Code of Conduct

Default Michael For Men by Michael Kors - Does anyone still wear this?

I remember smelling this in high school, thought it was quite nice but didn't think I was pimp enough to pull it off.

Is there anymore love for this?

Bergamot, Elemi, Cardamom, Tarragon, Star Anise, Thyme, Coriander
    Pipe Tobacco, Suede, Incence
    Patchouli, Dark Plum, Sandalwood, Dried Fruits
    Last edited by nsamadi; 23rd July 2009 at 10:39 PM.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Michael For Men by Michael Kors - Does anyone still wear this?

Yep. I wear it and love it - more during cooler weather though.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I own it because I got it cheap, but was never a big fan of it. However, it was very popular here at Basenotes when it first came out.

Oddly enough, it was only sold in a few stores down here in Australia at the time, but recently it's had a big push in all the major department stores.
    Renato

It's still a favorite of mine.

But when I see:

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    I remember smelling this in high school,
    It makes me apprehensive!
    High schoolers have a tendency to KILL fragrances.

Michael Kors watches - Yes
    Michael Kors sunglasses and eyewear - Yes

Michael For Men by Michael Kors - i have never seen this before in Malaysia. I have been wanting to test this quite badly.

How does it compare to D&G PH, Bogart Pour Homme and D&G The One For Men ?

my review of Michael speaks for itself... hell yes!!! I do have to admit that it hasn't gotten much play over the summer do its nuclear fallout sillage (very heavy and strong, albeit amazingly beautiful). It was one of the first bottles I bought after joining basenotes, and one that I would never consider swapping/selling. I have made numerous decants for all of my trading friends, and am always willing to make more if you would like one
    At your service

I love it and often layer with D&G The One. The smokey scotch/cognac notes in Michael are really enhanced by the creme brulee qualities in The One. Very complementary, but quite different frags.

This is such a classic on a cool dry crisp New England autumn day!

That bergamot opening leads straight into a lovely dose of patchouli and cured tobacco leaf.
    The fragrance itself transports me to chilly autumn days, smoking a bowl! Ha! For some reason this fragrance also reminds me of my bud-smoking days.

I think I'll make it my scent of the morning! Sort of an olfactory "wake 'n bake" -if you will...
    Last edited by Manuel; 23rd July 2009 at 02:04 PM.

I wore Michael for Men back when it was first introduced. At the time, it was the richest most complex oriental in my wardrobe. I finished a 50 ml bottle years ago and recently replaced it. I bought a bottle last winter and have been rediscovering it since. The dense plum/tobacco presence is something I can only wear in cooler weather. My bottle of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille was somewhat neglected after I added Michael back into fall/winter rotation. You don't have to be a 'pimp' to pull it off but you do need a tolerance for heavy, multilayered oriental fragrances. I think it's one of the best masculine scents introduced in the past 20 years.

Nice, I was thinking about revisiting it but it's rarely mentioned these days on the board. Nice to see it still gets some love.

It may not be mentioned much because it's just plain excellent. Not much to say. If you know what the notes are and you like them, you buy it.

I discovered Michael this year and wear it every now and then. I enjoy it.

I recently got a sample of this, and I'm loving it. I was tempted into getting the sample after reading some of the reviews (looks at decillisjl), and was glad that I did. It is very strong, and very sweet upon application, but the mix of patchuli, star anise, and the smokey note make this one truly lovely.

The weather is a little colder her at the moment, so that probably helps.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

It is THE tobacco-store-smelling fragrance. Powerful, great sillage, wonderful notes throughout. I don't wear it often but always enjoy it when I do.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

So weird this was posted. I JUST smelled this for the first time tonight and just finished making a post. I really really like it.

The first time I sampled it, I thought it was somewhat extreme in a way I wasn't used to. Very dry. Then it became a favorite, but unfortunately what was initially so strange to me became familiar and it never smelled the same to my nose again. I still wear it from time to time, but it will never regain the wow factor from when it was new to my nose. I highly recommend it. It's perhaps one of the best all-time fragances for autumn.

I own it and like it a lot! Like Mr. Joe, I prefer wearing it in cooler weather........

Unlike Mr. Joe, my cooler weather is much more frigid than his.

