Code of Conduct

Default Sexy Youthful Frags

That's exactly what I want to smell like. . . Young Hot and Sexy!

Any suggestions?
    "While the king is at his table, my perfume fills the air with its fragrance." SoS 1:12

Default Re: Sexy Youthful Frags

Young hot and sexy has nothing to do with perfume in my opinion. It's all attitude. Feel it= be it.

Perhaps go to a nightclub and ask the kids with fake ID what their perfume. Or follow some hot young things as they go through Sephora sniffing......no offense to fans of these scents, but I'm guessing for laydees it will be the likes of Miss Dior Cherie, Light Blue, the reams of RALPH frags, Brittany Spears and any number of fruity candy confections that are out right now.

I like smelling like an old lady. *waits for flames*
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Vera Wang Rock Princess - if I was 30 years younger, I'd wear it! Nicely dark drydown. More rocky than princess, in fact!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

It's easy. A combo of
    Young, Sexy, Lovely by YSL http://www.basenotes.net/ID26125995.html
    and
    Very Sexy Hot by Victoria's Secret http://www.basenotes.net/ID26128833.html

Twice sexy (+1 very), young, hot. Lovely is a bonus.
    Last edited by darkdreams; 28th July 2009 at 03:07 PM.

I agree on Vera Wang Rock Princess- I rather liked this one!!

Jessica Simpson's Fancy seems very popular right now. I'm loving Kate Moss' Kate (rose + patchouli + musk) and Lilly Pulitzer's Squeeze (citrussy + floral + musky woods). They're both youthful, but I don't suppose they're very hot and sexy. I hope you get some more suggestions. It might be a good idea to go to a Sephora at a mall and ask for suggestions. That's what I would do (old lady here). When I want to know the name of a pop artist(s) whose song I've been liking, I always ask the young wait staff at restaurants or the younger people sitting at the bar. They always know and they're always glad to tell me. Anyway, good luck!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by 3xasif View Post
    Young hot and sexy has nothing to do with perfume in my opinion. It's all attitude. Feel it= be it.

Perhaps go to a nightclub and ask the kids with fake ID what their perfume. Or follow some hot young things as they go through Sephora sniffing......no offense to fans of these scents, but I'm guessing for laydees it will be the likes of Miss Dior Cherie, Light Blue, the reams of RALPH frags, Brittany Spears and any number of fruity candy confections that are out right now.

I like smelling like an old lady. *waits for flames*
    Hear ,hear. I like smelling like an 'old lady ' too !

However if you must be young hot and sexy( I guess there are occasions ! ) - try Coco mademoiselle or Hypnotic Poison .
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 28th July 2009 at 03:48 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by darkdreams View Post
    It's easy. A combo of
    Young, Sexy, Lovely by YSL http://www.basenotes.net/ID26125995.html
    and
    Very Sexy Hot by Victoria's Secret http://www.basenotes.net/ID26128833.html

Twice sexy (+1 very), young, hot. Lovely is a bonus.

I have both and enjoy them.

I also think Bandit fits in here as well and I have it but never know when to wear it for fear of smelling like a weed-head!
    "While the king is at his table, my perfume fills the air with its fragrance." SoS 1:12

Oh and not forgetting another moody, patch number - Kate Moss Velvet Hour!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by nosemolester View Post
    I also think Bandit fits in here as well and I have it but never know when to wear it for fear of smelling like a weed-head!

I don't know many weed-heads myself but I don't think Bandit is much associated with that (I thought it was patchouli, musk and incense ). If you find it sexy and youthful and hot just wear it in good health. I doubt it will make you look high.

I think that there are many young women out there with the attitude it takes to be sexy...but, most frags deemed "youthful" these days seem to me to be the very opposite of sex....it's all candy and soap and sharp citrus in the current "young" scents, and I associate notes like musk, leather, and woods with a sensual fragrance.

If you are young yourself, you don't need your fragrance to be "youthful" for you...I actually think there is something so intriguing about a young person wearing a vintage or niche scent that sets them apart from the crowd. A lovely 20-something in Angel is just another lovely 20-something in Angel, but a lovely 20-something in Chanel No. 5 seems sophisticated and interesting for the difference....

Quote Originally Posted by YouCanCallMeMo View Post
    I think that there are many young women out there with the attitude it takes to be sexy...but, most frags deemed "youthful" these days seem to me to be the very opposite of sex....it's all candy and soap and sharp citrus in the current "young" scents, and I associate notes like musk, leather, and woods with a sensual fragrance.

If you are young yourself, you don't need your fragrance to be "youthful" for you...I actually think there is something so intriguing about a young person wearing a vintage or niche scent that sets them apart from the crowd. A lovely 20-something in Angel is just another lovely 20-something in Angel, but a lovely 20-something in Chanel No. 5 seems sophisticated and interesting for the difference....
    I have to chime in here and add to 3xasif and mysticknot that most "young" fragrances are all "pinky--girly" and do not appeal to sensual charm of a mature woman. It seems like we are going down the trail of "old lady" again.

I like the sensual charm of smelling like an "old lady."

What this all boils down to is attitude...how you carry yourself, not which scent you wear...that will make you a man-magnet. (The courtesans of old proved this time and time again.) Confidence in who you are...not playing anyone else's game...that is the ultimate in sexy.

If you *had* to buy a "young, sexy" scent, go for Coco Mademoiselle.
    Last edited by Primrose; 28th July 2009 at 05:11 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

That's exactly what I want to smell like. . . Young Hot and Sexy!

Any suggestions?
    Hard to come up with something, as what I associate with sexy (very few), I also associate with "womanly", therefore older. Coco parfum is def sexy to me. Opium Secret or parfum is kind of sexy too, but there again.. Maybe just a young person wearing on of those two fragrances? I would also get the impression she was ballsy too, and that would add to the sexy vibe.

Or try Nina (the new one). That is the closest I can think of to smelling sexy AND young. It got the fruity/gourmand thing I associate with young, but the wood/'chouli I associate with grown and sexy. I guest Coco Mlle fits here as well.

Or Fleur de Narcisse. There is an unfettered, natural sexiness to it. A self-possessed but sexually free-spirited and naive vibe that puts it somewhere in the middle of the suggestions above. It's not as calculated as either Coco or Nina; not as knowing as Opium.
    Last edited by leffleur; 28th July 2009 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkdreams View Post
    I don't know many weed-heads myself but I don't think Bandit is much associated with that (I thought it was patchouli, musk and incense ). If you find it sexy and youthful and hot just wear it in good health. I doubt it will make you look high.
    Probably not an association with those who use, I'd agree that would be patch/incense. Bandit (EDP anyway) actually smells like fresh pot, not yet burned. At least that's what came to mind upon application the last time I had a bottle.

Elle by Yves Saint Laurent,
    Ralph Rocks by Ralph Lauren,
    Rock N Rose by Valentino,
    Shalimar Light By Guerlain

Samsara is from 1989 but gets me crazy compliments from 20 and 30 something guys.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

I agree with the Coco Mademoiselle thing as well, thats my favourite one for young and sexy
    Gets me loads of compliments

I suggest you wear Eau Sauvage by Dior.
    Yes it's expensive and yes it's really for the guys, but
    when I smell it on a confident, young girl it really
    rocks! My French penfriend used to wear it well and got lots
    of male attention.

Oh, oh...I remembered. My aunt is neither of these things (young, hot or sexy) but she seems to like perfumes that say that. At least that's what she told me. The ones she liked at one time or another are: Coco Mlle, Hypnose, Addict, Miracle and Miracle Forever, Bulgari Femme. Also Angel and her all time favourite Tresor. Her latest infatuation is Rochas Femme but I don't think it really fits.

Quote Originally Posted by misscasey;1574980[B
    Samsara[/B] is from 1989 but gets me crazy compliments from 20 and 30 something guys.
    Yep, I think this is the kind of response she's looking for. I'm not sure that what I find sexy (Habanita, Bal a Versailles) is what young hot sexy things out there would find sexy. I'm curious myself. What kind of scents do people in their 20's & 30's find sexy now? My mother had a young man (early 20's? late teens?) follow her at a mall to ask her what gorgeous fragrance she was wearing. He was enraptured by it. It was Mahora, which almost everybody hates, and which is discontinued now. I suppose it's still subjective, whatever the age.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I have to chime in here and add to 3xasif and mysticknot that most "young" fragrances are all "pinky--girly" and do not appeal to sensual charm of a mature woman. It seems like we are going down the trail of "old lady" again.

I like the sensual charm of smelling like an "old lady."

What this all boils down to is attitude...how you carry yourself, not which scent you wear...that will make you a man-magnet. (The courtesans of old proved this time and time again.) Confidence in who you are...not playing anyone else's game...that is the ultimate in sexy.

If you *had* to buy a "young, sexy" scent, go for Coco Mademoiselle.
    LOL- funny, the scents that grab the most compliments for me are my "classics". I think Vent Vert is all around winner for getting men to say "mmm what is that gorgeous perfume".
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Well I'm young AND sexy (in my very humble opinion of course haha) and I disagree that someone isn't sexy just because they happen to like 'girlie' or 'fruity' scents I think that's actualy a pretty narrow-minded opinion.

Perfumes that are popular with 'young' friends of mine include YSL Baby Doll, Coco Mademoiselle, Miss Dior Cherie and Juicy Couture - all of which I think are lovely
    Last edited by Un Belle Parfum; 29th July 2009 at 05:22 AM.
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by TheLipPrint View Post
    I disagree that someone isn't sexy just because they happen to like 'girlie' or 'fruity' scents I think that's actualy a pretty narrow-minded opinion.
    I agree with this. It's subjective, really. A sexy person is still sexy whatever scent they wear.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 29th July 2009 at 11:59 AM.

I disagree that someone isn't sexy just because they happen to like 'girlie' or 'fruity' scents
    Actually, I quite clearly went out of my way to NOT say this. A person is sexy or not, sophisticated or not, youthful or not independent of their fragrance. But, when the fragrance is evaluated independent of the person wearing it, generally speaking a fruity, fresh scent is not as evocative of sex as is a musk or leather.

I own both baggy flannel pjs and a white linen sailor dress. Neither outfit is even remotely sexy, and yet I'm still a hot mama when wearing them, if I do say so myself. Fragrance works much the same way, whether a flannel PJ scent (Pink Sugar) or a white linen sailor dress scent (Tommy Girl).

Ralph gets me the most compliments, but I feel sexiest in Hypnotic Poison and Tabac Blond.

I am young sexy and hot I just want something to enhance it.

I remember wearing Miracle however I stopped because I smelled like everyone else samething with
    tresor and ephoria. I like to smell as unique as possible.

I think your idea of finding a unique, stand-out scent is an excellent one! And, as a young, active woman, you can safely play with unusual niche and vintage notes and make it seem fresh and unique, not old and stale.

Offhand, I recommend:

Mitsouko
    Coco (the original, the Mlle version is not that unique these days!)
    Ava Luxe No 23
    Ormond Woman
    Chanel Cuir de Russie
    Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan OR Feminite de Bois OR Cedre....I likey the Serge.

There are some vintage ones there, others are brand spanking new niche scents...all contain notes that are not wildly trendy now, so you won't smell like every other girl at the club or the University Library or the park or wherever you are!
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Annick goutal's Petite Cherie and Coco Mademoiselle makes me think sexy and youthful when I catch a whiff of it eminating from some hot young thing....but, that might just be b/c of the association :/

I guess it is also important who you would like to perceive you as young, sexy etc. If the answer is yourself, then no one can tell you what to wear, only you can decide. If it is other people, I am afraid there is no unique answer, not even as general as some notes or perfume groups. As you can see from the answers, everyone seems to have a different view of a sexy perfume. In fact, I am pretty sure we have different views on "sexy". My guess is that some (younger?) people might associate "sexy perfume" with the perfume they smelled on many young, hot, sexy girls. Could be Pink Sugar or Bath and Body Works or whatever. Others might have specific and various ideas:leather is sexy, or vanilla is sexy, vintage chypre is...
    Personally I find sweet, heavier, vanillic perfumes quite sexy. My husband (32) finds Shalimar, Addict, Blue Amber, pretty much all vanilla scents disgusting and "food like". Obviously not sexy!
    My point is it's impossible to find a scent that will please everyone. And as someone said before, if you are all those things, any perfume you wear and enjoy will be perceived as pretty nice!
    Last edited by darkdreams; 29th July 2009 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjra View Post
    Annick goutal's Petite Cherie and Coco Mademoiselle makes me think sexy and youthful when I catch a whiff of it eminating from some hot young thing....but, that might just be b/c of the association :/
    my point exactly!

As everyone is saying, it's all how you feel about certain frags on yourself, and what you associate them with. I feel sexy (and hot, etc) in:

FM Carnal Flower
    SL Chergui
    Piguet Baghari
    SL Un Lys

For the moment......
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Escentric Molecules maybe? Or a solution of Iso-E super (Perfumer's Apprentice I think was the source.
    Especially Molecule 01
    The hype:
    "You know it as a sweet sandalwood/cedar-like smell…a base note prevalent in many legendary perfumes, and it finally gets to shine all on its own. The velvety woody note is highly sensitive to body chemistry and twists and turns as it evolves, enticing the wearer with an almost pheromone-like fascination. The science of scent is finally on display and is sure to delight those woody fragrance aficionados who love to venture forth and discover something devastatingly unique. There’s nothing like it in the world."
    (from Luckyscent)

It's a "barely-there" frag but worth a try. I like Escentric 01 better though - it's also reminiscent of D&G Light Blue (popular with young ladies).
    Last edited by Darwinia; 29th July 2009 at 09:11 PM.

A person is sexy or not, sophisticated or not, youthful or not independent of their fragrance. But, when the fragrance is evaluated independent of the person wearing it, generally speaking a fruity, fresh scent is not as evocative of sex as is a musk or leather.
    Sexy is not necessarily evocative of sex per se, sexy for some people might be that fresh, squeaky clean smell that evokes an image of having just stepped out of a bath or shower - sexy is different to everyone. A friend of mine happens to go crazy for girls in citrus scents because it evokes an image to him of a strong sense of fun and lightheartedness that he finds incredibly sexy - and citrus doesn't generally have much connection to sex at all (well, not in my experience anyway haha)
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Its funny...what I feel is a sexy scent is generally not how my hubby feels about it ! I really just stick to what I love, if he likes it, bonus for him, if not...tough !! I do have a few frags that I remember 'has the effect' so to speak, if ever I, ummm, feel need to use them LOL !!

That's a good question!

Usually the perfumes that I feel sexy on don't make me feel young (they don't make me feel old either...)

sexy perfumes:
    - Coco edp (the most sexiest perfume ever)
    -Ambre Sultan de SL
    - Feminite du bois
    - Blue Amber de Montale
    -Poison de Dior
    - Opium de YSL

Sexy and "young":
    - No5 the perfume version (not the edp or edt that I don't really like) by chanel
    -Ombre Rose edp de JC Brosseau
    -L'Heure Bleu edp

Young and happy:
    - Elle de ysl
    - Aqua Allegoria Figue-Iris de Guerlain
    - Burberry for woman

Coco Mademoiselle apparently my X-DH thought this one was awesome because he used all of mines!

Darwinia - I am very interested,

"Escentric Molecules maybe? Or a solution of Iso-E super (Perfumer's Apprentice I think was the source."
    Especially Molecule 01"

just need to find it, do you know about how much it cost?

Escentric Molecules are carried by Luckyscent (at least this is where I'd purchase them) and the pure iso-e super can be ordered on-line form Perfumer's Apprentice website http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/

Basenotes Institution

Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 - very interesting perfume - 'there and not there'- kind of subliminal seduction I guess.

Cool Re: Sexy Youthful Frags

OK, my phone number is (818) 679--um, never mind.

Second best choices:

Fracas
    M K K ( supposedly unisex, it's an equal opportunity debauchery.)
    L'Eau D'Issey
    Musc Ravageur (unisex again, but far, far better suited to a woman, imho )

That should cover a broad spectrum.
    To add to it, try giving a sniff to these three made for men:

1. Azzaro Pour Homme ( seriously )
    2. Idole de Lubin

And, if your'e the jungle tigress type,

3. Eau Sauvage.

Cheers,

Mario.
    Last edited by tigrushka; 4th August 2009 at 07:56 AM. Reason: 2.3 Airing of moderating grievances
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    OK, my phone number is (818) 679--um, never mind.

