Code of Conduct

Default Lily of the valley - "edible" variety

I'm rediscovering muguet fragrance - I've just found out it's no longer migraine inducing for me. I dug out a sample of Diorissimo and I'm head over heels in love with the honeyed, subtle floral freshness. It seems almost edible - the nectar is just irresistible and I can't stop smelling myself whenever I wear it.
    I'm looking for other scents like this - I know Goutal's Le Muguet but Goutal's perfume does little for me as it has poor longevity on me. I hope you can help me out with your brilliant suggestions.
    Last edited by Darwinia; 20th July 2009 at 07:14 PM. Reason: typing with my elbow

Default Re: Lily of the valley - "edible" variety

Caron Muguet du Bonheur is delicious. Vintage Coty Muguet is also swoon worthy. Royalissime by le Prince Henri d'Orleans is also a lovely white flower scent with a lot of muguet in it.
    Last edited by Brielle87; 20th July 2009 at 04:41 PM.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

While at Aedes de Venustas a few days ago, I sniffed Santa Maria Novella Mughetto and was delighted to find they had captured the "coolness" -- the sense of inhaling cooled air when you smell the fresh flower-- in a way that most LOTV scents fail to do. And it smelled realistic. If I didn't already own so many LOTV scents, I'd buy that one.

I don't know about longevity, though-- it was not one of the few I tested on skin that day.

Basenotes Institution

I agree with Brielle87 - the Coty is the one you want to sample next. Not too green, very nice and chewy.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I agree with Brielle87 - the Coty is the one you want to sample next. Not too green, very nice and chewy.
    I agree too with emphasis on vintage. The reformulated one sold today (in the crystal flacon shape) is earthier, less fresh (and to me, less realistic) than the earlier version.

But on eBay you can get bottles of the stuff form the 1990s which still smells good-- look for the box with the heart shape/wreath design with the periwinkle colored ribbon bow, like this current listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MUGUET-des-bois-...6#ht_827wt_941

Thanks. I think I'll go for a blind buy with Coty. I almost got the reformulated version - thank you for the warning!
    I'll have a chance to give the Santa Maria Novella a sniff when I'm in Warsaw - I'll look for Caron as well (I adore their perfume in general - the ones I know).

Blog Entries

We discussed quite a few on this thread:http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=229497

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    We discussed quite a few on this thread:http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=229497
    Thanks again! I'll definitely will take a good look there although I'm afraid I'm looking rather for the sickly sweet variety.
    Last edited by Darwinia; 23rd July 2009 at 05:16 PM.

I got a great deal on Caron's Muguet du Bonheur and my husband boutght me that old Coty. I'm extatic!
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Definitely a Comme des Garcons girl.