Code of Conduct

Default What Are the Best (Subjective, I Know) Frag from Parfumerie Generale?

I own L'Ombre Fauve and Cedre Sandaraque. I love them both; this seems like a high-quality perfumer. I particularly like LOF; it's my SOTE and I'm blown away by its richness and depth.

So what are other choice selections?

My preference is for heavier, richer and long-lasting juices. I don't necessarily care about "sillage," but do like frags that last a long time.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Butthead53; 22nd July 2009 at 02:03 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: What Are the Best (Subjective, I Know) Frag from Parfumerie Generale?

My top three are Bois Blond, Cuir Venenum and Musc Maori. Pretty much everything, except a couple, from this house is heavy and rich.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Default Re: What Are the Best (Subjective, I Know) Frag from Parfumerie Generale?

So far, my favorite is Aomassai. It's definitely rich & long-lasting on me! It's more of a gourmand scent, and I wear it mostly in fall/winter.

My favorite is Bois Blond, but I also quite enjoy Cuir D'Iris.

I couldn't find anything I liked from the house. I tried almost all of them locally at a shop and thought they were awful.

I'm a big fan of L'Ombre Fauve, Cedre Sandaraque, and L'eau Guerriere

I'm still working my way through the line, but it's certainly a group to be reckoned with. I have full plans to one day buy Crime Exotique and Cadjmere, but currently I only own 02, Cozé. It's a really fabulous line, I think.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I've tried

Coze, Cadjmere & Bois Blond

After trying these, I immediately wanted decants of all 3. That's 3 out of 3....doesn't happen very often....I look forward to trying others too...

L'Ombre Fauve, Cadjmere, Bois de Copaiba, Louanges, Intrigant Patchouli, Querelle and Coze for me, in no particular order.

EDIT : Had forgotten to include Querelle.
    Last edited by Amit; 22nd July 2009 at 06:23 AM. Reason: forgot to include...

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Off-Scenter

I'm partial to Intrigant Patchouli, Aomassai, Jardin de Kerylos, and Felanilla.

My favorite of the line, and one of my favorite scents period is Cadjmere, so darn beautiful. Another that I love, that no one ever mentions is Yuzu Ab Irato. I like, but don't love Aomassi and Cedre Sandaraque, but those could grow on me.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 22nd July 2009 at 01:25 PM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    I'm still working my way through the line, but it's certainly a group to be reckoned with. I have full plans to one day buy Crime Exotique and Cadjmere, but currently I only own 02, Cozé. It's a really fabulous line, I think.
    JR, I'm interested in trying Un Crime Exotique, but I have heard it described as being very cinnimon heavy. Do you get a lot of cinnimon, because I don't really think it's a note that I want to smell overwhelmingly of.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 22nd July 2009 at 01:24 PM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Lombre Fuave (own), Querelle (own) & Corps et Ames from the few that i have tested. im sure there are a lot more that is bottle worthy from this line.

You could probably tell that I'm a real fan of PG from my avatar and wardrobe icon!

My current favorites are Felanilla (iris-saffron-vanilla over woods), L'ombre Fauve (animalic amber oriental that "wraps around you like cat's fur"), Cuir d'Iris (smooth and refined leather and iris), and Aomassai (roasted nuts gourmand over a base of wenge and vanilla... but wish it lasted a bit longer). So far, I've tried all of Pierre's regular, private collection, and limited releases except Tubereuse Couture and Louanges Profanes. Currently, I have 9 full bottles and 3 decants -- and the ones at the top of my wishlist are Bois de Copaiba, Intrigant Patchouli, and Cuir Venenum. I wouldn't recommend Cuir Venenum though, as it's really an acquired taste IMO... like a leathery cross between grape gum/slush and spilled warm beer
    Last edited by moltening; 22nd July 2009 at 04:32 PM.

Of the handful I've tested, I'd say Querelle. It has been on my "possible purchase" list for a couple of years, but it keeps getting beaten out by other fragrances. It is excellent, though, and I'd still love to get a bottle of it at some point.

Aomassai is one of the best gourmand scents I have ever owned. Querelle is an edgy, dry, spicy vetiver and the only one in the line I currently own.