Code of Conduct

Default bottle size 30ml vs 125ml wht do u prefer ?

which one has more value.. i'm kinda confused since i jst came 2 knw tht u can use a 125 ml for more thn 1 year.. i dnt think i will like the same fragrance after 6 months in terms of value does it have a big difference ? pls advice.. im stuck with couple of 125 ml bottles which may last for years hehe maybe i shld swap thm after sometime.

Default Re: bottle size 30ml vs 125ml wht do u prefer ?

If you have/plan to have a large collection, it will make sense to purchase smaller size bottles for rotation. Not to mention they take up a smaller space too.

I always go for the smallest size. Who knows after a few months you might hate the frag. If u like it then you can always get a bigger bottle. Saves space too. But if its like a rare discountinued frag than get the biggest size possible.

If you're going to have a large wardrobe and are not into decanting or swapping scents, then go for the 30ml despite the higher $/ml. Life's too short to be stuck with one single fragrance.

On the other hand, if you are into decanting or sharing the scent, then 125ml is a good route since the $/ml is usually drastically lower. Like Jonny said, if it's a rare/discontinued frag, then go with the bigger bottle.

As a side note, I wish more houses offered their scents in 30ml sizes, especially from lines like Profumum and the Chanel Exclusifs. (comon' 200ml will last ages!)

now i feel tht smaller sizes r the most ideal thing for me.. i bought a 125ml bottle which smelled so nice at the outlet but nnow i'm starting to get bored of it.. )

Well... Don't forget that properly stored fragrances can last practically forever! I tend to buy big bottles of everything I can see myself wearing in the future.

125ml Looks better, feel better. I regret buying 50ml of KOUROS !!! Shud have bought the 100ml one.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

I always go for the bigger size, especially if it's my second or third buy, because... fragrance industry has (sadly) discovered a frenzy for discontinuing the greatest scents, so one might never be sure...

I tend to buy the larger size, as I have a smaller collection and only buy scents that I know I love and will wear repeatedly. It's just more cost effective when you don't have, or don't want, a large rotation.
    Lena
    "Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form." - Alexander Skarsgård
    Looking to try Les Senteurs Gourmandes Musc Blanc, Parfums de Nicolai Vanille Intense, Chanel Beige and...everything else!

I usually buy the smaller size bottles. It takes me a long time to go through a bottle, so that's best for me.

Usually lighter scents that require more sprays like Live Jazz I opt for bigger size, others always for 50ml.

Small ones are convenient for travel, and that's about it - unless you're one of these 1 or 2 sprays a day people, in which case a 30ml one will last as long as a 100ml one will last for the 4 or 6 sprays a day (or more) people.
    Renato

I like the smaller sizes, unless it's a favourite scent then I may find myself getting larger bottles

I buy the smallest size, because it will take me years to use up even a 30ml bottle - I'd prefer even smaller sizes.

Crayfish

This is a great thread, I've gotten a few insights too, noob that I am.
    I always tend to buy bigger bottles, I get carried away with the cheaper per ml.
    However, as I'm starting to seriously take a look at my collection and amass more frags (I'm a noob with around 17 bottles) -- seriously, there are too few days to rotate them all, darnit...I'm swayed to get smaller bottles for my next few scents...just to include them in my collection and be used, at the same time, have room for more

Long story short: the first designer frag I bought was a 200 ml Lanvin for Men back in (cough, cough) 200...ok, ok, 1987. Believe me, I used it a lot over all these past years and I STILL HAVE A QUARTER OF IT !!!!!
    When I started my current collection I used to get the biggest bottles, but after reading many threads like this one here at BN I realized that the smaller the better, for many reasons:
    - to save money and space;
    - you can get more frags for the same amount of money;
    - it will finish before it gets sour;
    - if you have too many frags, the bigger one will never finish;
    - if you don't like it, the smaller one will finish sooner, etc.
    But if you really like it or use it a lot, buy a big one!