Code of Conduct

Default Where did all the Xerjoff reviews go?

I remember seeing a few reviews for the Xerjoff Homme, Irisss and a few others but recently they have all been cleared. Anyone know what's going there? I had a few samples of their fragrances and wanted to compare my experience with the other reviewers.
    Last edited by Aerandir4; 27th July 2009 at 05:55 PM.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Default Re: Where did all the Xerjoff reviews go?

hey thanks Dimitri I agree with your assessment of Homme. Its the best leather scent I have ever tried after Ambre Russe. I love the way it starts off like your carrying an expensive samsonite briefcase on your wrist. After a few hours I thought the leather backs off and lets the woody notes take over. I never thought I might spend so much on a scent but Amouage Homage, SDV by Guerlain and Xerjoff Homme are contenders for one off rare buys. its brilliant.
    Have you tried the other sets aswell? I'm working my way through the 17/17 set so far and will try the Casamorati 1888 set next and finishing with the Shooting stars set.

From smelling the top of the vials I think Kobe may be the next hit for me...but we will see.
    Last edited by Aerandir4; 25th July 2009 at 04:21 PM.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Quote Originally Posted by Aerandir4 View Post
    Have you tried the other sets aswell? I'm working my way through the 17/17 set so far and will try the Casamorati 1888 set next and finishing with the Shooting stars set.
    Only those I've noted in the linked thread Aerandir4... I am a big fan of Fiore d'Ulivo from the Casamorati line as well... in terms of smell its a million miles away from Homme though, which is my ultimate leather scent.

I am glad you started this thread again. I was actually going to start this one again too.

Lets just say I love this line. I currently have full bottles of Kobe, Uden and Modoc from the shooting stars line. These are such amazing rich and beautiful scents. Kobe is the most interesting of them all. It is a very bold incense and citrus scent that has a very unusual temple feel to it. Imagine being in a temple filled with smoke and incense while peeling oranges to eat for your mid prayer meal. Its amazing.

I also have a full bottle Mafisto from the Casamorati line and this, like many have mentioned, is just like Creeds silver mountain water but kicked up by leaps and bounds. Its really citrusy and smooth and very well blended. It is amazing.

Last but not least is the XJ 17/17 line. This to me is the ultimate in luxury scents. These scents are what perfumery are about. Homme is the most amazing leather scent while XXY is a smooth citrus amber scent that last and lasts. My favorite in this line is Irisss. Holy crap this is, as I mentioned in a previous post, is the iris lovers dream scent. It starts off cold and metallic with the most amazing iris note i have ever smelled and settles into a beautiful iris incense scent. I have spoken to the director of Xerjoff before and he told me that it is made with real Iris butter which is the most expensive and most realistic iris note available. Here is the description:

"For orris root production, iris rhizomes are harvested, dried, and aged for up to 5 years. In this time, the fats and oils inside the roots undergo degradation and oxidation, which produces many fragrant compounds that are valuable in perfumery. The scent is said to be similar to violets. The aged rhizomes are steam-distilled which produces a thick oily compound, known in the perfume industry as "iris butter"."

I know a lot of people speak about the prices and how they are extreme, some of them ranging from $2000 to $10,000 for the pure perfume which is the only way to get them. Well I have some insider news. In the very very near future, Xerjoff will be releasing the entire XJ 17/17 in regular 50ml and 100ml EDP versions so that everyone will have access to these scents in a more affordable price range. I recommend everyone getting a sample of these scents. You will not be disappointed.
    Last edited by cairomerta; 25th July 2009 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    I am glad you started this thread again. I was actually going to start this one again too.

Lets just say I love this line. I currently have full bottles of Kobe, Uden and Modoc from the shooting stars line. These are such amazing rich and beautiful scents. Kobe is the most interesting of them all. It is a very bold incense and citrus scent that has a very unusual temple feel to it. Imagine being in a temple filled with smoke and incense while peeling oranges to eat for your mid prayer meal. Its amazing.

I also have a full bottle Mafisto from the Casamorati line and this, like many have mentioned, is just like Creeds silver mountain water but kicked up by leaps and bounds. Its really citrusy and smooth and very well blended. It is amazing.

Last but not least is the XJ 17/17 line. This to me is the ultimate in luxury scents. These scents are what perfumery are about. Homme is the most amazing leather scent while XXY is a smooth citrus amber scent that last and lasts. My favorite in this line is Irisss. Holy crap this is, as I mentioned in a previous post, is the iris lovers dream scent. It starts off cold and metallic with the most amazing iris note i have ever smelled and settles into a beautiful iris incense scent. I have spoken to the director of Xerjoff before and he told me that it is made with real Iris butter which is the most expensive and most realistic iris note available. Here is the description:

"For orris root production, iris rhizomes are harvested, dried, and aged for up to 5 years. In this time, the fats and oils inside the roots undergo degradation and oxidation, which produces many fragrant compounds that are valuable in perfumery. The scent is said to be similar to violets. The aged rhizomes are steam-distilled which produces a thick oily compound, known in the perfume industry as "iris butter"."

I know a lot of people speak about the prices and how they are extreme, some of them ranging from $2000 to $10,000 for the pure perfume which is the only way to get them. Well I have some insider news. In the very very near future, Xerjoff will be releasing the entire XJ 17/17 in regular 50ml and 100ml EDP versions so that everyone will have access to these scents in a more affordable price range. I recommend everyone getting a sample of these scents. You will not be disappointed.
    wow I can't wait to try out Kobe, even from the open vial it smells like a dream. In a way I'm reminded of Czech and Speake Neroli from the top of my head.

From the 17/17 set I would say my favourite is Homme so far, but as you have mentioned the Iris is the best Irisss ever. Fredric Malle's Iris Poudre Is child's play compared to this woody/iris/incensy combination.

