Code of Conduct

Default Spicy Ginger/Ginger Bread Man Recommendations, Niche only please!

Hi I am looking for a fragrance that mimics a soda drink I very much like:Old Jamaica Ginger Beer. I love the spicy ginger that springs out of this drink and would love to find a similar scent.

Another ginger note I like is the superb ginger in gingerbread men, oh how I love to eat these as a kid and I still do now.

I would prefer niche/super niche recommendations please, they usually try more avant garde combinations of notes that will more likely be one that I'm looking for. Also another requirement would be that I would prefer the spicy ginger to be prominent in the scent, almost like putting a lot of chillies onto a pizza and the adrenaline rush one gets.

thank you.

EDIT so far....
    Serge Luten's Five O'Clock Au Gingembre
    L'Artisan's Tea For Two
    Ginger Ale by Demeter
    Gingerbread Marshmallow by Jojoelle
    Piper Nigrum by Lorenzo Villoresi
    Un Crime Exotique by Parfumerie Generale
    Comme des Garcon's Soda

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    There was a recent thread on this topic recently in the Women's discussion area. Alot of the suggestions were unisex, so you may want to check it out!
    and interesting ginger scents from the ladies thread of a similar topic:
    Burberry Brit Red EDP
    Chanel Bois des Iles
    Parfums des Beaux Arts Gingembre by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz
    Ginger Essence by Origins
    Ultrared Man by Paco Rabanne
    Shub-Niggurath by Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab
    Last edited by Aerandir4; 21st July 2009 at 11:06 PM.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Default Re: Spicy Ginger/Ginger Bread Man Recommendations, Niche only please!

Well, I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to be the first to say the inevatable, Serge Lutens Five O'Clock Au Gingembre.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Well, I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to be the first to say the inevatable, Serge Lutens Five O'Clock Au Gingembre.
    Doh! Beat me to it. Also check out L'Artisan's Tea For Two, but Gingembre is the go-to for gingerbread men...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Serge Lutens' Five O’clock su Gingembre is lovely, it's a light sweet ginger in strong black tea scent. I love it.

Five O'Clock Au Gingembre is my favourite ginger scent

Piper Nigrum reminds me of gingerbread.

Ginger Ale by Demeter, of course.

There was a recent thread on this topic recently in the Women's discussion area. Alot of the suggestions were unisex, so you may want to check it out!

In a swap, I got a sample of gingerbread marshmallow from jojoelle.com. It was super strong and very natural, if that's what you are looking for. I eventually decided to mix it with another frag and the combination was better for me, because alone it was too simple.

Tea For Two has to be.
    DONNA

Un Crime Exotique (by Parfumerie Generale) will be exactly what you are looking for, I think ! ... Loads of delicious gingerbread playing centre stage !

The notes are : Gingerbread, Chinese Osmanthus, Tea, Cinnamon, Star Anise, Mate Absolute, Vanilla, South Sea Island Sandalwood.

Now doesn't that sound just perfect ?! .... It's a gorgeously delicious frag !

(And just by the by ... "Tea for Two" didn't have anywhere near enough ginger for me , just far too much tea + milk with little much else really. ... But do sample it anyway, of course, as you might still think otherwise ???)
    Last edited by Sybarite; 21st July 2009 at 09:22 AM.

thank you so far, keep them coming... I particularly like the description of Parfumerie Generale's Un Crime Exotique and the list of notes in it...mmm interesting
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

To be honest I found Allure Homme to be somewhat gingerbreadish but I'm sure the other recommendations are much more accurate.

Un Crime Exotic by PG and 5 o'clock au Gingembre are the two that come to mind.

Un Crime has alot of cinnamon on top, add that to the gingerbread and you will get the smell of Christmas all the way.

5 o'clock remind me of gingersnaps with tea.

I second Demeter-Ginger Ale. You could lie and tell people it cost hundreds of dollars, if you wish.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source

Un Crime has alot of cinnamon on top, add that to the gingerbread and you will get the smell of Christmas all the way.
    Yep this is correct ... But it's that mix in of cinnamon which gives it that real gingerbread quality. For that is exactly what you add to the ginger to make gingerbread cookies !

The Allure Homme is actually mostly pepper ... (which a hotter ginger will have that slightly peppery quality, hence ... ) although there is not really actual ginger in Allure H.

As for the Demeter Gingerale, it is exactly that ! ... It smells uncannily exactly like gingerale (which is slightly a more gentle ginger) ... though it is totally accurate and realistic to the actual drink !

As for "5 o'clock" ...the "gingersnaps and tea" comment, is exactly spot on !

I recently bought a jar of Pacifica Tibetan Mountain Temple body butter. On me the stuff smells just like gingerbread! Delicious.

Comme des Garcons Soda - a very refreshing ginger based scent.