Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default If you could only choose one cologne, what would be your choice?

I am very glad to have found this forum. Have learnt so much in a very short time. I do have a large collection of cologne, but none of them has been much more than 50 bucks a bottle. I just beginning to appreciate what is out there. Before this, it was just the Andron of Jovan

I have bought a few of the more expensive and very fine fragrances since became a member of this board. My next one will be the Double Vanille by Guerlain and I am heading to Vegas just for that (what an excuse, I know). Anyway, I would like to gather opinions of all the cologne lovers here of what would be the ultimate collection. Give me "your" best choice !!! Hope to hear from all of you here.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: If you could only choose one cologne, what would be your choice?

Either Body Kouros or Rive Gauche... the BK I enjoy more, the RG more versatile.

Carlo Corinto Vetyver.

Sadly, it's discontinued. Of stuff still in production I'd go with Rive Gauche.

Honorable mention to Ambre Sultan - it's just not as versatile.
    - E.J.

Post Thanks / Like

Chanel Allure Sport.

Black Auod.

AromiErotici

You mention "one", but also ask about the ultimate collection.

I wouldn't worry about the ultimate collection. Too, too many substantial frags out there to choose from.

A good place to start is in categories ( Fougeres, Orientals,etc....) and sample until you find your winners. My best bottle is Patou PH and it would be "the one" if forced to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    You mention "one", but also ask about the ultimate collection.

I wouldn't worry about the ultimate collection. Too, too many substantial frags out there to choose from.

A good place to start is in categories ( Fougeres, Orientals,etc....) and sample until you find your winners. My best bottle is Patou PH and it would be "the one" if forced to choose.
    I am sorry if I've confused anyone. I meant my own collection of erotic and fine fragrances choosing from this list of your "one" choices.

Post Thanks / Like

Creed - Green Irish Tweed!
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

Post Thanks / Like

Musc Ravageur.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Post Thanks / Like

Armani Eau pour Homme!

Havana

BINGO

Christian Dior Eau Sauvage

Aramis.

Ghenghis Khan by Marc de la Morandiere

Post Thanks / Like

Heritage- Guerlain

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ortho123 View Post
    Aramis.
    Absolutely.

Only on the condition I could keep Old Spice as an aftershave, though!

Creed Imperial of course!

Post Thanks / Like

Amouage Jubilation XXV

Post Thanks / Like

Undecided between :
    Knize Ten ... or Tabac Blond
    Arabie...or Chergui
    Black Aoud...or Voleur de Roses

...I think I'll settle for Piper Nigrum!
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Of all the ones mentioned so far, I only have Aramis and Creed Imperial. Will sample all ! By the way, I tried Clive Christian 1872 the other day at Neiman Marcus and it certainly smelled wonderful and not like any other cologne that I've ever owned. But at 650 for 1.5 oz??Hmmm ! I will mention that to someone on my birthday, and if I get lucky...

Post Thanks / Like

L'Anarchiste by Caron

EQUIPAGE

(vintage) of course

Post Thanks / Like

Havana Reserva

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Ford-Tobacco Vanille

Its a scent that totally works with my body chemistry. One whiff and my wife said "That fragrence is you."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There can only be one.....Mitsouko!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Kudos to Big Punisher , he is on the same page with me, I would also pick BK. But I would also pick Gucci II...very hard choice.

Amouage Jubilation XXV

Post Thanks / Like

choosing one fragrance to live with for the rest of your life... i would compare it to finding your wife or "soulmate" ... it takes a long time, a lot of effort, and the willingness to compromise... I found my wife, but I don't think I'll ever find a fragrance I would ever settle for... thank you basenotes for making me a whore forever
    At your service

Post Thanks / Like

Hell , restricting myself to just one frag is just about totally impossible ! ...
    But if I had Tauer's L'Air Du Desert Marocain , and PG's Cadjmere and L'Ombre Fauve ... I might, might just survive ! ...
    But I am already starting to mourn all my other fave ones that I've not mentioned !
    Last edited by Sybarite; 21st July 2009 at 01:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Tiffany for Men
    Snarky is as snarky does.

seems like everyone is naming a unique frag just to stay unique from everyone else.

doesn't anyone wear polo blue or nautica voyage or CK one, etc.??

