Code of Conduct

Default Bulgari Aqua = NOT Bulgari Marine, Right?

so i walked in sephora today and wanted to smell bulgari aqua but no tester was out however its cohort marine sure was. the lady asked if i needed help. i said would you mind bringing out aqua so i can smell as a tester? she said aqua marine is the same exact thing as bulgari aqua; the just repackaged it.

I was like lady what are you saying!

She said they are nearly identical in scent. Um, hello! I said there's even a website clearly describing the difference (BN came to mind). she got frustrated by my choice of words and irritatingly said okay,.. let me go see if there's a tester.

it's not my fault she gave me false information on bulgari aqua. they are no where alike (marine).
    Last edited by Dudester!; 29th July 2009 at 03:29 AM.

Default Re: Bulgari Aqua = NOT Bulgari Marine, Right?

Correct, they aren't the same scent, and they're quite different

I do like both, but she's dumm

Typical SA response. Marine and the original aren't the same. Similarities yes but Marine has a stronger citrus in the topnotes. I prefer the original Aqua.

Quote Originally Posted by alacious View Post
    Correct, they aren't the same scent, and they're quite different

I do like both, but she's dumm
    LoL!

thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    Typical SA response. Marine and the original aren't the same. Similarities yes but Marine has a stronger citrus in the topnotes. I prefer the original Aqua.

Yeah, Aqua is much nicer IMO too.

Yes, different scents. Typical SA response. Almost every time I ask a fragrance that is not available at the counter, the SA would reply, "It has been discontinued." Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    Yeah, Aqua is much nicer IMO too.
    Do you detect any similarities between the topnotes of Marine and 212 Men ?

Quote Originally Posted by zliang View Post
    Yes, different scents. Typical SA response. Almost every time I ask a fragrance that is not available at the counter, the SA would reply, "It has been discontinued." Sigh.
    Same here. I think "It has been discontinued." its their favourite line. I remember asking about D&G PH when i first started on BN. The SA said that PH was discontinued and was replaced with Light Blue PH which he said was a much better fragrance. So i told him that PH was widely available online and overseas. He shrugged it off and insisted that those overseas and online were old stock. But thanks to my cousin in UK i managed to get a bottle of PH and i'm loving it.
    Last edited by JoNnY 4; 29th July 2009 at 04:33 AM.

Do you detect any similarities between the topnotes of Marine and 212 Men ?
    sure, i think the same., they are very close !!! but 212-h2o share a better sillage and longevity...

He shrugged it off and insisted that those overseas and online were old stock.
    That's one of the most annoying things. It's like they think that no one would know better than them. I find that the best SAs are Guerlain's. They know the scents (at least those available at the counter), can tell their personal preference, and ask yours (hence, not always pushing the latest release).

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Dudester.
    Last edited by zliang; 29th July 2009 at 04:53 AM.

I think the SA was just full of it!

That SA should be taught a lesson for misguiding a prospective consumer....I am sure she knew she was lying or she wasn't then she shouldn't be in that place selling perfumes...

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    That SA should be taught a lesson for misguiding a prospective consumer....I am sure she knew she was lying or she wasn't then she shouldn't be in that place selling perfumes...
    Absolutely! and she looked me squarely in the eye as if she knew she had game when it came to fragrances. i also heard the discontinued line, if i remember correctly it was body kouros, over the phone, she said discontinued.

she also said its the same thing just repackaging...um? that makes no sense, they had 2 different packages (one aqua, one marine) right next to each other at their annoying neon white stands.
    Last edited by Dudester!; 29th July 2009 at 06:34 AM.

Dependent

I'm just guessing they are trying to push Aqua Marine to unknowing customers, since it is less popular. Not too professional, but we've seen worse. Sorry you had to go through that. Misguidance whether deliberate or not, is quite frustrating, makes you not want to return...

Same here. I think "It has been discontinued." its their favourite line. I remember asking about D&G PH when i first started on BN. The SA said that PH was discontinued and was replaced with Light Blue PH which he said was a much better fragrance. So i told him that PH was widely available online and overseas. He shrugged it off and insisted that those overseas and online were old stock. But thanks to my cousin in UK i managed to get a bottle of PH and i'm loving it.
    I think by saying it's discontinued is there way of saying they no longer carry it. They may be misinformed, stupid, or just don't care and give that simple, generic answer. TBH, I think they say it knowing that the majority of customers won't think twice and just accept the answer.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Its all about the sale