Code of Conduct

Arrow 2 brand new Bond No9's...

Ive had the opportunity to sample two brand new Bond No9 scents today... the first of which is the upcoming holiday release Bond No9 Perfume - where the Empire State meets the Gulf States with a perfume comprising of oud, rose & musks. The second, Bond No9's latest collaboration with the Andy Warhol Foundation titled Success is a Job in New York.

Below is an extract of my brief "Success..." review:

Fresh from the FedEx van this morning, my press sample of Bond No 9 Success is a Job in New York has arrived, and aside from everything else, I'm guessing it boasts possibly the longest name in perfume history! Fortunately though, the same can be said for the scent itself which is really rather persistent. It opens with a shimmering bergamot accord and tart and tangy coriander. There is a velvet-smooth hint of nutmeg and vanilla that emerges rather quickly - much like a delicious egg-nog - which lends a comforting sweetness... read more here.

Default Re: 2 brand new Bond No9's...

Wow...great news...Bond No 9 is one of my favourite houses.....I still haven't smelled Brooklyn yet and here we are with 2 more new releases....Sorry actually 3....Almost forgot about Bond no 9 Harrods for him.....

Thanks for the news & views Dimitri....

Blog Entries

Awesome! Thanks for the review, Dimitri. I definitely want to sniff this one. I'm looking forward very much to the interview with Laurice. (Sad to hear that Grey Vetiver fell short in the previous post! ) Also very interested in that holiday release. That could be good. Sounds like Bond is hitting us with some nice stuff.

Thanks mate. From the sounds of your quick review one could layer Bond No 9 Success is a Job in New York (egg nog) with Ambre Narguile (danish cinnamon pastries) and soon be smelling like Xmas
    Last edited by jathanas; 20th July 2009 at 11:17 AM.

Dimitri -
    Thanks for the information on the new Bond No. 9's. I look forward to their release with anticipation and I hope for the best, but I will be cautious as I've been burned by rushing to love several no. 9's in the past. It will be interesting.

By the way, I really enjoyed you blog description of the acquisition of your bottle of vintage Guerlain Vol de Nuit. The step by step details of the buy, then the anticipation and discovery of opening the bottle and then to experience the scent . . . a perfect perfume discovery tale.

Thank you for putting that to words!
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 20th July 2009 at 05:59 PM.

Thanks for the post and review.

As usual I'm late to the party but how did Bond get the rights to use Andy Warhol's name on perfume? Genius marketing.

3xasif, its a collaboration between the Andy Warhol Foundation, and Bond No9... each scent is created to appeal to both Warhol enthusiasts and Bond No9 fans... they adopt Warhol's aesthetics, ideals and/or and sensibilities and translate that into perfume.

Thanks for the review. One my favorite House .

Hey Dimitri. Great news. Can you expand a tiny bt on the other Bond with the Oud, rose and Musk in it. When is that coming out, what does it smell like and do you have a name for it. This one sounds amazing.

Sounds great, I am curious when the bond flagship store will get all the new bonds

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    Hey Dimitri. Great news. Can you expand a tiny bt on the other Bond with the Oud, rose and Musk in it. When is that coming out, what does it smell like and do you have a name for it. This one sounds amazing.
    I will cairomerta, in the days to come. I am wearing "Success" today and thus did not want to spray "Perfume" liberally. From what I could smell from the nozzle however, its lovely! I will be writing a full blog review and posting a photo in a few days.

The only mention of a release date is "On counter in time for the Holidays". 3.4 oz for $330.

Quote Originally Posted by denec View Post
    Sounds great, I am curious when the bond flagship store will get all the new bonds
    Success...... will be launched October 1st Denec. Prices as listed on my blog.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 20th July 2009 at 03:45 PM.

Sorry, if I didn't make it clear in post #1, the holiday scent is called: "BOND NO.9 PERFUME".
    Quite a statement, no?!

I don't think I can wait until tomorrow to wear this fully, perhaps I'll spritz after my evening shower.

HAHAHHAH. Great Dimitri!! I cant wait to her about this one. This sounds like it is going to be amazing!! I cant wait to hear your opinion on it!

I'm quite interested in hearing your opinion of the "perfume" bond. It sounds great!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Thanks for the comments and information Dimitri. Success sounds like an over-the-top floriental and I'm looking forward to more about Perfume.