Code of Conduct

Default Lauder Brasil Dream for Men

Estee Lauder presents a new fragrance, Brasil Dream for Him as a fragrant companion to feminine version, Brasil Dream for Her from 2008. The new perfume for men arrives in shops in August 2009.

Fragrance Brasil Dream for Him was inspired by pulsing rhythm of Brasil and it was created of clear spicy notes enhanced by woody accords. Top notes incorporate cardamom, coriander and white pepper, while a heart is composed of neroli, nutmeg, cinnamon and oregano from Cuba. A base encompasses patchouli, labdanum, jalapeno pepper, pimento and leather accords. Brasil Dream for Him will be available as 50ml cologne spray. (moodiereport)

Default Re: Lauder Brasil Dream for Men

Has anyone found this cologne in the US?

I'd like to try it but I can't find it anywhere.

Sorry to bump an old thread.

I read the name of this fragrance as "Basil dream" for the longest time and kept wondering what the **** they were smoking when they named this... Oh well.

Actually I think it is an airport exclusive. I tried it yesterday at the Amsterdam airport. It actually has a very nice (to my nose) 80's manly feel. Quite not what i expected from the name.

Hmm.. wonder if state-side duty free might have this... probably not in Tampa, but I travel often enough to start taking a peek in Atlanta next time I'm through there.

I picked this up at HK Duty Free on the way out to Saigon on Monday. 50 ml 'Travel Exclusive'. Oakmoss listed and it does feel like the real deal as cpk mentions. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it and after giving it half an hour grabbed one before boarding. Not earth shattering but look forward to giving it a few more wears - enjoyed it in Vietnam heat but not sure about winter back here. Worth trying - feels like a good one for summer.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 31st December 2009 at 06:23 PM.

I tried Brasil Dream today in a local shop and was surprised.
    It reminded me strongly of Rochas Lui as well as other classic woody citrus scents from the 70s and 80s (of the type often ridiculously referred to by newbies here, as "old men smell").
    It's still hanging around on my arm after 8 hours, so longevity isn't an issue.
    Renato

I'd usually be turned off by any scent with the word "Dream" in it (sounds cheezy), but this sounds like a great scent. Knowing Lauder's history for quality, I'd love to sample this.

Lauder's own version of Havana?

I've been holding out for this one to show at Marshalls, actually. I've seen a bottle or two of the femme version hit there. It'll be about six more months if they hit Marshalls at the same time in their life span.
    I refuse to sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    I've been holding out for this one to show at Marshalls, actually...
    Don't bet on it. I have seen the femme version up here @ our version of Marshalls. It could be for a variety of reasons, but just because the femme version is at Marshalls doesn't mean the male counterpart will show up.

I'd seek out maybe a bottle on eBay if you want to get it. I'm pretty tempted too. Seems a heck of alot better than the typical modern Lauder release.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I purchased this fragrance today. It's pleasing that a modern fragrance named for Brasil is not an aquatic or a fresh scent. (No hate from me for aquatic and fresh. It's just that I own enough of those already.) I suppose I expected the name Brasil Dream to be reminiscent of the beaches of Rio. And I suppose it is, but not of the water itself but more like an exotic beverage at some midnight seashore party, lit by campfires. This fragrance is what Claiborne's rummy Spark should have been.

I've read a list of the notes on another site, (as well as above by the OP), but the overall impression I have is: cinnamon, rum, amber and woods. (Though I realize the official list is not inclusive of all the components I mentioned.) I've been wearing it for about 6 hours, and it is still going strong--and is producing moderate sillage.

I noticed that until it dried on my forearm, the juice has an oily look. Also, the box clearly states that the formula contains "evernia prunastri (oakmoss)." This was a surprise. Another surprise is that this juice is one of those colognes that can produce the strength of an eau de toilette.

2 thumbs up from Bossa.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Don't bet on it. I have seen the femme version up here @ our version of Marshalls. It could be for a variety of reasons, but just because the femme version is at Marshalls doesn't mean the male counterpart will show up.

I'd seek out maybe a bottle on eBay if you want to get it. I'm pretty tempted too. Seems a heck of alot better than the typical modern Lauder release.
    This is pretty funny because the guy under you just bought a bottle at Marshalls for 19.99 today!
    Last edited by Royal; 12th March 2010 at 12:09 AM.
    I refuse to sink.

Has anyone else tried this?

