Code of Conduct

Thread: ScentTwin

Default ScentTwin

Have you ever found something like a scent twin here on basenotes??
    Someone who loves and wears the same scents
    It must be very intersting and useful to have someone like that

Default Re: ScentTwin

Would be cool if they incorporated a search function for those with similar wardrobes... I think Matthew Foo likes the same things as me, not sure of anyone else.

Blog Entries

At the beginning of the year, we had a thread on the Female Fragrance Discussion board where we talked about this:

Fragrance twins/opposites?

I say start one up on the boy's side if you want to!
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

One more vote for the similar wardrobe search. And I also noticed that, in spite of several minor differences (divergent opinions on Kouros and Azzaro Visit) my fragrance wardrobe tastes seem to be quite similar to the ones of someone who is, incidentally, one of my favorite reviewers too, namely:
    Naed Nitram.
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 28th July 2009 at 11:54 PM.

Closest to a scent twin for me would be Matthew Foo. We got quite a few frags in common. I do look out for his reviews because we live in the same part of the world so i can get an idea of how the climate affects the frag. Although Matt has now gone down the niche road...LOL...and i'm still stuck in designerville. I did get a lot of really useful advice from Matt and so far he is always spot on. Cheers to you Matthew Foo

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Big Punisher View Post
    Would be cool if they incorporated a search function for those with similar wardrobes... I think Matthew Foo likes the same things as me, not sure of anyone else.
    It's wonderful to know of another M7 and Fahrenheit lover!

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    Closest to a scent twin for me would be Matthew Foo. We got quite a few frags in common. I do look out for his reviews because we live in the same part of the world so i can get an idea of how the climate affects the frag. Although Matt has now gone down the niche road...LOL...and i'm still stuck in designerville. I did get a lot of really useful advice from Matt and so far he is always spot on. Cheers to you Matthew Foo
    Jon, its been an absolute pleasure and honor to have known you and your taste in frags! Yes and especially since we are from the same part of the world. My taste in designer has not changed much really, I still love them as much as you do. I am just really glad that I was of any help at all, cheers to you too my friend and scent twin
    Last edited by MFJ; 29th July 2009 at 07:54 PM.

He's out there somewhere, I'll keep looking!

It would be cool if there was a similar wardrobe search function. Jumping in on that boat.

Yeh - some way of knowing who shares similar tastes would be cool - I tend to jump in when a certain frag or line comes up for discussion but so far that's it . . . Ody is certanily my 'piney herbal guy' to go to as he seems to have that area sussed . . .

Basenotes Institution

I have several people here on BN, who have spookily similar tastes in fragrances as I do. It's one of the reasons why I keep sticking around this site. It's very validating.

My tastes are so oddball and particular that I tend to interact with a pretty defined group...Maybe BN could someday have easy access to a social networking-like feature which would allow us to find easy links to chosen likes....."Team Chypre" for instance, or "Scent of an Old Lady" for the Vintage-lovers! (OK, those would be my faves...but it would be nice to self-select some categories and then be able to see all the others who self-selected the same....

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by YouCanCallMeMo View Post
    My tastes are so oddball and particular that I tend to interact with a pretty defined group...Maybe BN could someday have easy access to a social networking-like feature which would allow us to find easy links to chosen likes....."Team Chypre" for instance, or "Scent of an Old Lady" for the Vintage-lovers! (OK, those would be my faves...but it would be nice to self-select some categories and then be able to see all the others who self-selected the same....
    There is something like that in the "user-created Social Groups" i think. With more participation, members could list their frags in the groups and compare

Thanks, Matthewfoo....I just went and checked that out....I would love if that feature were more actively used...it would be very helpful for the obsessives among us!
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*