Code of Conduct

Default How can I tell when to wear a frag?

Hi everyone,

I am trying to figure out the appropriate time to wear a fragrance. I have read some posts that mention that a fragrance is for daytime/work/casual/evening/formal, etc.and/or winter/summer.

I have a collection of fragrances and the only thing that I know is that I like (or love in some cases) how they smell on me. I have no idea how to go about figuring out when an appropriate time is to wear any given fragrance.

I have the following fragrances in my collection:

Bulgari Omnia Crystalline
    Coco Mademoiselle
    Versace Bright Crystal
    Gucci Envy Me
    Ralph Lauren Romance
    Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue

I have also tried and loved Creed Silver Mountain Water which I am trying to talk my wallet into purchasing

If you have any advice I would love to hear it!

Thanks,

Sloana

Dependent

Default Re: How can I tell when to wear a frag?

Hi and Welcome Sloana!

Looks like a nice collection there. I think many refer to relatively lighter citrus/floral/aquatic scents as casual/day/summer because they reflect or suit the mood. Wearing heavier powdery/ambery/incensy oriental and warmer scents would suit a semi-formal/formal/winter situation better because they would not get overly cloying in the cold as opposed to the heat or outdoors.

I would personally suggest wearing whatever you feel comfortable with because there really are no rules behind when to wear something. You have to try and decide for yourself really. Since its tropically hot and humid here all year round, I wear scents like SMW when I know I would be spending more time outdoors. personally SMW is a casual scent for the day, but I have no qualms wearing it for a nice chill out session in the evening as well, as long as it suits my mood. SMW is wonderful isn't it

Hello Sloana and welcome!

I agree with Matthew in that you should wear what you're in the mood for.
    I think you could pull off any of your frags for daytime, depending on your job or other day to day situation. Maybe you could save the "loudest" ones for nighttime, weekends, parties, etc.

Good luck and have fun!
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

I wear fragrances usually 24/7. Sometimes i wear formal fragrances when I am at home in my basketball shorts and a tee. Sometimes I wear informal scents when I go out on a date with my wife. i wear what I am in the mood for. I usually do not let the situation dictate what fragrance I should wear.

Sometimes i wear formal fragrances when I am at home in my basketball shorts and a tee ... I usually do not let the situation dictate what fragrance I should wear.
    Right on.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Everyone else pretty much summed it up Just wear whatever you find suitable. Each person has their own idea of what is good for certain occasions

Thanks everyone