Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Natural perfume sampling group

I had received natural perfume samples from generous Basenoters - Ajne (Kumquat) and Profumo.it (Aiona) -- many thanks! Given that natural perfumes are hard to source, I had an idea -- what if we do a small sampling 'ring'. This will give an opportunity for a small group (there's enough for 5 people I think) to sample natural perfumes that are otherwise hard to obtain or costly to sample. So we need 4-5 people.

Once we have the people, I can mail the package out to the next person. A few ground rules: you can keep the samples up to 5 days to test. Optional: If you love something, feel free to keep one or two samples, but please replace them with an equal number of samples of 100% natural fragrances -- any house goes. Or just send on the samples as you received them to the next person on the list. The final person will mail the 'reshuffled' samples to me.

Here are the samples I have on hand:

Ajne:
    Désir
    Espoir
    Printemps
    Savoir

Profumo.it:
    African Queen Black Panther
    African Queen Pink Panther
    Castoreum
    Mona Lisa
    Karo Karounde

Red Flower:
    Ambrette

Honoré des Prés
    Bonté’s Bloom

Who would like to join? Please respond to this thread if you are interested!
    Last edited by kess; 26th July 2009 at 02:55 AM.
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

Default Re: Natural perfume sampling group - now forming

I am very interested in joining this. I don't have any fragrances to add (yet.. wish I had one of my own completed/perfected!) but I could add a small amount of a raw material or two if anyone is particularly interested in one.

Thanks for this awesome opportunity.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Please sign me up too.

TIA

I would also like to be included if it doesn't matter that I am in Switzerland. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Alicka61 View Post
    I would also like to be included if it doesn't matter that I am in Switzerland. Thx
    Alicka -- that's no problem, you'll probably be the last 'leg' of the trip, once we are done with the US.

Just need one or two more people to join.
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

I'd be interested in this as well. I have a blend of my own cooking, but if that isn't ready I can always share some samples from a friend who creates some fabulous natural perfumes.

Hi Kess ... Thanx for the excellent idea, and opportunity to share natural scents ... Yes please do add me to the list ... (That is if UK is OK ) ??? ... I may even have one of my very own ready to add to the pile ... finger's crossed ! (But no promises yet !)

Great idea!

Is there any room left? I could add a sample or two from Roxana Illuminated Perfume.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Default Re: Natural perfume sampling group

Thanks to everyone who signed up! Since the US participants are in the Midwest/Central US, we'll just go by the order of people signing up.

BlackCat, sorry, I'll have to put you on the "wait list" of sorts -- since I originally planned on 5 ppl, to be on the safe side; at the end of the round, if there are samples left etc, Sybarite can send to you, and then you to back to me. Hope that's okay!

So itinerary will be:
    US
    1. SculptureOfSoul
    2. Twolf
    3. Outlandish

Switzerland
    4. Alicka61

UK
    5. Sybarite

Waitlist/backup
    US - Blackcat

I'll get the package ready over the weekend, and will mail on Monday.

Once again, thanx Kess ! ... Shall be looking forward to our little shared parcel. ...

Hell, me never being much of a "planner". I don't even remember when last I planned for something so far in advance (LOL)

And Blackcat ... Depending on how the samples reach me. I shall do my utmost to be as "frugal" as I possibly can. So that I may still try pass on to you ! ...
    ~ (I'm a sucker for cats, I am ... They can get just about anything out of me (LOL)

And I am hoping, of course, that there shall be much animated discussion on the frags meanwhile. ... So as to keep us, those lagging behind in the EU, entertained meanwhile ... whilst in an-ti-ci-pa-tion !

No worries! That'll teach me to be slow on the draw.

Seriously, I appreciate the waitlist and Sybarite's kind offer.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Okay, shipped package to SoS today (had to stay home with a sick child yesterday so did not get to the post office).

As I packed Ajne samples I realized they are pretty small to begin with. Ajne stuff is potent so hopefully there will be enough for a sniff for everyone. But apologies in advance, especially to Alicka and Sybarite, if some samples do not reach you.

Anyone know, by any chance, where along the chain we have gotten to with these samples ???

I mean I was obviously expecting them to take a long while to get to me. But now after two whole months I am starting to feel like I will never get to see them ??? ... Has someone along the line just decided to keep them ??? ... Or did they all just "dry up" before they had a chance to get to me ???

Would this be the case ??? ....

Anyone got any info for me please ????

