Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Had To Wear Old Spice For A Month....Lossed A Bet

I actually own a vintage bottle of it, which at the time was called Early American (in smaller print) Old Spice (large print) by Shulton and it smells wonderful. i found it in a consignment shop for $1.00, and it is such a wonderful scent. Scent does not always have to be so involved, complex, or expensive to smell simply wonderful.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source

I adore the aftershave, don't like the EdC very much though

Is the vintage EdC closer to the current aftershave?

I am not the hugest Old Spice fan, but I don't dislike it, and it gave us that recent fantastic series of ads with Bruce Campbell!

Dependent

Old spice(and eau sauvage) brings back pleasant memories of my grandfather. haven't smelled it in a while, but this thread is making me want to sniff if all over again.

I like Old Spice as well. I probably wear it as often as anything else.

Your bet could have been a lot worse. You could have had to wear Terre d'Hermes for a month.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I would be a bit mortified to wear Old Spice, as nice as it is, I'm just not into smelling like my dead dad.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 3rd August 2009 at 03:34 AM.

AromiErotici

I like Old Spice. I don't like any frag so much that I'd voluntarily wear it a month straight, but in rotation, OS is good to go. It reminds me of my childhood, yet it's more than nostalgia. It is simply a pleasant frag.

I was out doing the weekly shopping and I picked up a new bottle of old spice aftershave as the one I used a few years ago belonged to my father.

What's happened they have taken out the spicy bite from the fragrance and tamed the scent. The one I used some years ago must have been the old fragrance before they toned it down.

Its still nice but they have weakened it, don't you hate it when they start messing around with the old classics. If it is not broken don't try to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I was out doing the weekly shopping and I picked up a new bottle of old spice aftershave as the one I used a few years ago belonged to my father.

What's happened they have taken out the spicy bite from the fragrance and tamed the scent. The one I used some years ago must have been the old fragrance before they toned it down.

Its still nice but they have weakened it, don't you hate it when they start messing around with the old classics. If it is not broken don't try to fix it.
    I stick more with the cologne. IMO. it's not simply stronger. I have come to the conclusion that there was also an attempt made to make it more of a bearable after shave...
    Last edited by ortho123; 7th August 2009 at 02:50 PM.

My first frag was a bottle of Old Spice and the matching aftershave, both in the old style ceramic bottles. It introduced me to the world of fragrance and for that it will always have a special place in my heart. It's a great frag and most people who mock it are doing so out of reflex instead of experience.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post

I agree, the newer version is more powdery and lame, plus the sillage and longevity suck. Old Old Spice is way better.