Code of Conduct

Default Anyone seen a Platinum Egoiste with black cap?

There is a guy trying to sell a P Egoiste but in the picture, the cap is black, not the shiny silver. I have been searching all over the internet trying to find this but I cant. He claims that it is brand new, just without the box and he isn't selling anything else. Is this a limited edition version?

Default Re: Anyone seen a Platinum Egoiste with black cap?

If possible, check a Chanel outlet and ask the SAs or check the website. If you don't get an affirmative, better to avoid it.

Dependent

I agree that if you can't get a reputable confirmation before the offer ends, then its best to leave it. I personally have not come across or heard of any limited eds lately..

I think the cap of a normal Egoiste would fit the Platinum Egoiste.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    I think the cap of a normal Egoiste would fit the Platinum Egoiste.
    Agreed, either he is unwittingly and unknowingly selling you a bottle of Egoiste (black cap) or he has taken a cap from Egoiste and has put it on the bottle of Platinum Egoiste.
    For good, anatomic reasons, scent fosters memory more readily than any other sense.

Quote Originally Posted by rinosaur View Post
    There is a guy trying to sell a P Egoiste but in the picture, the cap is black, not the shiny silver. I have been searching all over the internet trying to find this but I cant. He claims that it is brand new, just without the box and he isn't selling anything else. Is this a limited edition version?
    What does it say on the bottle? Egoiste or PE? It's better to ask him to clarify the black cap.

Also, ask why it doesn't come with the box. Either it's a tester bottle or it's from a coffret. If it's the former, I think recent Chanel testers don't come with a cap. As for the later, it should come with the actual PE cap. Well, there is another possibility, that's he got it that way, but that'll just increase the risk.
    Last edited by zliang; 26th July 2009 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zliang View Post
    What does it say on the bottle? Egoiste or PE? It's better to ask him to clarify the black cap.

Also, ask why it doesn't come with the box. Either it's a tester bottle or it's from a coffret. If it's the former, I think recent Chanel testers don't come with a cap. As for the later, it should come with the actual PE cap. Well, there is another possibility, that's he got it that way, but that'll just increase the risk.
    You're right, Chanel testers come in a plain white box with no cap. It's strange because I'd have thought if you had PE it would be easier to source another PE cap than an Egoiste cap.

Check what it says on the bottle, my gut instinct says he's selling Egoiste
    For good, anatomic reasons, scent fosters memory more readily than any other sense.

It was on craigslist, it says Platinum Egoiste on the bottle so I'm guessing he just put an Egoiste cap on it but he also says it was new (tester probably). Too bad the Chanel testers just have a small easily removable sticker that denotes them.

Quote Originally Posted by rinosaur View Post
    It was on craigslist, it says Platinum Egoiste on the bottle so I'm guessing he just put an Egoiste cap on it but he also says it was new (tester probably). Too bad the Chanel testers just have a small easily removable sticker that denotes them.
    Most of the Chanel testers that I've seen lately have Tester etched on the bottle...A few however come with removable stickers instead....

I'd be cautious as it could be very well a fake too...I've recently encountered (on ebay) a lot of very well made fakes of Chanel Chance, No 5 & Allure homme sport.

Post Re: Anyone seen a Platinum Egoiste with black cap?

I have never seen Platinum Egoiste with any cap other silver. Could be a plausible explanation, but if you have any doubts walk away.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

don't take the risk

Yea if it seems fishy dont bother with it. PE is so readily available it would be sill to take the risk. If you want some cheaper than RRP check the sales threads here.

I have a regular Egoiste tester that came with a plain black cap and a sort of paper wrapper that is not really a box.