I was supposed to be the second one after SoS and I have neither heard from him, nor did I receive anything in the mail. Do you guys still need my address (it is a P.O.Box now)?

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I am very interested in joining this. I don't have any fragrances to add (yet.. wish I had one of my own completed/perfected!) but I could add a small amount of a raw material or two if anyone is particularly interested in one.

Thanks for this awesome opportunity.

Oi ... SculptureOfSoul ... what ever did happen to these samples ??? ... Did you ever receive them ???

And if so ... Why did you not pass them on as arranged ???

Do please enlighten us on what is going on ???

Should we PM him for details? You or me? Or kess? (she has not been here on BN since Sept.19, judging by her Public Profile).

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Should we PM him for details? You or me? Or kess? (she has not been here on BN since Sept.19, judging by her Public Profile).
    Yes I think we should definitely ask him. ... And perhaps you, being "second in line", "Twolf", maybe you should ask him !? ... Yep, I think you should PM him for details. For he doesn't seem to be responding to this thread ! ...

Do please come report here when you have heard from him please !

But if you don't want to ... I will !

Will do it right now, darling!

Will do it right now, darling!

Cheers, thanx Twolf ! ... It will be interesting to finally get to the bottom of this mystery ??? For I have been wondering about it for months now ! ...

Just for everyone to know: we had a PM exchange with SoS, he was busy with some family issues -- sometimes life happens to all of us, does not it happen to you? -- and this sampling was put on the back burner, of sorts. He said that he will mail the samples out next week, I gave him my address.

Sorry everyone - I did get tied up in a number of things and had put aside the samples and forgot to get back to them.

I am really sorry for holding up the group. In return for that I'm going to include samples of a handful of natural essences - i've got about 160 oils/absolutes here to choose from.

If there's anything in particular you'd like me to send along, just mention it here in the thread or shoot me a PM and I'll include a sample of it if I have the oil or absolute in question.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 2nd October 2009 at 03:40 PM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Sounds like a great group, I think we need more of these!

Castoreum:

Castoreum is not quite what I expected. Castoreum comes from the castor sacs of beavers, which are not true glands and as such it is not a glandular component such as the extract of civet is.I expected something dark and extremely potent, perhaps even fecal (a simple and ignorant assumption due to the location of the castor sacs), and while it is dark it is neither extremely potent nor fecal.

Castoreum starts out with a strange top note, to me reminiscent of gasoline but with more body. It's not that unlike the top notes of labdanum essential oil, and calls to mind also the synthetic geranium one finds in the heart of something like 10 Corso Como or even Terre d'Hermes. The aromatic and slightly harsh qualities quickly fade to reveal a smooth and deep scent that made me think of rubber - not the rubber of tires so much but a harder and denser rubber. The scent of a rubber sanding block, perhaps. There is a hint of something animalic or perhaps even a human like nuance that made me think of black cumin oil, although it didn't smell particularly cumin-ish; it simply had that kind of human odor that cumin so often imparts. The next scent that came to mind is leather - not suede or anything soft, but fresh and raw leather. A well worn saddle, imbued also with the scent of the horse rather than a finely tailored pair of shoes.

The texture of the scent is smooth and neither wet, dry, nor creamy. Simply smooth and full bodied.

Testing on skin it quickly became a skin scent although persisted for a long time. As time went on it became dryer but retained its leathery and dark qualities.

Another random association that came to mind while sniffing was the scent of working on a car.. oil, car grease, etc.

While sniffing I was thinking of how one might replicate this using only essential oils and my initial thoughts are as follows:

Castoreum accord:
    1 part valerian root (green/earthy/dirty/musky, 'dark')
    0.5 parts cepes (mushroom) absolute (earthy, dirt, musk, 'dark')
    2 parts patchouli dark oil (green, earthy, smooth texture, 'dark')
    0.5 parts black cumin cold pressed oil (dirty, human nuances)
    4 parts labdanum essential oil (rough then smooth, leathery, gas/geranium/pine like topnote, 'bright')
    1 part labdanum absolute (smooth, leathery)
    0.05 parts cade oil (dark, smoke, leather)

multiplied out to 1 part minimum =

20 parts valerian
    10 parts cepes
    40 parts patchouli
    10 parts black cumin
    80 parts labdanum
    20 parts labdanum abs
    1 part cade oil
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 16th October 2009 at 06:08 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

SoS--could you cross post this in the Castoreum topic of the Note Pad forum?

