Code of Conduct

Default Diminished sillage and longevity of perfumes on athlete's skin

Talking with my wrestling buddies about fragrances, we all came to the conclusion that perfumes don't last much on our skins. I even mention so-known powerbombs, all of them told me that I never stink when wearing fragrances - a surprise for me, to tell you the truth.

It is well known that athletes' metabolism is not the same as that of sedentary people. So, I wonder if skin chemistry changes due to excessive perspiration (caused by high-performance ttraining), this making athlete's skin non fragrance-friendly.

Anyone know if this could or be true?

Dependent

Default Re: Diminished sillage and longevity of perfumes on athlete's skin

This is really interesting. I'm very active in football(soccer) and perspire a lot due to weather as well. I've noticed how significantly longer a scent lasts on my clothes than on skin. With almost all my frags, the scent develops, dries down and diminishes much much faster on my skin, even after I moisturise using unscented lotion. I've noticed that most scents last at least 3 hours more on my clothes than on skin. I would have no qualms using it on my clothes but then I don't get certain developments of the scent that I get when I use it on skin. for example I was using Montana (red box) recently on both skin and clothes, and noticed how on my skin the spiciness fades really fast leaving a slightly floral settlement(within half an hour), while sniffing my tee shirt, i noticed that even after 2-3 hours the spiciness is still VERY prominent and doesn't settle into the floral linger that i enjoyed on my skin. Its a little frustrating coz on skin i love the development of the scent, but it vanishes way to fast, but on clothing, it lasts long enough, but doesn't give me the nice dry down I desire. Its definitely my skin chemistry, but I too will like to be educated deeper about athletic effects on skin chem.
    Last edited by MFJ; 24th July 2009 at 10:12 PM.

The harder I play, the more I sweat. The more I sweat, the more cologne fades. Makes sense.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by genvy5 View Post
    The harder I play, the more I sweat. The more I sweat, the more cologne fades. Makes sense.
    I believe we are speaking of times when we are not doing sports but wearing scents. I do not wear any scents while doing sports, only in the air conditioned gym. Sorry for any confusion
    Pollux, am I getting you right?
    Last edited by MFJ; 24th July 2009 at 10:20 PM.

Oh I see. I always wear colognes including during sports, but I don't notice any difference from me and my buddies. I get great longevity out of the colognes I'm supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    I believe we are speaking of times when we are not doing sports but wearing scents. I do not wear any scents while doing sports, only in the air conditioned gym. Sorry for any confusion
    Pollux, am I getting you right?
    Yessir!

Once, I used EdT while training only to get complaints from my buddies: since then on, I never use anything while training.