Code of Conduct

Default Just bought Jaipur EDP, worth buying Burberry London

????? I heard they are both very good Fall/Winter fragrances. I really want to get Burberry London, but from what I heard they are similar in a lot of ways. I can get it for really cheap ($28 for the 3.3 o.z., I live a short commute away from the fragrance district in NY). I also heard that London disappears very quickly for some people.
    Last edited by kooza32; 20th July 2009 at 03:47 AM.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Just bought Jaipur EDP, worth buying Burberry London

The Jaipur EDP purchase was a smart move. You have good taste. Jaipur was one of my favorites starting out in fragrance and still is in my top 10 list. Great quality product. The EDP is not always easy to find. If you like Jaipur I would suggest trying Mitsouko EDP by Guerlain. These are two top shelf fragrances. Welcome to Base Notes.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 20th July 2009 at 04:16 AM.

Default Re: Just bought Jaipur EDP, worth buying Burberry London

I find Jaipur EdP to be a bit too one-dimensional for a couple of hours, with nothing special at all when you get to the drydown, which is quite weak. Perhaps the EdP formulation creates a cream-like quality, which makes the notes hard to distinguish (aside from the obvious). I notice this too with H.M., which I prefer as an EdT. On the other hand, London is a bit synthetic and disorganized up top, but the drydown is rich and well-blended. Keep in mind that many BNers say that they don't really smell much of anything in the drydown, so this seems to be the kind of frag that varies a lot from one person to another, for whatever reason. Another frag along the lines of London is Mesmerize for men by Avon, which you can sometimes get on ebay for a few dollars. You also might want to consider Lalique Pour Homme (lion).
    Last edited by Bigsly; 20th July 2009 at 04:26 AM.

I think Jaipur is a gem as well. My wife brought me back a bottle of the large edp from France, and I have been in love with it. I loved it so much I purchased two other bottles, but in edt. To me both the EDP and EDT are fantastic. And the staying power is remarkable! Just a couple of sprays really does go a long way, at least on my skin it does.

Quote Originally Posted by kooza32 View Post
    ????? I heard they are both very good Fall/Winter fragrances. I really want to get Burberry London, but from what I heard they are similar in a lot of ways. I can get it for really cheap ($28 for the 3.3 o.z., I live a short commute away from the fragrance district in NY). I also heard that London disappears very quickly for some people.
    You cannot fail with Burberry London....well, you could.......but you know what I mean. I still really appreciate it, which is special, as most fragrances get boring after a while. I have no longevity issues on my dry skin.

Why don't you sample it on your skin first, then decide. It is a great contemporary tobacco fragrance.

Jaipur & Burberry London are nothing alike...