Will do. More thoughts on many other scents coming soon!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Thanks SoS

Is it coming my way any time soon? ( "Next week" from October 2. was all over with a week or so ago).

Promises.......................................... .....................................

16 days and counting since the last promise.

16 days and counting since the last promise.

Perhaps we should find out who is still interested in being in this group , or who has perhaps decided to drop out ???

"Twolf" (once you finally get these ) , Do you know who you will be mailing them out to , and if they are still interested in getting them or not ???

Syb., as per kess' schedule outlined in Post # 9, I am sending to Outlandish (OK, USA), and she is sending to Switzerland and then they travel on to you to the UK. You are -- if there is anything left -- sending it back to the US, to Blackcat.

All participants are active members and I have seen each of them online at least once this past weekend.

I'm still here! I have some goodies from a friend in CA who makes natural perfumes I'm hoping to add to the package
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Cool ! ... Nice to know that everyone is still eager and patiently waiting !

I was just making sure nothing had changed, and that the route was still all correctly mapped out. ... I mean the last thing we need is for these to go astray once again for some of other reason !

Another week goes by and I still have not heard anything from SoS if the package has been shipped or not. It makes it over three weeks of waiting, 24 days.

It is sad......
    Last edited by Twolf; 26th October 2009 at 07:37 AM.

No luck yet Twolf ??? ... It is indeed quite sad !!!

I really think we should re-stress the original "rule" that samples are not to be kept by anyone for no longer than ONE week max' ! ... (Which should be more than plenty of time really !)

Hope you get them real soon ! ...

No, no news yet. On the other hand, please cross me out of the list, the urge to try them is gone.

It is not me, but Outlandish who is next.

Thank you.

@ Twolf ... Is "SculptureOfSoul" aware of this by any chance ???

@ ... Oi "Sculpture" ... Please let us know what's going on here ?????. ... For as you can see, people are now starting to drop off the list ! ... Which is really quite unfair !

Also ... do you have the correct addresses ??? ... Or are the actual scents lost in transit, by any chance ???

?????????????

I do not believe he ever checks this thread any more. Yes, I am a dropout of this sampling. There will be more.

Got some news!

SOS's package is here. 10 original scents that kess sent -- all listed in her first post minus Ajne Desir -- plus he included 9 more lab tubes with 20 per cent essences (less than 1 ml each, so i guess I will sniff them only without skin application, to make sure there is enough for everyone).

I will start sniffing tonight, after work and will try to put the package in the mail for Outlandish this next coming Monday (November 8). How does that sound? (O., if your address has changed, please let me know, otherwise I got it).

Left SOS positive feedback, he came through!
    Last edited by Twolf; 5th November 2009 at 08:06 PM.

Ah ! Finally "on track" ... Nice to know Twolf ! ...

I had actually sent "SOS" a PM only just yesterday ... (So "SOS" please just ignore that one. And thanx for the extra "essences". ... I shall be looking forward to them ! ).

Happy sniffing Twolf !

Sorry again everyone. Things were still extremely busy (there was a stretch where I didn't even make it to BN for a few days) and I guess somewhere along the line I just lost the passion for it. I did finally get around to testing all of the scents sent along and took notes and such but without the spark of passion I couldn't translate those notes into anything particularly meaningful.

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH!
    Regarding the essences I included, be wary of testing them on skin, especially the Massoia bark which is IFRA restricted because of its tendency to cause skin irritation! I personally have no problems with it on skin but YMMV. Also, please do NOT test the wormwood (artemisia) on skin or rather, do so at your own risk. It is neurotoxic when ingested and while the results are inconclusive as to its effects when applied topically, I'm not sure it's worth the risk. I have tried it on skin a few times (in far greater dilution) and I absolutely love the way it smells but when smelling it for longer periods at 20% or greater it can lead to a headache, so please be careful with this oil. I included it primarily because it is a very common note in perfumery (I'm assuming synthetically derived although it is effective and quite noticeable when used in a blend at 1% or less! so they might be using real wormwood oil) and I know many people have been curious about it in the past. The cepes (mushroom) absolute and aglaia odorata may or may not be safe on skin, there is really little research that I could find regarding either, so I'd recommend erring on the side of safety and not skin testing them. Of course, it is up to you. Just please be safe.

If you do skin test them a small swipe on the top of the wrist (any hair there will greatly increase longevity!) and especially on the chest is ideal for getting a feel for diffusion and the other ways the oil behaves on skin. They should be quite strong as they are at EDP/Parfum strength, so very little is needed.