I would say that Xerjoff is the first fragrance house in which you can literally smell the quality. The scents are worth the price, the process of distillation is fantastic and the bottles are a work of art with glass.
    Last edited by Aerandir4; 26th July 2009 at 07:09 PM.

I agree with you 100%. You can smell the quality in this line. Its amazing.

I agree with you 100%. You can smell the quality in this line. Its amazing.
    By the By Cairomerta, how are you purchasing your Xerjoff scents? First in Fragrance? Directly from the website or from Harrods in London? Also I noticed that in that last long post you mentioned that the only way to get them was in Pure Parfum, aren't the EDP's available from First in Fragrance already, unless you were only talking about the 17/17 line which they don't have up there

I was talking about the 17/17 line. Those only come in pure perfumes and come only in the Murano or quartz glass which range from $2000 to $10,000+. But they will soon be released in EDP in regular glass bottles like the shooting stars line and a much better price.

In regards to the ones I have, I purchased Kobe from First in Fragrance and I purchased UDEN and Modoc from Harrods when I was there on a visits. They are absolutely amazing.

I cant wait until the 17/17 line comes out in EDP spray form though. I will be buying Irisss, XXY and Homme. Than I think my collection will be complete in regards to my holy grail line which Xerjoff in my opinion is.

I was talking about the 17/17 line. Those only come in pure perfumes and come only in the Murano or quartz glass which range from $2000 to $10,000+. But they will soon be released in EDP in regular glass bottles like the shooting stars line and a much better price.

In regards to the ones I have, I purchased Kobe from First in Fragrance and I purchased UDEN and Modoc from Harrods when I was there on a visits. They are absolutely amazing.

I cant wait until the 17/17 line comes out in EDP spray form though. I will be buying Irisss, XXY and Homme. Than I think my collection will be complete in regards to my holy grail line which Xerjoff in my opinion is.
    Very nice. You are a very fortunate man to be able to afford the Xerjoff lines. I must ask as well, how do the glass bottles look in life size? Do they reflect light in a special way? or something similar? I'm very interested to know.

In regards to my glass bottles of the shooting stars collection, they are very normal glass bottles with square edges. Nothing too special but they do come with a sort of poem etched into the sides of them and they are all numbered as only 299 of each are made each year only. Also, they come in an amazing box packaging with a meteorite piece that fell in Russia in the 1940's. In addition, they come with a really heavy gold cap with a beautiful design as well as a very nice leather strap that goes around the bottle that you move from the old bottle to the new one when you purchase a refill. By the way, you can purchase just the refill bottles from harrods for 95 pounds. They come in a regular box with no cap. That way you can afford to get it and enjoy the scent. Here is my bottle of the shooting stars Kobe I have.

Last edited by cairomerta; 27th July 2009 at 01:14 AM.

In regards to my glass bottles of the shooting stars collection, they are very normal glass bottles with square edges. Nothing too special but they do come with a sort of poem etched into the sides of them and they are all numbered as only 299 of each are made each year only. Also, they come in an amazing box packaging with a meteorite piece that fell in Russia in the 1940's. In addition, they come with a really heavy gold cap with a beautiful design as well as a very nice leather strap that goes around the bottle that you move from the old bottle to the new one when you purchase a refill. By the way, you can purchase just the refill bottles from harrods for 95 pounds. They come in a regular box with no cap. That way you can afford to get it and enjoy the scent. Here is my bottle of the shooting stars Kobe I have.

hey thanks for the picture, wow I think that 95 is very good price and I will surely get one now. I like the historical influence of the meteorite from Russia, it gives the scent a more fuller, real background.

It sure does. The picture is the full presentation of the purchase. The refill bottle does not have the cap nor does it have the red leather band. Just the bottle which is good enough for some people.

Just the bottle which is good enough for some people.
    I'd rather save a couple of hundred pounds for the sake of all the extra's just to have my very own Xerjoff.

Cairomerta have you had any negative experiences with any Xerjoff scents yet? I have only been through XJ, Irisss and Homme and find all of them excellent, although I would say I think XJ is slightly generic but still very nice.

I agree with you, its better to buy 2 or 3 refill bottles to enjoy rather than one full presentation bottle.

In regards to the XJ line, i have had no negative experiences with them and don't feel they are generic at all. I think Homme and Irisss are so elegant, realistic and made of such amazing ingredients that I find them masterpieces. XXY maybe the most generic of them since it is a citrus amber scent but it still so elegant, that i fear to call it generic. It is honestly such a magnificent perfume line.

I agree with you, its better to buy 2 or 3 refill bottles to enjoy rather than one full presentation bottle.

In regards to the XJ line, i have had no negative experiences with them and don't feel they are generic at all. I think Homme and Irisss are so elegant, realistic and made of such amazing ingredients that I find them masterpieces. XXY maybe the most generic of them since it is a citrus amber scent but it still so elegant, that i fear to call it generic. It is honestly such a magnificent perfume line.
    If masterpiece ever described a scent it would be Xerjoff Homme. I also agree with your assessment of XXY, its delightful yet it does bear resemblance to other scents and like you said its probably because of the popular amber note that people are so familiar with now. It would be difficult not to let the scent hint at other scents people have tried with citric/amber notes combination.

I am wearing Kobe today and man is this a tenacious well balanced and amazing scent. Again, you get an amazing temple incense feel with a citrus note that lasts throughout the entire wearing. It is amazing how this note stays for so long as they usually dissipate within the first hour in most scents. The notes are so well balanced and blended. There is a Oud note that I believe lends a substantial weight to this perfume and allows it to linger for hours and hours. It lasts a good 8-9 hours on my skin. Absolutely stunning!
    Last edited by cairomerta; 28th July 2009 at 05:30 PM.