Code of Conduct

Default SculptureOfSoul was right: żIs Playboy's HOLLYWOOD a rip-off of Amouage's REFLECTION?

Yesterday I tried Playboy's Hollywood and it reminded a lot of Amouage's Reflection... Have you felt the same?
    What about sillage and longevity of this Playboy cheap fragance?
    Thanks in advance!
    Regards.-
    Last edited by glovesg; 2nd August 2009 at 09:07 PM.

Default Re: SculptureOfSoul was right: żIs Playboy's HOLLYWOOD a rip-off of Amouage's REFLECT

Do you think it will satisfy your Amouage Reflection void? Curious, as I wouldn't mind saving a couple hundred bucks myself

Default Re: SculptureOfSoul was right: żIs Playboy's HOLLYWOOD a rip-off of Amouage's REFLECT

Sorry, I meant to test this this weekend but I didn't get the chance to. I will test it by next weekend at the latest.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Joop! Homme can also function as a Reflection alternative, I've read. I also have an attar that betters Reflection. Kinda funny, considering the cost of the Amouage.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Can I ask how much the attar costed and for what quantity? Also, can you get more of this and would you perhaps be interested in picking some up for a fellow BNer?

I don't have any disposable income for frags right now after splurging on Lyric but down the road I'd be interested in something that betters Reflection.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 3rd August 2009 at 05:17 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

It's a locally made attar named Khadin and It was a gift to me from a friend. I have contacted him myself for more supplies as I've got just about ~2ml left. According to the latest update though, it's sold out and it won't be manufactured again until next Summer [Next summer in India starts next March].

That said, I have spoken over the phone to the perfumer himself and requested to let me have a little from the tiny stock they maintain as "Samples". I'm hoping to hear from him soon and if I manage to get my hands on some, i'll only be too glad to share 1ml with you, no problems there.

i have some of Khadin left. i'd be happy to send it across SoS...and yeh, i got it from the same source as Amit. however, i don't see any similarity between Khadin and Refelctions..but thats just me.

on reflections, it's my least favortite Amouage...i think Amouage should stick to what they do best which is, bring out the secrets of Middle east in it's best quality and opulence. with Refelctions it seems they sold out..and were trying to so a Creed stunt.. i'd opt for Creed Himalaya over Reflections. both have this soft, white halo like quality about it..which is far more soothing and impressive in Himalaya..
    Last edited by jenson; 3rd August 2009 at 06:50 AM.

The very opening of Khadin is an intense blast of rooty orris that mellows out into a soft iris dominated by vetiver and woods/florals/spices at which stage it resembles Reflection Man the most. I would be astonished if one who has tested them both would claim to find no similarity between them, even more so when they declare of detecting similarities in the most polar opposite of fragrances.

I'm just glad to have gotten a hold of this locally.
    Last edited by Amit; 3rd August 2009 at 10:33 AM. Reason: typo, thought

I finally tested Hollywood on my skin awhile back and it does share *some* similarities with reflection. However, I find it far more chemically, and it dries down to a disgusting sweet amber note. I think it shares the note with the new Halle Berry for women but in the Halle Berry sent it is used with a lighter hand and actually smells nice.

So yes, Hollywood could function in place of Reflection but it doesn't have the evolution or depth. It's also lacking the slightly medicinal camphor note that Reflection has that i absolutely love, not to mention the spices in the early stages are not as nice, and of course the latter stages of the drydown are quite different.

I think Reflection uses a fair bit of real orris root as when my sample ran out I diluted it down with some water and alcohol to get a few extra drops worth for one final (weaker) sampling, and now there are little bits of solidified matter in the sample vial, much like how real orris extract solidifies in vials when not in the presence of strong alcohol. It looks almost exactly the same as a small and 99.5% empty vial of orris butter I have laying around.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!