Code of Conduct

Thread: Search Problem

Default Search Problem

What could the problem be? For the last few days whenever I try to search a fragrance, I'll first get the page listing references to the scent, but then when I click on the link it takes me to a basenotes page and it looks like it is filling in but I end up with a blank page. This is so frustrating.

I did dump my cache, but didn't help at all.

Thanks.

Default Re: Search Problem

Can't anyone help with this?

Would you happen to be using a Mac computer? I think I've seen some Mac users mention arriving at a screen that appears blank, but find that when they scroll down quite a ways down the page, all the info is there, below a large blank space. I don't know if anyone has figured out why that happens.

If this doesn't help, I hope someone else can chime in.

Good luck!

Thanks for the kind reply

No I do not have a Mac, I am running Firefox on my PC and what you have described is exactly what is happening. It doesn't happen all the time but it certainly is doing it most of the time and it is so frustrating to try and bring up a review and get a blank page.

btw, this never happens on a community forum page, just the reviews.

If anyone can help it will be most appreciated. Thank you

Ok, it is doing it again, it was suddenly working for a few days and now once again, I get a page with nothing but the side bar and heading when I try to go to the reviews.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Is there any kind of Administrator that might be able to give some assistance with this? I'd surely love to read some reviews!

Is it because I'm not a supporting member yet that I'm not getting a response from admin? Well I'm not likely to become a supporting member if I can't even get the reviews to come in. Or for that matter the courtesy of a reply.
    Last edited by pancks; 28th August 2009 at 01:59 PM.

pancks - Sorry to see you're still having this problem with the directory.

Have you tried using the Report an Error link shown at the bottom of every page?

http://www.basenotes.net/contactus/techerror

There is also a Contact Us form:

http://www.basenotes.net/contactus/

Or you could try sending a PM directly to Grant, the site's owner/admin, by going into Private Messages, starting a new one, and typing Grant in the To field:

http://community.basenotes.net/private.php?do=newpm

I hope you get some resolution! Best of luck.

Also - you might not get a response right away today, because there's a Basenotes event/sniffathon going on in London, I think.

One last suggestion - have you tried other browsers? If you've tried viewing it in Internet Explorer, I would also try downloading Google Chrome to see if you have the same display/search problem in that browser.

Thank you for your efforts to help, Tang. When I get the almost blank page in reviews there isn't even a 'report' link to use.

Today for some reason I can get the pages to load, but this has happened before when the reviews would come in just fine then something happens a few days later and I'm back to blank pages.

I'm running Firefox 3.5.2

For the record, the situation where you have to scroll way way down to see the results happens to me all of the time at work (ha ha ha) on my windows based pc.