Code of Conduct

Default Difference between Allure and Allure Sport?

I just got a sampler of Allure Sport along with a couple of other scents (minotaure - meh, joop! - dreadful , bvlgari aqva - undecided, very irresistible - undecided) and I decided that I actually really like it.

Is the regular Allure less fresh? What is the difference between the two? Which would you pick? Is this scent at all comparable to Antaeus and if so, how? (I'm planning on checking it out, considering I really like Chanel fragrances it seems)

Now that I made this post, in addition, what can you recommend I test considering I've enjoyed the following:

A*Men
    L'Eau D'Issey
    Bvlgari Aqva
    Very Irresistible (though it smells way too synthetic)
    AdG

I'm beginning to have high hopes for Antaeus. Ideally I'd like something very youthful but very masculine. Being a gourmand is a plus.
    Last edited by Vladdypwnz; 24th July 2009 at 09:44 PM.

Default Re: Difference between Allure and Allure Sport?

Well to me, my first impression would be to say, yes it's more fresh, however I think it's maybe the fragrance they wanted to create in the first place. It has a higher citrus content (it was also made into a Sport Cologne too) and it is way more potent in both sillage and longevity than the original. I would say though that all 3 Allures share the same basenotes.

Sport is a monster. You should run the original and the sport head to head, you'll see what I mean.
    Last edited by Andyjreid; 24th July 2009 at 09:47 PM.
    The Large Print Giveth And The Small Print Taketh Away

Yes it's fresher. More orange. More youthful. Very masculine. More versatile. Works in all seasons as opposed to just the cold weather from original Allure. Allure Sport is my favorite cologne of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladdypwnz View Post
    I'm beginning to have high hopes for Antaeus. Ideally I'd like something very youthful but very masculine. Being a gourmand is a plus.
    Antaeus is incredible but it is neither youthful or gourmand. You do need to give it a try though.

I am pretty sure they are trying to say that Allure Sport is more fresh than Allure. Unless I am just missing something, i think they thought you had already tried Allure and were asking how the Sport version compared, as opposed to the other way around. If I am wrong, my humblest apologies for putting words in your mouths.

Regular Allure is sweet and woodsy, while Allure Sport is fresh and citrusy (to my nose).
    Last edited by Big_Scooter; 24th July 2009 at 11:15 PM.

Yes, IMO Allure Sport is much more citrusy and thus fresher

Quote Originally Posted by Vladdypwnz View Post
    I just got a sampler of Allure Sport along with a couple of other scents (minotaure - meh, joop! - dreadful , bvlgari aqva - undecided, very irresistible - undecided) and I decided that I actually really like it.

Is the regular Allure less fresh? What is the difference between the two? Which would you pick? Is this scent at all comparable to Antaeus and if so, how? (I'm planning on checking it out, considering I really like Chanel fragrances it seems)

Now that I made this post, in addition, what can you recommend I test considering I've enjoyed the following:

A*Men
    L'Eau D'Issey
    Bvlgari Aqva
    Very Irresistible (though it smells way too synthetic)
    AdG

Here's my experience:

Allure or Allure Homme Sport have nothing in common with Antaeus.

Antaeus, at least on me is a herbal, slightly frankincensy, honey-based frag. Like Yatagan, it's utter masculinity on me and like putting on a second skin.

Allure is more or less an oriental, sweet some vanilla some orange. Take a little of the orange notes and a touch of the vanilla away (it still comes out in the base), and add aquatics and you've got Allure Homme Sport. I see that others think it has more orange but I think it has less, maybe my nose can't pick it up like it used to.

My wife absolutely loves Allure Homme Sport on me, its one of her ga-ga frags. I think if you like aquatics you'll like Allure Homme Sport, it has some depth to it compared to AdG or Bulgari Aqva (both of which I like as well).

You might consider trying Aramis. If you take away the gourmand notes and bring up the patchouli a touch you can see the resemblance to A*Men. I don't think I've ever seen a comparison on the board between the two but to me it is there.

If you're really hunkering for a gourmand (but don't want a gourmand) try Body Kouros.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Allure sport is a like a orange creamsicle.....awesome scent!
    I would try Jean Paul Gautier Le Male if you like youthful gourmands or Lolita Limpka for men!

Quote Originally Posted by chipper View Post
    Allure sport is a like a orange creamsicle.....awesome scent!
    I would try Jean Paul Gautier Le Male if you like youthful gourmands or Lolita Limpka for men!
    I'll consider trying Le Male, though truth be told I absolutely hated Lolita Lempicka - I found it nausea inducing. Le Male is really common though is it not?

I'll be definitely looking into Antaeus.

If you like gourmands try Body Kouros from YSL. If you like AdG allure sport is kinda similar because it's pretty lemony.