 says muscle car to me.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Muscle cars

    Santa Maria Novella Nostalgia. No question about it. And it's very aptly named. You smell it and it definitely makes you feel nostalgic for the time when cars were cars-- not emasculated pussilanimous little golf carts.

    It's time to read PJ O'Rourke's ode to the automobile "Driving Like Crazy."

  10. #10

    Default Re: Muscle cars

    Halston Z-14, Polo or Aramis. Boyfriend who had 1978 Bandit Trans Am wore Halston Z-14.

    Gentlemen, start your engines

  11. #11

    Default Re: Muscle cars

    Hmmm...1970s...muscles...

    I seem to recall an ad for Parfums D'Orsay Eau de Cologne du Chevalier from the 1970s with a boxer complete with red boxing gloves enbracing a long-haried woman who was holding her hands behind her back with a bottle of the cologne. A poster of real-life boxer Muhammad Ali was in the background...

    (The real Comte d'Orsay was also a boxer--bare knuckles--as well as a swordsman, marksman, cricket player, carriage driver--but we know he was not really a parfumeur. I seem to recall he drove a 2-wheeled Tilbury carriage with a 17-hand horse--the equivalent of a two-seater with a 5-litre engine today...)

    So much for driving a lot of horsepower while wearing perfume!

    Apart from that association...my vote goes to Aramis, comtemporary to that period.

    cars were cars-- not emasculated pussilanimous little golf carts

    Indie Guy...that quote made my day! LOL!
    Last edited by Primrose; 19th July 2009 at 05:18 PM. Reason: add info
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  12. #12

    Smile Re: Muscle cars

    Quote Originally Posted by 3xasif View Post
    Halston Z-14, Polo or Aramis. Boyfriend who had 1978 Bandit Trans Am wore Halston Z-14.

    Gentlemen, start your engines
    Yes, that would be the definitive list...

    no need to add the uber-masculine Chrome...

  13. #13

    Default Re: Muscle cars

    I had to refer back to my high school days for this one. Most of the muscle cars I was in and out of back in those days smelled of vinyl seats, stale smoke and occasional [read:forgot to throw out last night before heading home] empty beer cans. My friends and I wore scents that smelled much better.

    Me: '72 Pontiac Le Mans and '75 Pontiac Grand Am (455 cu. in.). I wore Aramis Aramis and Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme.

    My Best Friend: '70 Pontiac GTO. He wore Christian Dior Fahrenheit.

    PB: '84 Hurst/Oldsmobile Cutlass. He wore Ralph Lauren Polo every time I saw him.

    For an '05 Mustang, wear whatever energizes you when you drive it. The Varvatos Vintage is a good choice. If I had a new Mustang, I like nsamadi's suggestion of Patchouli 24 and Montale Aoud Leather.
    Last edited by Sloan; 19th July 2009 at 06:16 PM.

  14. #14
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    10,761

    Default Re: Muscle cars

    1. Azzaro

    2. Havana
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 19th July 2009 at 06:43 PM.

  15. #15
    Basteri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Casterly Rock and Roll
    Posts
    1,932

    Default Re: Muscle cars

    Lonestar Memories
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Muscle cars

    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC View Post
    Ok. How about an '05 Mustang GT Convertible? I have been trying to associate a scent for my car. So far I have gone with Varvatos Vintage.
    Awesome . I've got an '06 Stang GT. Never really thought about associating a scent with my car... Now this will bug me for a while!

  17. #17

    Default Re: Muscle cars

    Montale Black Aoud



    Wanna race?
    Last edited by silverbullet; 20th July 2009 at 04:27 PM.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Muscle cars

    Straight line - no way
    Track - yes (I think....)

    Muscle cars: old spice or brut or anything else, doesn't matter; people goin' to be lookin' at the car won't matter what you smell like
    Last edited by seattlelight; 20th July 2009 at 06:04 PM.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Muscle cars

    Quote Originally Posted by sloan_8013 View Post
    I had to refer back to my high school days for this one. Most of the muscle cars I was in and out of back in those days smelled of vinyl seats, stale smoke and occasional [read:forgot to throw out last night before heading home] empty beer cans. My friends and I wore scents that smelled much better.

    Me: '72 Pontiac Le Mans and '75 Pontiac Grand Am (455 cu. in.). I wore Aramis Aramis and Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme.

    My Best Friend: '70 Pontiac GTO. He wore Christian Dior Fahrenheit.

    PB: '84 Hurst/Oldsmobile Cutlass. He wore Ralph Lauren Polo every time I saw him.

    For an '05 Mustang, wear whatever energizes you when you drive it. The Varvatos Vintage is a good choice. If I had a new Mustang, I like nsamadi's suggestion of Patchouli 24 and Montale Aoud Leather.
    LeMans + Aramis= classic combo, lurve Aramis

    GTO + Fahrenheit= brings back memories of laides night at a local club waaaay back and a friend who had a 70s GTO....that I rear ended. His car had a scratch, the front end of my 1981 Ford Escort was an accordion LOL

    And the Cutlass + Polo= wow. At the above mentioned club there was a doorman that wore Polo and if he used the payphone my girlfriends and I would sniff the phone, swooning. Really. I learned to drive on a Cutlass like this- I could barely reach out and close that heavy door haha


  20. #20

    Default Re: Muscle cars

    Quote Originally Posted by 3xasif View Post
    LeMans + Aramis= classic combo, lurve Aramis

    GTO + Fahrenheit= brings back memories of laides night at a local club waaaay back and a friend who had a 70s GTO....that I rear ended. His car had a scratch, the front end of my 1981 Ford Escort was an accordion LOL

    And the Cutlass + Polo= wow. At the above mentioned club there was a doorman that wore Polo and if he used the payphone my girlfriends and I would sniff the phone, swooning. Really. I learned to drive on a Cutlass like this- I could barely reach out and close that heavy door haha

    BTW, I was in Toronto in 1990 or 1991 and bought a bottle of Aramis in one of the department stores (Eaton Center) during one of the worst heatwaves...summer...CN Tower vanished in the haze...it held up fine and I met someone there. Just leave it at that.

    I have recently rediscovered Aramis and frankly have been wearing only Aramis. At least for me, no need to go elsewhere anymore..._though driving a Toyota...

  21. #21

    Default Re: Muscle cars

    personally I always thought of polo green. Inside of a camaro.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Muscle cars

    The very phallic Cardin for Men.
    To be worn whilst driving a metallic-finish Barracuda.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Muscle cars

    I say try something not so safe or expected...maybe a masculine floral perhaps?

  24. #24

    Default Re: Muscle cars

    I'm thinking Azzaro ph, Polo, Grey Flannel.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Muscle cars

    Fahrenheit.

    SMW makes me think of my Vette too.

  26. #26

    Wink Re: Muscle cars

    Fabergé Turbo

    Without a doubt!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sniffman; 26th September 2009 at 03:38 AM.
    thread reviver

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •