Code of Conduct
    AromiErotici

Default L'Occitane Notre Flore Cedre question

Is this worth a blind buy?

Default Re: L'Occitane Notre Flore Cedre question

I was quite unimpressed. Boring, synthetic.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Post Re: L'Occitane Notre Flore Cedre question

They must have forgot to blend in the iris in the sample I had, as well as all the other notes as well.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    I was quite unimpressed. Boring, synthetic.
    Thank you t_g_l. I do not care for synthetic.

I thought all L'Occitane products were natural.

Are you sure it's synthetic?

BTW, Cedre was the only one of the four Notre Flore (I love Occitan--the language--that is--as well as the fragrances) line that was marketed to men only.
    Last edited by Primrose; 20th July 2009 at 05:07 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

IMO definitely worth a blind buy

I find Cedre to be a pleasant lemony and light wood splash. A little sweeter that I really like, but it is OK.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Liked it ok the first time I sampled it, but the second time I got the "synthetic" feel too... though I don't think it is, but it just doesn't come across like it is natural. I wouldn't go blind on it...
    Last edited by Schachman; 20th July 2009 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I thought all L'Occitane products were natural.

Are you sure it's synthetic?

BTW, Cedre was the only one of the four Notre Flore (I love Occitan--the language--that is--as well as the fragrances) line that was marketed to men only.
    They have never been a genuine natural cosmetics house, though they clearly ride on the image. That's not to say that their products didn't have a high percentage of naturals in them, but in that regard, they have clearly been slipping in recent years. I viewed the Notre Flore series in particular as a major downturn in quality from their previous fragrances. Their vintage Vetyver beats most niche V.s that are treble the price.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    They have never been a genuine natural cosmetics house, though they clearly ride on the image. That's not to say that their products didn't have a high percentage of naturals in them, but in that regard, they have clearly been slipping in recent years. I viewed the Notre Flore series in particular as a major downturn in quality from their previous fragrances. Their vintage Vetyver beats most niche V.s that are treble the price.
    Quel dommage!

I have the Iris, Myrtle and the Jasmine. Not the best on longevity evan as EDP, but nice. The Myrtle is a nice, unisex eau fraiche.

I am pondering the L'Occitane shaving line for hubby because we like to go cruelty-free when we can. I just bought him a faux badger brush and turned up my nose to The Art of Shaving because of the P&G buyout.
    Last edited by Primrose; 21st July 2009 at 02:28 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.