I included roughly as much in each vial as I thought it would take to make it through the group (you won't want to slather these on as a full SotD, I promise! ) but if any run out early, let me know and I can send more along. It's the least I can do after holding the group up for so long. Oh, btw, with those larger vials a fair bit of juice gets stuck up around the cap area.. once you remove the cap and let that drain back down it should look like more. Again, let me know if those get low and I'll send along more.

If there are any essences/notes anyone would really like to sniff in isolated form, let me know and I'll send it out to you if I have it (sadly, I'm missing a few key ingredients [vanilla, orris, etc] as I've run out of them and likely won't be re-ordering anytime soon as I've no time for perfumery right now.) I've still got 140 or so ingredients though so.. let me know!

Regarding the Ajne Desir, I have it here (simply misplaced, oops!). It is only about 10-15% full but this is how I received it. Would you like me to send this to you Twolf, along with any additional essences/notes requested? Otherwise I can send it to the next person in the group. I don't want to hold things up and don't want you to have to pay to ship two packages (although if I ship tomorrow it may/should be there by Monday or Tuesday at the latest for you to send along.)

I should add the Desir comes in a small 2ml spray vial but I'd recommend pulling apart the atomizer and dabbing with the spray tube as it's only got maybe 3 sprays left. (I merely dabbed this one myself as it was so low when I received it).

Lemme know!
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 5th November 2009 at 12:25 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

No, no dear, no need to rush and send Desir, I am going to stay busy with what I have got and what you have added on. Great to have your sniff along notes, but I am not sure if I can come up with a lot of chest hair. No, just kidding again and thanks.

My first sniffing is this afternoon, and I am fairly impressed by what I am smelling. Do not make same mistake as I have -- thinking that these would be cat's toys. They are not, not in the least. All of them are serious perfumes, having the right to exist and be sold and, eventually, enjoyed by someone.

Ajne
    Espoir -- I do not personally like the carrier oil in this. It also strikes me more as a masculine or unisex scent. It is green and woody, semi-dry, not sweet at all. It starts with pine needles and ends up with soft mosses with a hint of poisonous berries under them. The whole impression is that the scent is fatty, oily, rich and overall OK. Not my cup of green tea. Longevity is about average -- 3-4 hours, minimal sillage.

Printemps -- is clearly a gardenia scent. Butchered up, not mellow or sweet, even mean. It would be gardenia in quirky Penhaligon's interpretation (green citrus -- anorexic blooms -- dry woods pattern). There is some sense of decay about this fragrance, I think it's woody elements are responsible for it. People who like it dry and woody might enjoy it. I am not one of them. Longevity is about average, there is some throw.

Savoir -- I was about to give up on Ajne as a house and here I am smelling Savoir. This is delightful, delectable and delicious chypre. Old school, as Miss Tao would say "They do not make them like this any more". It is green floral, with rose, tuberose, narcissus, carnation, probably a handful of more florals, it is woody and mossy, it is dirty and leathery. I am enjoying it. Despite "Been there, smelled that" feeling evoking the images of Aramis and Miss Dior happily married and having a happy child Savoir. Very good, might become an entry in the Wishlist. (Might not, though, mind you!). Good throw, above average longevity.

Red Flower
    Ambrette -- for those who did not know -- it is a resin and has nothing to do with amber. It is gone in two hours, did I apply enough? Out of the a tiny bottle with a roller ball, I took the whole contraption out and was applying with a spare brand new dabber. The smell is herbal bordering on medicinal, green and savory. It is not rich or sharp. It probably needs to be paired with a bright citrus on top and some lush florals to accompany. I saw some pyramids where ambrette was used as a grounding element together with woods, vanilla, patchouli and musk and right now it does not strike me as particularly grounding. Are there any documented (press-releases?) instanses where it is used as a heart component? I also think it will smell nice combined with powdery elements like violet, almond, heliotrope.

Honore des Pres (there is a spelling error in BN directory)
    Bonte's Bloom -- is actually very nice (I started with about 0.2 ml in a vial, BTW). From LuckyScent's description, it is an Olivia Giacobetti scent that is supposed to represent rolling in the hay one sunny August morning. There is a green orange note, a grass note, there are some wonderful light transparent florals (in mood, akin those in L'Artisan Papillons) -- more like golden floral dust, and when you think that this would develop the way JC Ellena's scents do -- into light woods and musk -- it does not, Olivia remains true to her own guns. Actually, it is the end of it, there is no development or continuation or drydown whatsoever. More like an etude, a study in particular motion, not the whole completed fragrance. But I like it anyhow.

More to come tomorrow.

For what it's worth the predominant note I smelled in Ambrette was rose absolute. There was a hint of the listed geranium - just enough to add a bit of depth and yang to the rose's yin, but I couldn't outright detect many of the other notes besides the ambrette's gentle powdery presence in the drydown. I thought it to be the most amateurish of the bunch, with neither much depth or much development.

Sadly I think some of the Bonte's bloom leaked but it was only maybe .4ml or so when I had received it. :\
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 6th November 2009 at 01:13 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Agree with you, SOS, about the absence of development and depth in Ambrette. Absolutely right!

Twolf >>> ... Ambrette is not really a resin, as such, but actually derived from the seeds (pods) of the tropical red hibiscus flower. (It is more often known as Ambrette Seed). ... It's supposed to have a very musky scent, and is therefore considered a "vegetal musk" (the oil contains macrocyclic musks) ... And so, is often used by natural perfumers as a substitute for actual real musk, (and as a "fixative"). ...
    (There are a few botanical musks, but apparently Ambrette Seed is supposed to come closest to the actual "real deal").

I have never actually smelled "ambrette seed" in it's pure "essential oil" form yet, so have absolutely no idea exactly how close it actually does, or does not, resemble true musk ??? ... (Though I have picked up some "muskiness" before, in other perfumes where the note is listed. Though I thought it quite a different kind of "muskiness".)

I'm presuming that any "muskiness" in "Red Flower's" perfume, will probably be from the Ambrette Seed. ... (And yes, it is usually mostly used as a base note). ... But I was under the impression that it was used as the main ingredient, and as a heart note, in this particular perfume !?

So ... is "Ambrette" (the perfume) very musky ??? ... Or not particularly musky at all ???
    Last edited by Sybarite; 6th November 2009 at 08:48 PM.

It is balanced, with a little bit of musk thrown in, as if for a good measure. Not very concentrated on musk per se.

Anyhow, I sent my samples on to Outlandish today.

In general, I was very excited to participate in sniffing something new, but I am disappointed. First I had to wait too long, and then most of the scents were something that I would not choose to wear the way they are on a day to day basis, and third we had a short unexpected trip, so my sniffing was sort of speedy. Overall, it was like the University course that you do not particularly like and only take to get a credit. Did I learn something new? I do not know, only time will tell. In my case reluctunt sniffing turned into a hated chore, really!

Here are some impressions about the single note absolutes that SoS included. (I wonder what is their price? As little as 0.3 ml would easily last 6 or 7 people, I am sure!)

Pink Lotus -- darkest brown liquid -- is odd, aquatic fatty lactoid. It smells like a stem of a plant that spent three weeks in a vase, if it makes sense. There were also some tobacco and vanilla undertones to it, and put together they smell kind of medicinal. I think it would perform well (better!) paired with castoreum or patchouli. I wonder what part of an actual plant was used in this?

Lavender -- very dark green -- sweet and thick lavender, also with vanilla and an astringent note, right after the first blast of menthol wears off.

Aglaia Odorata -- bright kelly green, did not dissolve completely, with particles -- does not smell like an absolute, it is a complex smell consisting mostly of geranium and green elements, concentrated and comforting. If diluted, it would, perhaps, represent meadow grass -- lush and with small yellow flowers (yarrow?).

Wormwood Absinthium -- golden yellow -- oily and raw, first goes on sharp but mellows to a camphorous woody note that would perform nicely if paired with luscious tropical florals. There is an uncunny resemblance to green tea in its drydown.

Labdanum -- (I thought I knew!) -- wow! Mentholated and very strong smell of moldy rose stems (with greens, leaves and thorns). Mr.T has a cleaning solution in the garage -- I think it is called Green Jake -- that's it! I did not get anything musky or wild from this.

Cepes (mushroom) -- golden brown -- my favorite of the bunch. (Not having tested Aftelier Cepes et Tuberose, I want to test it now.) It is cheesy, slightly acidic, homey, musky and warm at the same time. Smells Italian. Dries down to a very cozy scent of the liquid here the dry mushrooms were left overnight. Very realistic. Pair it with citrus (grapefruit, lime), rose and vetiver and you have got a hit on your hands, I think.