Basenotes Plus

I have and I like it. Not a top ten or twenty but worth the price if you can get it for less than $30 U.S.

"Lemme show you the smell of my people!"

I should try it soon, maybe a blind buy!

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    "Lemme show you the smell of my people!"
    LOL!!

I've been interested in it but haven't sampled it due to the disappointment that Beyond Paradise for Men was. I like the note pyramid and it sounds like it would be great, but I liked the pyramid of BP and it sounded like it would be great. BP smells to me like Claiborne's Mambo (or vise-versa).

I still don't know what I think of Lauder over all. However, the classic Lauder for Men is high on my list.

Regards,

...NDN-01!!!

I've got this and it's gonna be my SOTD. It is excellent stuff. I'm no good at describing frags, but to me it's what a summer version of Michael Kors would smell like. Nothing aquatic in there, but a good deal of sweetness. A boozy note, nothing like as heavy as say, Escada, what smells to me like sweet tobacco and some woods. I've received compliments on it.
    It seems to be EBay only at the moment, but it's certainly worth buying. (IMHO, YMMV)

Not a Havanna and not a Beyond Paradise. And no calone or acquatic notes in sight.

It does have a bit of retro 70s-80s woody/herbal feel underpinned by oakmoss - quite a surprise given the name and the look of the label. Old guys will smile and young guys may find it a nice change

I don't trust the new designer releases at all, so unless I can sample I definitely won't blind buy them any more. Even with Michael for Men, it just doesn't seem to have the ingredient quality that I seek (though the drydown isn't too "synthetic").

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I don't trust the new designer releases at all, so unless I can sample I definitely won't blind buy them any more. Even with Michael for Men, it just doesn't seem to have the ingredient quality that I seek (though the drydown isn't too "synthetic").
    This one I would suggest as a blind buy.

Sur la Plage

I was really surprised by this one - it's not what I was expecting at all. I love the spices and incense in it. Good stuff!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

The lasting power is good?

Yeah, really good stuff! Like a hybrid of Michael Kors (Boozy), Aramis Havana (Spicy) & Gucci Homme I (Woody). It doesn't appear particularly powerful when first applied but longevity is excellent and, although it wears close to the skin, I always keep getting a hit of it all day long when wearing it. It really comes to life on warmer days. Ignore the dodgy name & packaging - this is a good quality fragrance with a nod to the old school!

I thought it smelled kind of like somewhat toned down Fendi Uomo - lots of cedar, incense and spicy notes. I liked it, and would like to get a bottle some day.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    The lasting power is good?
    I have no problems with it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    I thought it smelled kind of like somewhat toned down Fendi Uomo - lots of cedar, incense and spicy notes. I liked it, and would like to get a bottle some day.
    There's definitely a similarity to Fendi Uomo - I get that too. They share a number of basenotes: leather, patchouli & cinnamon.

I should have snagged a bottle when I had the chance. Hopefully I will see it around again for sale.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I'll have to give it another try when I'm at Duty Free next week.

yes it is good.I dont usually tell people this but do well to get a bottle when u can as this is good.for the third time in a row am wearing this and that says a lot about a fragrance for me

I have to update this thread as I finally got a chance to wear this Brasil Dream for Men.

I have to say, I'm surprised. I was expecting something more "old school" because of the mentioning of a 70s vibe ( unless I read into this wrong ?). As well, mentioning of Rochas Lui, which to me, is like a retro scent in a way. Either way, its not a problem, as I really like this fragrance ! I am surprised at how.....nice it is ? I didn't expect something like this to be a travel exclusive.

First, the white pepper note really reminds me of Gucci pour Homme (2003). There are other notes there, but this fragrance seems to start off with a bang. Once the dry down accord settles, I am left with a nice warm spice/pepper/woodsy accord. Its great and at any price. It wears somewhat close to the skin, but that is fine, as I can still smell it.

The bottle is awesome as well. Its sylish and sleek. Why didn't they use this for a proper big release ? In some ways it seems like a waste to me. But on the other hand, perhaps those in charge knew this was not gonna be welcomed by the department shop regular customers. I can picture people twisting their noses with a spray of Brasil Dream for Men .

Its great to count on BNs for some very helpful posts here in this thread. I would never have come across it without the feedback. Thanks guys

More HERE
    Please PM me !

*bump

Tried it a month ago at a discount store in my area but didn't care for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
    *bump
    Why?
    Renato

Has anyone smelled this recently?