Post Thanks / Like

Of my men's fragrances, I'd have the hardest time going without Habit Rouge EDC.

Creed Himalaya
    Last edited by weylin; 23rd July 2009 at 06:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Mugler Cologne

Azzaro ph
    Peace ~ Markymark

Quote Originally Posted by decillisjl View Post
    choosing one fragrance to live with for the rest of your life... i would compare it to finding your wife or "soulmate" ... it takes a long time, a lot of effort, and the willingness to compromise... I found my wife, but I don't think I'll ever find a fragrance I would ever settle for... thank you basenotes for making me a whore forever
    "desperately seeking a full bottle of C&S 88... will swap "almost" whatever it takes". There you go, a bottle of C&S 88 for all your other whores! Oops, I mean all your other fragrances
    Last edited by Pug911; 21st July 2009 at 05:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Giorgio for Men (you expected I should say something else? )
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like

Lp9
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't do it
    Last edited by jathanas; 21st July 2009 at 06:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Eau sauvage

Post Thanks / Like

Creed - SMW & BDP

Post Thanks / Like

this is tough
    for now I would have to say Tiffany for men
    never fails to impress
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

As for now, Creed Erolfa or Dior Eau Sauvage , can't choose/decide between them
    Last edited by MFJ; 21st July 2009 at 07:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richard d View Post
    L'Anarchiste by Caron

PS Gotta add Guerlain's Vetiver

Post Thanks / Like

I hate when people read these sorts of threads original intent, and then list like 3 fragrances. ITS ONE. Just say you cannot choose or something, jeez.

Chanel Allure Homme Sport
    Last edited by Sokkou; 21st July 2009 at 07:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: If you could only choose one cologne, what would be your choice?

JHL....Aramis
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Cacharel Pour Homme

Montale - Red Vetyver....and for 4 days last week...it was the only frag left in my collection.

Seriously, I can live with just this one frag.

vita odorifera
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The discontinued, hard-to-find Dunhill Blend 30
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

Post Thanks / Like

DKNY fuel

Why should I? I'm a Basenoter!

Post Thanks / Like

If you had some Andron these days, you could easily sell it for much more than 50 bucks.

The single "one" would be Chanel Pour Monsieur. It works in any weather, in any situation. Always fascinating.
    "Flagrantly fragrant and they can't escape me. My perfume pursued them everywhere that they went.
    You don't want a loan, leave my cologne alone. It's a little too strong for you to be putting on".
    - Lupe Fiasco

Light Blue pour homme

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I went into my fragrance closet, closed my eyes, and reached for something. I pulled out Jacques Bogart's Witness, so I guess that's what I'm stuck with. Could be worse.

Post Thanks / Like

Jock with Scents, that would be my number 3.

I have a hard time between Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque or Tauer's LDDM, but Fumerie makes me feel a little bit more privileged to wear it. But LDDM is a close #2 and then Red Vetyver.

Post Thanks / Like

Ironically I'd go for YSL L'Homme. The irony here lies with the fact that I've never actually owned a bottle of it.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Quote Originally Posted by Critic View Post
    Ironically I'd go for YSL L'Homme. The irony here lies with the fact that I've never actually owned a bottle of it.
    ...And what is your reason for choosing something you have never owned?

Post Thanks / Like

Or Black (Vintage)

Post Thanks / Like

Rive Gauche

Quote Originally Posted by Echo777 View Post
    If you had some Andron these days, you could easily sell it for much more than 50 bucks.

The single "one" would be Chanel Pour Monsieur. It works in any weather, in any situation. Always fascinating.
    There are so many more fascinating and better fragrances than Andron. I love Andron and it will always be in my collection, but not just the only one anymore. And yes, 50 bucks will probably just get you a tablespoon full of the Andron.
    Last edited by Pug911; 23rd July 2009 at 06:10 AM.