Code of Conduct

Default Help picking new cologne

I'm ordering some scents from beautyencounter since their coupon ends soon and needed help on 1 more cologne.

Ordering Hugo Boss Element + Burberry The Beat (for women) for my girl

Colognes I already have:

Versace Man Eau Fraiche, bvlgari aqua, Gucci pour homme 2, ysl l'homme, hugo boss in motion, hugo boss selection, hypnose, Tommy Freedom, Echo Davidoff, Hugo Boss Dark Blue, l'eau d'issey and a bunch of other small ones

I want a new cologne (2008+) with a nice citrusy/aquatic scent. I really love Element, but I went to sephora and didn't smell anything else that was new that was good, they also didn't have too many new releases to even smell. Anyways if someone judging from my collection can pick a good one that would match my taste I'd appreciate it. Not more than $55 please, so nothing too too expensive. Thanks,

Default Re: Help picking new cologne

You seem to really like the aquatic/citrus/fresh type fragrances....here's a little list of suggestions

-Kenzo Tokyo
    -Herrera 212 Men
    -Versace Baby Blue Jeans
    -Chanel Allure Sport
    -Cool Water Cool Summer (sold in discount stores cheap!)
    -Diesel Fuel For Life
    -Joop! Electric Heat (Homme, Go, Jump)

You can't beat aqua di gio or Issey Miyake which you have for the category in your criterion.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Want something new that's aquatic and citrusy? Versace pour Homme

Issey Miyake Intense is the best recommendation I have for your current selection
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Tokyo is fantastic! Not a sillage monster though, if you want that. Fresh, vibrant, clean with a touch of peppery excitement.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Tokyo is an excellent choice.

L' Eau par Kenzo
    Mugler Cologne
    Hugh Parson's blue
    Solo Loewe (a bit citrusy, yet not aquatic)

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    Want something new that's aquatic and citrusy? Versace pour Homme
    I had to thank you, because I ended up going with Versace Pour Homme and it's AMAZING! I thought it would smell like l'eau fraiche but it's much more manly and less salty. I also bought Hugo Boss Element and I don't find it strong at all. I have to buy my girlfriend Burberry Brit Sheer, so I might as well buy myself another cologne, do you have anymore recommendations for a new good cologne? Something I guess a bit more fruity/citrus mixed with fresh and new (2008+).

l'eau D' Issey Intense, It's citrusy with a Punch of pepper, Longevity and sillage is ace!

Kenzo power, Fizzy citrus opening, with a light floral as mid/base, ok longevity and sillage.

Perry Ellis red, ADG on the cheap, lasts and projects about the same.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

I'm an aquatic fan and I find it hard to like Element. Try not to care so much about what year the frag was released. Some recommendations...Versace PH, Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude, Solo Loewe, Cool Water Deep and Live Jazz.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Blog Entries

D&G Light Blue might be an option. The citrus top notes are quite nice IMO, and it has a soft, fresh dry down.

Since you're getting the Beat for her, you should just go ahead and throw in the pour homme.