But, yeah...I dig this one. I remember smelling it when it came out and being relieved that not ALL designer scents were going the AdG/CKone route!

Last edited by Richie_B; 24th July 2009 at 08:09 AM.

I will have to wear Michael for Men and reevaluate it sometime soon. Mentally, I have it pegged in the same light leather category as Daim Blond and Cuiron.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Sadly it is sitting on the bottom of my refrigerator to keep it from going bad. I've probably worn it twice over the last 4 years. I can't seem to handle the very heavy patchouli notes on the drydown, though I love its smell when I first spray it on.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

It's the kind of frag you don't want to wear every day. If you wear it once a week or month (in my case), the "magic" is always there.

I did like this but could not wear it due to longevity issue on my skin.

I recently discovered Thallus Black and it just like Michael but deeper and very very longer lasting.

I enjoying it on my wrist right now! it is one of those I can not pull it off wearing to work. I love the vivid tobacco-leather notes, very comforting. The opening is quite powerful compare to the drydown.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I recently discovered Thallus Black and it just like Michael but deeper and very very longer lasting.
    I smelled that once...it was from one of those cart kiosks at my shopping mall. Of course I didn't think it smelled like Michael since I don't wear it often enough, but it did smell quite pleasant--deep, sweet and woody. How is the drydown? If I'm not mistaken, it's made from a generic perfumer, right?

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I bought this blind without regret. I compare its complexity to Lagerfeld's KL Homme, which is THE most complex fragrance in my wardrobe. IMHO it gives Havana a run for its money when it comes to tobacco being done well in a fragrance. I don't wear it often as it is such a satisfying fragrance...

I discovered Michael for Men earlier this year, and this thick, rich, boozy elixir has become one of my top favourites. This heavenly fragrance has everything i look for in a fragrance. It`s very very classy, and has a refine timeless feel. Sweet, boozy tobacco with plum and dried fruits. Mmmm...
    -I wonder if there is something similar out there? I think this is very unique.

I've had a sample of it but for some god-forsaken reason haven't given it a full wearing. It sounds just like the kind of thing I'd love. Also.. it's at Kohl's and I have a $20 gift card there. Things are looking good!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Still wear it and just wore it on Aug 21. That was, perhaps, the 4th time wearing it and I got a very good longevity, which was surprising.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I am hungering for my Michael and I expect great things!

I love this one! Glad to see there's love for it in here.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I've had a sample of it but for some god-forsaken reason haven't given it a full wearing. It sounds just like the kind of thing I'd love. Also.. it's at Kohl's and I have a $20 gift card there. Things are looking good!
    It smells much more expensive that it actualy is.. I hope they will not discontinud it. Great stuff!

I dunno, I somehow always smelt urine in its intro but never really hated that. The dramatic transition into a leather base is what makes it unique. That shift is kinda strange. The first phase is somewhat generic and so is the second, but that transition is cool.
    No an earth-shattering scent, but rather a lovely one. I used to layer it with Oud oil back in the day, so that no-one would recognize it--a trick that's quite hip here in the Gulf.

I wanted to like this one...I really did. Some really great notes in there and well constructed. It's just that it came off too syrupy on me and I just couldn't enjoy it. I didn't mind the sweetness, it's just I wish it wasn't as syrupy. Great bottle, great notes, just wish I enjoyed it more.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

The opening + midphase is too extreme in this frag. The drydown, however, is very pleasant.
    Applied lightly, I could see myself wearing it in 10+ years (27 now).

For now, I prefer Burberry's London to clench my desire for boozy notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Celsius32 View Post
    The opening + midphase is too extreme in this frag. The drydown, however, is very pleasant.
    Applied lightly, I could see myself wearing it in 10+ years (27 now).

For now, I prefer Burberry's London to clench my desire for boozy notes.
    IMO Burberry London doesn`t reach Michel to the ankles.. -But I am 36, so that explanes it.. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Yep. I wear it and love it - more during cooler weather though.
    Yes... and hell yes!
    "Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each!" - Henry David Thoreau

Classy, sexy, masculine stuff. One of my favourites. Somone know how many stars this got in "the bibel"? (Turin)

Yeah, I have a set of samples and it gets some wears in cold weather. Not a huge fan, but it's decent enough.