Code of Conduct

Default eBay question -- and now one about dabbing vs spraying and Keiko M in general

Someone's selling Keiko Mecheris (Jasmine, Mogador, Bois de Santal, etc) on eBay for about US$35-$45. It seems like a page from If It Looks Too Good To Be True, It Is especially since he has such few transactions, but the feedback's all positive and this is purportedly a clearance. Is it because it's old packaging? Have any Basenoters bought from this guy?
    Last edited by Aznavour; 28th July 2009 at 12:41 AM.

Default Re: eBay question

I've seen older packaging at the Posh Peasant on clearance for maybe $50 (?) I don't remember, but it was a steep discount (they don't carry the line any more). So, no, it would not be out of the ordinary to encounter this kind of price on KM. I don't think someone would bother faking these scents -- they are not widely known (outside of BN of course!) and their appeal is limited.

I would request that they post a picture of the actual bottle/packaging; I don't like stock photos like these -- you don't know what you'd be getting. That would be my concern.

You can also ask them what the source of the bottles are.
    Last edited by kess; 24th July 2009 at 10:18 PM.
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

Oh yeah, I remember that sale! I missed out on it to my dismay. Thanks for the reminder, it makes me feel a little better because I, ahem, took the risk and bought one anyway. Not the best eBayer (communication is... not so good) but in the end I bargained it down to $33. If it's bad product then it's not much to lose, but if it's for real then it'll be just about the best perfume deal I've done so far.

Okay, just got this in the mail and here's the situation: it's in the old packaging and everything looks right (as far as I know, which isn't much). Did KM change its fragrances when they changed the packaging? Because I sprayed this on and while the label on the bottom of the bottle says 'Jasmine' I swear it smells more like... osmanthus or some other white floral. It doesn't smell like my sample of KM Jasmine at all. Does dabbing/spraying really make much of a difference?

Edited to add: I just dabbed both on paper to test and they're similar, but there's a shot of what I can only describe as an almond-y sweetness in my sample that's missing from the spray. Is it the age of the juice (I mean how old can these be, though)? Heat? Am I just goin nuts?
    Last edited by Aznavour; 28th July 2009 at 12:45 AM.