Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Create Man by Puma - look at this bottle

I was trudging thru the fragrances and skin care at Marshall's this afternoon and stumbled upon an opened box of this scent. The scent is a thin, horrible aquatic fragrance but the toothpaste tube-shaped bottle, with anatomically appropriate thumb prints in the glass, is brilliant. I almost bought it just for the bottle. Almost.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 26th July 2009 at 08:14 AM.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Moustache by Rochas

Default Re: Create Man by Puma - look at this bottle

You're right Mike, very nice! Thanks for sharing
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & RÍve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

Clever! Too bad they didn't have a similar level of creativity for the juice...

Trippy!

Had I been the one who saw this at Marshall's, I probably won't be able to resist. It's so unique.

I have to admit, it was so cheap, I did buy it for the bottle.
    Currently wearing: L'Insoumis by Lalique

Dependent

This is certainly unique. If it were cheap, it would make a good display piece at least. Thanks for sharing!
    Currently wearing: Chergui by Serge Lutens

I have to post here, it's a very cheap cologne ..yes COLOGNE.
    After 1 hour as someone said here, you can't smell it anymore.

I made a mistake buying this..
    The top notes are alcohol then the middle notes are some weak aquatic notes..so it has no basenotes.
    Last edited by dickjones; 26th July 2009 at 09:48 PM.

Its really a shame though because I love Puma as a clothing brand, too bad they cant break in with a decent frag.

I'll agree, bottle is very nice.

Thanks for the picture.....this is really wild.....would be nice if the same effort were put into the juice.
    Gary

Wow ! I really like the look of that ! ... I think I may just have to get one just for the funky bottle.

Is it by any chance a splash bottle, or does it have a spray head ? ... (ie. could it perhaps be refilled with another fragrance ??? ... It would be great if it was. That way I could refill it with one of my decants)

I think the opposite of the general consensus. I like the fragrance but the bottle is silly to me.

I'm interested in your take on the scent, SirSlarty.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    Wow ! I really like the look of that ! ... I think I may just have to get one just for the funky bottle.

Is it by any chance a splash bottle, or does it have a spray head ? ... (ie. could it perhaps be refilled with another fragrance ??? ... It would be great if it was. That way I could refill it with one of my decants)
    It's a spray. In the exact replica, of the end of a toothpaste tube nozzle.
    Currently wearing: Moustache by Rochas

I think the opposite of the general consensus. I like the fragrance but the bottle is silly to me.
    See, I think the main reason that I am finding it so captivating and interesting. Is because I am an artist, and it's reminiscent of my tubes of oil paint ! (And I paint mostly "Tromp L'Oeil" murals. Which plays with a similar theme) ... The fact that it looks soft and pliable, although it's in fact ice hard.
    I really like that that is what it reminds me of !

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I'm interested in your take on the scent, SirSlarty.
    I like clean and fresh scents. But I also like the heavy, dark woodsy patchouli scents. Keep that in perspective for contrasts of my tastes.

Create Man is the mot extreme clean you can get (aside from Hugo Element) and it even crosses over into the abrasive degreasers in the disinfectant aisle at your local Wal-Mart. Think Azzaro Chrome's bright soapy lavender taken to the outer most edges of wearabilty. All that and then you are drenched in calone. There's no hiding the calone. After all that comes the breezy, clean woodsy base... and a touch of melon. If only this feeling of cleanliness could last more than a few hours... well, at least it seems to be good for an after workout kind of fragrance. I suppose that's why the bottle is shaped like the shower gel you should use to wash off your BO instead of covering it up. Sometimes you gotta make do with what you have.

Haters of fresh and clean, run away to your orientals and musks, Create Man is the polar opposite of those fragrance families!

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    See, I think the main reason that I am finding it so captivating and interesting. Is because I am an artist, and it's reminiscent of my tubes of oil paint ! (And I paint mostly "Tromp L'Oeil" murals. Which plays with a similar theme) ... The fact that it looks soft and pliable, although it's in fact ice hard.
    Well then...

Quote Originally Posted by Puma website
    See how easy it is to turn the world upside down: The glass flacon for PUMA Create is sculpted in the shape of an oil-paint tube. Form meets function and you're looking at the ultimate art supply, the only material you'll need for your creativity to shine through. It's a kind of unique object of desire. One day it may belong in a museum, right now it belongs in your life.
    Puma did something right, I suppose!

http://www.puma-fragrances.com/en-us...ign-flacon.php

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sybarite
    Well then...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Puma website
    See how easy it is to turn the world upside down: The glass flacon for PUMA Create is sculpted in the shape of an oil-paint tube. Form meets function and you're looking at the ultimate art supply, the only material you'll need for your creativity to shine through. It's a kind of unique object of desire. One day it may belong in a museum, right now it belongs in your life.

(LOL) HA ! ... I didn't actually know that that is what puma was going for with the oil paint tube. I thought they were going for a toothpaste tube actually. ... But interesting that we seem to be on the same wavelength. ... However I know for sure that I will definitely not be on the same wavelength as far as the actual jus goes !

Thanx for posting the Puma "blurp" link !

Mike, if you buy it 'just for the bottle' I am going to do an intervention.