Code of Conduct

Default Fake acqua di parma profumo?

Dar basenoters,
    i recently purchesed two bottles of acqua di parma's profumo for around 150 $ each.
    a bargain perhaps. The boxes were damegd and the bottles themselves arent gold painted which may explain the low price. I've seen these packages advertised on reputable sites elsewhere but im a bit concerned that i have been ripped off.

the smell of the perfume is exactly that of the small cedar strips one would use for lighting cigars and becomes quite annoying after a while. The sillage is good and the longegivity as well but there is almost no development of the smell after the topnotes burn off al that remains is this cedar smell. nothing else.
    Any idea's?

cheers, david
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I take a bottle of wine and I go drink it among the flowers.
    We are always three ... counting my shadow and my friend the shimmering moon
    Happily the moon knows nothing of drinking, and my shadow is never thirsty
    When I sing, the moon listens to me in silence. When I dance, my shadow dances too.
    After all festivities the guests must depart. This sadness I do not know.
    When I go home, the moon goes with me and my shadow follows me

Li Po - II bc

Default Re: Fake acqua di parma profumo?

I don't have any answers, but I thought I would bump the thread in case any of the other readers missed it!

Blog Entries

That looks just like the bottle I have. I doubt if it's a fake. It has a lot of moss in it, and it may be that it just doesn't sit well on your skin. I have the idea this is more appreciated by women than men.

By the way, I just noticed my bottle is leaking from the atomizer. The tube has evidently been drawing up juice & it's been leaking out all this time! I'm going to look for the cap & keep it sealed from now on. I think it's beautiful stuff!

I'm not sure I have an answer but last year Profumo was repackaged (it went from a dark red box to a champagne gold) and the formula was slightly altered. The older formula was more "mossy".

From your image I can say you have the older and IMHO the better version.
    Last edited by cedriceccentric; 30th July 2009 at 02:02 PM.

I would doubt anybody would fake it.
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

I bought Profumo about 12/18 months ago and it was exactly the same bottle and box. I have had a decent decant of Profumo before purchasing and it is the same. The fragrance is very 'lemony' to me - or mossy.
    I don't think you have been ripped off. I love the stuff too - but it is 'mossier' than the newer supposed chypres going around.
    Good buy!
    “If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” Tallulah Bankhead - Actress