Code of Conduct

Default Czech & (un)Speak(able)

Many of us have enjoyed Czech and Speak's generous distribution of its fragrance samples. I almost fell off my chair when I opened their package some months ago and found such largesse. But today I paid the price. I got an advert from them in my email. (I could hardly refuse them the opportunity given their generosity.) It concerned their original business: high-end plumbing fixtures. This particular ad was for an Edwardian lavatory, complete with C&S's famous hygienic handles.

Not the first thing that comes to mind when I think of fragrance.

Default Re: Czech & (un)Speak(able)

Yeah, got that one too.

But C&S's roots are in lavatories and other utils in the bathroom.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

I got that too...and I didn't even get the samples they promissed! I requested them twice, and even emailed them.

Apparently they forsaw what I was going to write about them. But fear not C&S, samples can be obtained from various sources.

Last night I put on No. 88 before gathering with friends. I drank so much I had to vomit into my ordinary toilet. This morning I received that mail concerning their "lavatory" from Czech&Speake... Funny, to me.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Efficient marketing, i would say. Those free samples were not really "free" after all. Got the email and actually admired C&S for utilising their (now) extended reach.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Thumbs up Re: Czech & (un)Speak(able)

Quote Originally Posted by DesGrieux View Post
    Last night I put on No. 88 before gathering with friends. I drank so much I had to vomit into my ordinary toilet. This morning I received that mail concerning their "lavatory" from Czech&Speake... Funny, to me.
    Too ironic! :toppie:
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Hitting the delete button every once in awhile doesn't seem to be a very high price to pay. I received the email as well and didn't think twice about it.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I requested samples from them and was told that they were having shortages. Apparently I was going to receive some once they got some-more in. That was over 3 months ago. I don't think that a highly regarded house like that would take so long to get a new batch of samples in. I deleted that email about lavatories without looking at it!
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Meh...

This is why I have an e-mail address totally devoted to spam...

Come on folks, getting one email in what, three months, is really a small price to pay. Some other online stores send me email once every three days, and it's all about stuff that should be in the lavatory, Edwardian or not. This didn't spoil my good feeling about their sample program.

Besides, a solid mahogany lavatory seat...hmm...

Cool Re: Czech & (un)Speak(able)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    Hitting the delete button every once in awhile doesn't seem to be a very high price to pay. I received the email as well and didn't think twice about it.
    True. In between death threats, lawsuits from credit card companies, assorted bill collectors, sappy " pass this message on to 10 people and you'll hit the lotto, if not you'll get leprosy " chain letters, plus how to get out of paying my mortgage ( I think I need to own a house first ) even if I'm about to be foreclosed; increasing penis size and making zillions in commodity futures I CLEARLY REMEMBER HITTING DELETE, when I got that e-mail from C&S.
    A small price to pay for free samples, though one does wonder at their marketing dept. From frags to lavatory fixtures?
    Curioser and curioser.

I wonder the kind of e-mails anyone who buys Volupsa candles would get?

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    I got that too...and I didn't even get the samples they promissed! I requested them twice, and even emailed them.

Apparently they forsaw what I was going to write about them. But fear not C&S, samples can be obtained from various sources.
    I have the same problem
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

I was wondering if anybody was going to comment on this!! Did anybody look to see how much the seat and toilet roll holder were selling for? Solid mahogany toilet seats.. I'm guessing 150-250 GBP?

Blog Entries

I really liked the fancy toilet seat...

But gave up when they didn't put the price on the e-mail. And, while I'm a pretty unrepentant consumerist and label-whore, even I'd be embarrassed having a fancy toilet seat flown in from the UK.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    Solid mahogany toilet seats.. I'm guessing 150-250 GBP?
    High-end shit.

Blog Entries

I'm happy to hear about their plumbing fixtures. Maybe the toilets they sell are not the dreaded low flow beasts now mandated by law here. I'll have to ask them. As said before, email adverts are a small price to pay for the 'Christmas in April' I enjoyed when their samples arrived.

I was wondering if anybody was going to comment on this!! Did anybody look to see how much the seat and toilet roll holder were selling for? Solid mahogany toilet seats.. I'm guessing 150-250 GBP?
    Toilet seat:
    Chrome version £525.00.
    Platinum or Durabrass £700.00.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 23rd July 2009 at 12:17 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

C'mon, people!
    At those prices, you can't afford NOT to get a couple of new toilet seats!

Quote Originally Posted by DesGrieux View Post
    Funny!
    I haven't been drinking so much the last ten years that I had to puke, but No. 88 for sure has pushed me in that direction more than once.
    This fragrance and alcohol can make a man berserk ....
    dr.creed's decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Ah yes. Quite a few years back I asked for some samples from Czech & Speake. They arrived with a catalogue. Had to say I was a little surprised to have to wade through about 20+ pages of bathroom and plumping fixtures. They did start out as a victorian highend bathroom company. I am really surprisded Clive Christian does not send out catalogues of his kitchens with his little peel back samples.
    DONNA

My oh my.. at that price I might save the pennies and just go for the 24k gold plated

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    Toilet seat:
    Chrome version £525.00.
    Platinum or Durabrass £700.00.

I'm shocked Clive Christian sends out samples period. The last time I saw a Clive Christian catalog was at an upper scale kitchen store. They were *selling* them!

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Ah yes. Quite a few years back I asked for some samples from Czech & Speake. They arrived with a catalogue. Had to say I was a little surprised to have to wade through about 20+ pages of bathroom and plumping fixtures. They did start out as a victorian highend bathroom company. I am really surprisded Clive Christian does not send out catalogues of his kitchens with his little peel back samples.

The company was originally a lavatory fixture company (I believe). The smellies were just a fortunate spinoff.
    Last edited by jrd4t; 23rd July 2009 at 07:08 PM.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I received the same email, plus a new one today apologizing for the delay in sending my samples. Apparently they have been overloaded with sample requests from consumers as well as retailers.

I think that buys you a single guest towel at C&S It's 525 with chrome and 700 with platinum or durabrass.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

And I thought Restoration Hardware had outrageous prices! I'll stick with Kohler.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    I think that buys you a single guest towel at C&S It's 525 with chrome and 700 with platinum or durabrass.