Code of Conduct

Default More information on the new Profumum Roma releases

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, Profumum Roma will soon be releasing two new creations. Here are some further details:

Aqvae Nobilis

"Nobility of the soul, nobility of the heart and expression... nobility in her clearest form."

Notes: geranium, vetiver, musk, absinthe

Oxiana

"The journey, the quest, the way. The East meeting the West. Stories without time and space. Dimensions that, by caressing the soul, bring wonderful images and scents."

Notes: musk, patchouli, opoponax, myrrh

So, it sounds like Oxiana will be focusing on musk while Aqvae Nobilis will be a geranium scent.
    Last edited by Trebor; 31st July 2009 at 09:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: More information on the new Profumum Roma releases

These each have things to interest me:
    AN's absinthe note (dusky green) could combine well with grassy-earthy vetiver and bright geranium.
    Oxiana's opoponax - myrrh combo has great potential.
    Of course, sampling will be essential here.
    Thanks for the info, Trebor.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! Acvae Nobilis, looks fantastic. And Profumum's prices don't.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Post Thanks / Like

ooooh...these both sounds fantastic! Thanks for the info!
    If in Oxiana they are using the same musk and patchouli as in Thundra, combined with opoponax and myrrh...wow...I think that's gonna be a great one!
    (Thundra is already one of my three all time favorite scents...it's absolutely perfect.)
    Last edited by arlecchino; 31st July 2009 at 02:00 PM.
    I wanna say something. Im gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you dont, send it right back."

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have any idea when these are released?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Anyone have any idea when these are released?
    My dear boy, I've been checking myself but no further information as yet. I'm getting very impatient to try these.

Not a big musk fan but opoponax & myrrh are two of my favorite notes. I'm looking forward to hearing expert reviews of this fragrance from you guys.

Morning Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    Not a big musk fan but opoponax & myrrh are two of my favorite notes. I'm looking forward to hearing expert reviews of this fragrance from you guys.
    I love all three of these notes, and will gladly tolerate the patchouli to have them. I'll be waiting for Lucky Scent to make Oxiana available for sampling ...

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    My dear boy, I've been checking myself but no further information as yet. I'm getting very impatient to try these.
    I thought if anyone knew, it'd be you Trebor. LOL. Thanks...

Luckyscent just got them in yesterday (I was on their website, the very moment they were uploading the photos and info):

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/categ.../Profumum.html

Aquae Nobilis sounds absolutely amazing but I'm not too sure about Oxiana...

Anyway, I will be in Florence, next week, so I'll smell them there!
    Last edited by Trebor; 24th December 2009 at 09:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

It`s strange Luckyscent still point out the old bottles of Victrix, Antico Caruso and Santalum. These have all got new color, warm brown/orange.

Post Thanks / Like

I really want to try Aquae Nobilis, it sounds amazing.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I really want to try Aquae Nobilis, it sounds amazing.
    I really hope Aquae Nobilis has better lasting power than both Victrix and Ichnusa (and I enjoyed both compositions to a certain degree). I would really love to own a green scent from this house.

Hopefully, it's something that isn't strictly a warm weather scent - that and disappointing longevity would be complete deal breakers for me.
    Last edited by Trebor; 25th December 2009 at 09:00 PM.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Please post your thoughts about these Trebor when you smell them. I, like many here on Basenotes, respect your opinions on the Profumum line as you've tested numerous from the line and seem to have a geniune passion for a handful.

I will repeat what I have said before: If I ever win the lottery, one of the first fragrance purchases I will make will be buying 1 bottle of every one of the Profumum fragrances. I love so many of them, and yet they are all so expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Please post your thoughts about these Trebor when you smell them. I, like many here on Basenotes, respect your opinions on the Profumum line as you've tested numerous from the line and seem to have a geniune passion for a handful.

I will repeat what I have said before: If I ever win the lottery, one of the first fragrance purchases I will make will be buying 1 bottle of every one of the Profumum fragrances. I love so many of them, and yet they are all so expensive.
    Agreed. My favourite niche fragrance house. Very high quality. I bought Olibanum today!

Excited to try these. I just realized today how much I love some of their scents.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 30th December 2009 at 08:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Enyone try them yet? I`m still waiting for my samples..

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oxiana dries down to a spicy myrrh after a gentle green rush. It could be considered unisex. It has a rooty quality. It is a quiet frag, though.

Aquae Noblis is more masculine and just as the copy says, it is fresh sharp grass over something that is bright and alive. The vetiver and geranium are in concert here. I can't imagine this one will fail to please. Creamy & smooth but jazzy & fresh. It is a knock-out. I wish I could pull it off.

Well, after a small amount of time testing them, I have to say these are a little disappointing:

Oxiana

To my surprise, this is quite a demure, musk-laden version of Vanitas. Just take a look at the notes:

Vanitas: vanilla, myrrh, orange flower, sandalwood

Oxiana: musk, patchouli, opoponax, myrrh

See a resemblance? No? Well, take the composition of Vanitas and substitute the vanilla for opoponax, remove the subtle floral aspect with something earthy (patchouli), minus the sandalwood and ramp it up with a high concentration of musk. That's Oxiana.

At times, it possesses a 'rooty quality', as kumquat previously mentioned, but most of the time all I get is something akin to Vanitas-lite.

Aquae Noblis

Unfortunately, it's a case of dj vu with this one as well. This is very close to Victrix (albeit without the peppery accord) but with the laurel and coriander substituted with geranium. Once again, let's compare the notes:

Victrix: Pink pepper, vetiver, laurel, coriander, musk

Aquae Noblis: geranium, vetiver, musk, absinthe

I think the addition of absinthe is to add a bit more oomph to the green/woody notes but I found Aquae Noblis to be weaker, in presence, than Oxiana. As for longevity, I really can't comment at this point but already feel that they'll be (at the most) medium strength, when compared to other Profumum releases.

Overall, both are honourable creations but, personally, I was expecting something completely new from Profumum and that's the root of my disappointment. Still, a lot of money has been saved, for which I should be thankful...
    Last edited by Trebor; 6th January 2010 at 02:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think I should add to my original assessment of Oxiana. As I wore it for the next few hours, it wafted so beautifully, I was really impressed. I think in the end, it is the myrrh the makes this one hang together. It gives the overall impression of an old style fragrance such as Acqua di Parma Profumo. Hard to describe, it also reminds me of Mazzolari Vetiver. It has a soft "mink fur" drydown. I am smitten with this one and think it is definitely worth a try. This may be the more feminine of the two.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm bumping this thread again to see if anyone has tried these yet....