Code of Conduct

Default Ted Lapidus - Altamir

Has anyone tried this? There are no reviews here.
    It sounds deliciously... well... 'orangey':

Ted Lapidus Altamir puts orange blossom in center stage, intense yet subtle and delicate. The heady neroli top note is enlivened by sparkling bergamot and a fruity crisp touch of pineapple leaves. The heart is a soft blend of orange blossom quickened by jasmine and cyclamen. Teak and sandalwood announce resonating base notes of patchouli and vetiver.

It's available at Perfume Connection in Australia... I think I might have to give them a visit!
    Last edited by Trufflehunter; 27th July 2009 at 09:48 AM. Reason: added a pic

Default Re: Ted Lapidus - Altamir

I liked it, and picked up a full tester bottle at their last sale for A$30. Funny thing was that in all there other stores during that sale, those tester bottles were going for $59.

Style wise it reminds me a bit of something like a cross between Le Male and Silver Shadow - less sweet and more wearable than Le Male, a bit richer than Silver Shadow.
    Renato

I liked it also. Bought it blindly and have no regrets.

Cloying and too sweet for my tastes. Still, if you are into contemporary styles, this one might be for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I liked it, and picked up a full tester bottle at their last sale for A$30. Funny thing was that in all there other stores during that sale, those tester bottles were going for $59.

Style wise it reminds me a bit of something like a cross between Le Male and Silver Shadow - less sweet and more wearable than Le Male, a bit richer than Silver Shadow.
    Renato
    Good prices there, Renato. It's full price at my local Perfume Connection. $99. I'll hold off till I find it on sale!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Altamir is a spicy sweet fragrance, and seems to be a lighter version of TL pour Lui. It's sweetness however does not become cloying. Being spicy/sweet, it projects quite well, but in a discrete way. Moderate longevity.

I have the stronger pour Lui, so cannot really justify a purchase now. Had i not bought pLui, i would buy Altamir without hesitation.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I did a quick Ebay search & found just two , both in Ozz ! .. a full size tester bottle selling for $80AU & a 99c sample
    So i won the 99c sample .
    I looked but didn't find any Altamir for sale by any of the big Ebay sellers in the US either .

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Altamir is a spicy sweet fragrance, and seems to be a lighter version of TL pour Lui. It's sweetness however does not become cloying. Being spicy/sweet, it projects quite well, but in a discrete way. Moderate longevity.

I have the stronger pour Lui, so cannot really justify a purchase now. Had i not bought pLui, i would buy Altamir without hesitation.
    How do you find the neroli and bergamot combo? I like the idea of the oranges and I love neroli (C&S Neroli and Creed's Neroli Sauvage are on my wish list!) but I wonder if that combination together with the sweetness might be a bit too much. I guess I'm thinking of the neroli in Fleur du Male which disgusts me beyond description!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trufflehunter View Post
    How do you find the neroli and bergamot combo? I like the idea of the oranges and I love neroli (C&S Neroli and Creed's Neroli Sauvage are on my wish list!) but I wonder if that combination together with the sweetness might be a bit too much. I guess I'm thinking of the neroli in Fleur du Male which disgusts me beyond description!
    I assure you that Altamir, though sweet, definitely does not become ''too much" at any point in its development. IMO, thats the underlying genius of the formulation of Altamir.

#BBOG!

Good prices there, Renato. It's full price at my local Perfume Connection. $99. I'll hold off till I find it on sale!
    That would be wise. Most of their second and third tier designer scents (those that they stock and nobody else) eventually get discounted, no matter how good they are.
    Renato

That would be wise. Most of their second and third tier designer scents (those that they stock and nobody else) eventually get discounted, no matter how good they are.
    Renato
    Sound advice, Renato. Now the waiting and watching begins... can I hold off?

A funny thing just happened! I just did a search for "lapidus altamir" and this link came up:

Looks like there might be quite a bit of cheap Altamir and Bogart PH to be had!

great work senior constable T-Hunter !!!

A funny thing just happened! I just did a search for "lapidus altamir" and this link came up:

Looks like there might be quite a bit of cheap Altamir and Bogart PH to be had!
    Sounds like I might get pulled over for questioning if I walk around wearing Altimar. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be aftershave, but EDT - I've never seen a bottle of either.
    On the other hand, maybe this link explains why I've never seen a bottle of their aftershaves.

What do you think - is a crawl through the Sunday Trash and Treasure markets worth considering?
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 29th July 2009 at 11:28 AM.

Sounds like I might get pulled over for questioning if I walk around wearing Altimar. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be aftershave, but EDT - I've never seen a bottle of either.
    On the other hand, maybe this link explains why I've never seen a bottle of their aftershaves.

What do you think - is a crawl through the Sunday Trash and Treasure markets worth considering?
    Renato
    LOL I think I might be drawing suspicion to myself even if I just walk into a shop and ask for a bottle. I just hope it wasn't Perfume Connection's shipment of discount bottles!
    Keeping an eye on ebay could pay dividends too.

My Altamir sample arrived this afternoon .
    I've just used it & its a good quality rich full bodied frag .
    About 10 minutes in , i remembered trying something similiar .
    It being Varvatos Vintage , they share a similiar accord or a combo of notes .
    My verdict is >> its very nice but smells similiar to other ones , as VV had me scratching as well , So try before you buy .
    cheers

I've been wearing it for around 1/2 year now, on and off. It is a very unusual scent. The mixture of neroli, cyclamen, jasmine and a slight hint of pineapple leaves gives it a somewhat warm and fruity scent. it dries down to a tonka-ish, jasmine and teak base, giving it a slightly metrosexual feel, despite what the advertising campaign saying that it's very manly.

the only gripe that i face with altamir is that the brown coloring of the perfume actually stained my white shirt =( would be better if they used an amber colored bottle rather than coloring the perfume itself

Sounds like a similar drydown to Dunhill Desire for men. Can anyone do a comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Sounds like a similar drydown to Dunhill Desire for men. Can anyone do a comparison?
    altamir is alot softer compared to dunhil, and the teak is very, very faint. i'd say that the drydown is just a blend of jasmine and tonka, with the citrusy notes of the neroli still lingering in the blend. teak is barely noticeable unless you really, really sniff for it.
    Last edited by joey86; 6th September 2009 at 04:19 PM.

I just got a bottle of Altamir. It's like a more wearable Le Male for me. The bottle is also nice and heavy.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zliang View Post
    I just got a bottle of Altamir. It's like a more wearable Le Male for me. The bottle is also nice and heavy.
    An even more wearable Fleur de Male, with the orange blossom and wood notes they share. A good alternative for those who think FdM is a bit too femme and sweet.

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    An even more wearable Fleur de Male, with the orange blossom and wood notes they share. A good alternative for those who think FdM is a bit too femme and sweet.
    Interesting. I got a FDM sample the other day, I must do a comparison.
    Renato

Got this yesterday for $27.00 (4.2 oz bottle). This was a steal for a fragrance that smells this good. The orange blossom is done right. Has a nice cinnamon background. You won't regret getting this one.