Spikenard Green -- light golden yellow -- thick medicinal butter, fatty. Reminds me of an ointment on a eucalyptus base. Somehow smells animalistic too -- that (good!) musky note of fresh urine. Goes on sharp, stays sharp all the time of its duration.

Massaia Bark -- does not smell woody, hardly even smells of plants altogether. If I sniffed it blind, I would say -- body odor plus praline. Or, moldy cheese plus dates. I think this note has the biggest and the brightest future of them all -- add it to daffodil (narcissus), carnation and white florals, mix it with tonka and vanilla, try adding some to ambers. Good luck!

Immortelle -- very bright yellow -- this one puzzled me, still is after three wears. It is insency and opulent and totally unnatural: also very complex, like a parfumeur's creation. It starts with a blast of of aldehydes and lemon, develops into the woody-resiny floral with an accent on hiacynth and gardenia with spicy (pepper and cardamom) undertones, and ends up with insence and patchouli. (A Year of a Cat! ) Can be put on the market by itself as a soliflore. (However, it smells sarcastic and cold, like Penhaligon's scents do!) Congratulations!

Twolf, would you post your impressions in the Note Pad forum, one note per thread? Some threads are already started, but quite a few of these are not listed right now.
    Last edited by Asha; 13th November 2009 at 02:38 AM.

I did, m'am! It was boring to copy and paste. I like how the new threads are automatically sorted in alphabetical order.

I saw it--thanks, it is great to see more things listed

I have the goods! Haven't had a chance to check everything out, but I will
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

After sampling Amouage Gold I realized that the heart of Profumo's Mona Lisa (tuberose and civet) smells very similar to the heart of Amouage Gold Man.

While they both smell quite natural, I think the olfactory edge goes to Profumo since it is obviously all natural. Of course, Gold Man has far greater longevity and projection and is also more opulent. That being said, I think that speaks volumes about how excellent a perfumer Abdes Salaam is, creating something just as enjoyable as the great Guy Robert!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Bump - I need an address for the next recipient!

I'll also try to post my impressions ASAP.

As per post #9, you are sending it to Switzerland to Alicka61. Could you please pm her, if you would, and ask for the mailing address?

How come that we have not updated this thread for over a month? Please? When I got that package, I made a point of keeping it no longer than a week or 10 days, since the sniffer before me kept it for such a long time. Sure enough, it was on the road again (got it on November 04th, next sniffer received it on November 17th).

We are a group and cannot be ruining several good group projects going on with our profound and total silence. I understand that there are some Basenoters not particularly interested in the subject matter, but those who had signed up for participation should be following through, I thought. Without naming the names, I am making notes here and should we be having another group project I would be more cautious about sending packages to certain individuals.

Outlandish, please post your impressions of the scents sniffed.

Alicka61, have you received the package yet? According to Outlandish, it has been mailed out in early December.

Thanks for understanding.

No, unfortunately to date nothing. Not even an info from Outlandish on posted package.

To be honest, I've been wondering and fuming about these for such a long time now. And have just been refraining from "commenting" for fear of venting my frustration in an explosion of "rudeness" ! ... Finally I just gave up trying to track them, or worse, even care what anyone else thought about them anymore. (Not that many cared to post their thoughts anyway !)
    I mean, something that should have taken way waaaaaaaaaay less time, is hitting over six months now. (Well for me anyway !) ~ Unacceptable really ! There has been absolutely no thought or regard for the other people waiting down the line !

So frustrating has been the wait, that to be honest, I've meanwhile lost pretty much all enthusiasm and interest in these samples. ... So much so, that I think I would actually much rather they no longer actually pitch up at my door. For I will be just far too disconcerted and uninterested in posting any of my views on the scents now. I unfortunately, just don't care enough to any more !

"The earth laughs in flowers" - (E.E.Cummings)

------------------------------------------

S., I am glad you posted this reply. I had same feelings back in posts ## 35 and 37. WTF? *very upset*

In fact, Outlandish hasn't been online since Dec 21, maybe something happened to her or she simply doesn't intend to forward the samples. Mystery, I am also very upset and lost the interest in this project. It's a pity, I had been looking forward to it so much...

Hopefully, Outlandish just got too busy with her website sales http://smelloutlandish.com/ during the holidays and with post-holiday sales to visit basenotes and pass the package along.
    "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." -Benjamin Franklin

Do we have any news in this Project?