Second best choices:

Fracas
    M K K ( supposedly unisex, it's an equal opportunity debauchery.)
    L'Eau D'Issey
    Musc Ravageur (unisex again, but far, far better suited to a woman, imho )

That should cover a broad spectrum.
    To add to it, try giving a sniff to these three made for men:

1. Azzaro Pour Homme ( seriously )
    2. Idole de Lubin

And, if your'e the jungle tigress type,

3. Eau Sauvage.

Cheers,

Mario.
    Mario - I am totally with you and the Azzaro Pour Homme. I bought this for my husband but I liked to wear it (it felt like I was wearing crotchless undies or something - sorry if disclosure offends!)
    BUT others that I think are SYF are:

'L' Lolita Lempicka (Quite syrupy - but I like)
    Liberte' - Cacharel
    Skin - Trussardi (light but very distinctive)
    Love's True Bluish Light - Ava Luxe
    Miss Dior Cherie - Dior (I know it is fairly popular - but I think it is all three)
    Champs Elysees - Guerlain (Youth in a bottle)
    Alien - Thierry Mulger (quite luminescent and hard to place)
    Brit (edp) - Burberry
    West Side - Bond No. 9

These are just my thoughts. I think you should have a squiz/sniff a couple of scents you wouldn't normally be drawn. Sometimes the old classics are awesome.

Good luck!
    Cherin
    “If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” Tallulah Bankhead - Actress

Basenotes Institution

Of course Love's True Bluish Light is great too and Fracas !

Hmm. Would I be mocked for suggestiong Tom Ford Black Orchid?

I also fervantly agree with someone's suggestion of Habanita. And Shalimar is _certainly_ not an innocent child.

But I don't know if any of those count as young. I'm just going on the sexy requirement.

Crayfish

If advertising is to be believed, than Shalimar must be the ultimate in young and sexy. I mean SERIOUSLY.
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Blog Entries

May I suggest:

EnJoy by Jean Patou. I've just tried it and had to run and write a review. Very light, fun and fresh IMHO. A sundress and sandle-wearing little sister to Joy (who wears black velvet and pearls)
    Hidden Fantasy or Midnight Fantasy by Brittney Spears. Pure fun, not serious, but not sickly sweet either. I prefer the Hidden Fantasy.
    Fabulosity by Kimmora Lee Simmons. Very fun but awfully sweet. I liked it immediately, ran to eBay and bought a bottle.
    Prada - this perfume just won a "Spontaneous Compliment from the Spouse" award, a very rare and highly coveted honor, and it's still feeling giddy
    Black XS for her by Paco Rabanne - a really fun rose scent.

Have fun trying them out!

Blog Entries

Talking Re: Sexy Youthful Frags

<snip>
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayfish View Post
    Hmm. Would I be mocked for suggesting Tom Ford Black Orchid?

Crayfish

Since you requested, I must mock you!
    Are you insane? That would be like sending your 12-year old daughter out in fishnets and ruby-red lipstick!

Quote Originally Posted by Crayfish View Post
    But I don't know if any of those count as young. I'm just going on the sexy requirement.

Oh, silly me! I didn't finish reading your post. Since we are just going with "sexy" your suggestion is appropriate.

I like your list! Classics are the way to go - that way you stand out rather than blend in with the crowd. Nothing perks my interest more than a whiff of Mitsouko "in the wild".

Teddius

If advertising is to be believed, than Shalimar must be the ultimate in young and sexy. I mean SERIOUSLY.

and also for info, the original song was written by Serge Gainsbourg for Brigitte Bardot
    for those who understands french, we can really see why this fragrance is the sexiest one...

Bvlgari Omnia Amethyste smells youthful and sexy to me (and to some girls in their early twenties I used to know).

It has been said before, and I just want to affirm the ethereal beauty that is Un Lys (Serge Lutens). Kind of innocent way of being sexy, if there is such a thing.

(By the way: I consider most of all those oriental warhorses mentioned erotic, not 'just' sexy. There seems to be a difference. I'm too tired to elaborate. Good night.)
    Last edited by DesGrieux; 4th August 2009 at 10:42 PM.

+1 for the TFord Black Orchid & Omni Amethyste
    and will add CChristian X for her + Lolita Lempicka L

Quote Originally Posted by DesGrieux View Post
    Bvlgari Omnia Amethyste smells youthful and sexy to me (and to some girls in their early twenties I used to know).

It has been said before, and I just want to affirm the ethereal beauty that is Un Lys (Serge Lutens). Kind of innocent way of being sexy, if there is such a thing.

(By the way: I consider most of all those oriental warhorses mentioned [COLOR=red]erotic[/COLOR], not 'just' sexy. There seems to be a difference. I'm too tired to elaborate. Good night.)
    That's the truth!! When I want to appear mysterious I always wear something oriental then I am mysterious, exotic, sexy and well HOT!..