Code of Conduct

Default Best of Annick Goutal

I recently purchased a small bottle of Annick Goutal Passion and was thoroughly impressed with the quality and longevity of the scent, not to mention how beautiful it actually smelled.

I was wondering what everyone's favourites or reccomendations from this brand are - I'm very interested in testing out a few more but the place that sells AG has a limited selection to test and I would most likely buy them online.

I like sweet, gourmand or floral fragrances but am open to trying anything

TIA
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Dependent

Default Re: Best of Annick Goutal

Personally I really love the new Les Orientalistes 4 that I own:

Ambre Fétiche
    Encens Flamboyant
    Musc Nomade
    Myrrhe Ardente

I also tried and really enjoy: Mandragore, Eau de Lavande

Sur la Plage

My favorite is Sables.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Mandragore is really growing on me, and I am looking forward to trying Mandragore Pourpre.

Basenotes Institution

I adore Passion too- what a great scent - unusual and very long lasting .I also love Songes which is a little similar to Passion , of course Gardenia Passion, Vanille Exquise ( though it doesn't last long ! )
    I am completely anosmic to Musc Nomade - what a shame !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 3rd August 2009 at 03:26 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Off-Scenter

I have a hard time with many Annick Goutal fragrances, (I'm struggling through a trial and review of Songes as I write,) but I think Heure Exquise is magnificent and would recommend it to anyone who has an interest in floral chypre scents. I also admire Eau de Ciel (lovely bright green floral in the Chanel No. 19 mold), Le Chèvrefeuille (one of the best "honeysuckles" out there), and Eau de Sud (solid woody/herbaceous citrus, and much more interesting to me than the more popular Eau d'Hadrien).
    Last edited by Off-Scenter; 4th August 2009 at 02:27 AM.

Blog Entries

My favorite florals of Goutal's are La Violette, Ce Soir Ou Jamais (like a Bulgarian rose potpourri), and the discontinued Des Lys (lilies). I have Eau d'Hadrian but don't wear it often-- there are other citruses I prefer.

My husband loves Mandragore, and I also prefer it on him rather than on me and am looking forward to his testing the more intense version Mandragore Pourpre.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 3rd August 2009 at 06:58 PM. Reason: those pesky tags!

Mandragore and Duel.

The Mandragore is almost a unisex scent. Heck, I also can wear Duel.
    Last edited by Primrose; 3rd August 2009 at 07:15 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Eau De Fier

Thumbs up Re: Best of Annick Goutal

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    My favorite is Sables.
    Mine too!!!! It's the only one I've Smelled.

I love Eau d'Hadrien and Les Nuits d'Hadrien, very bright citruses. Sables is a very rich, warm comfort scent.

Thanks for the recs everyne - what a variety of responses! I will take note all of these and go sniffing

Thanks for the scent descriptions, Vibert - Le Chèvrefeuille sounds amazing. I adore honeysuckle, but I haven't before seen that particular fragrance mentioned before, I'll definitely be checking it out!

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:

LipPrint,

Not sure where you're sniffing, but DJs carry quite a few; and Kleins carry some others; Paint and Powder probably have some also.

My faves - in no order - Duel, Sables, Amber Fetiche.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Rudi View Post
    LipPrint,

Not sure where you're sniffing, but DJs carry quite a few; and Kleins carry some others; Paint and Powder probably have some also.

My faves - in no order - Duel, Sables, Amber Fetiche.
    Thanks for the recs

I just discovered that DJs sells Annick Goutal so I had a play there yesterday, I haven't yet been to either Kleins or P&P - I'll have to look them up

Currently lusting after:

Out of Annick Goutal I love

Sables
    Eau D'Hadrein
    Encens Flamboyent
    and their new one which is great

Un Matin D'Orsage
    It's a great ozonic gardenia

I generaly hate ozonics
    and I generaly hate gardenias
    but this one is
    lovely
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc

Late to the party but from a guy's perspective I rate Encens Flamboyant (prefer it to the Armani Prive Bois d'Encens which is similar but drier), Duel EDT is a nice EDC style alternative to straight up citrus when in the mood for something 'leaning towards tea but not tea' and I also rate Madragore as another very original take on the EDC summer splash style and I'm considering getting the EDP to see if using the two together might actually prolong the enjoyment beyond five minutes or so in the heat.

Thanks for heads up on Madragore Pourpre - very interested to check this one out.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 4th August 2009 at 07:36 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by TheLipPrint View Post
    I just discovered that DJs sells Annick Goutal so I had a play there yesterday, I haven't yet been to either Kleins or P&P - I'll have to look them up
    Ahhh. I'm in Adelaide and an all too infrequent visitor to Melbourne. I can't believe you haven't taken yourself yet to:

Paint'n Powder at Shop 13, Royal Arcade

Kleins, 313 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Rudi View Post
    Ahhh. I'm in Adelaide and an all too infrequent visitor to Melbourne. I can't believe you haven't taken yourself yet to:

Paint'n Powder at Shop 13, Royal Arcade

Kleins, 313 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy

Enjoy.
    Scared of what I might do in a lovely shop like that haha Thanks for addresses I'm planning a day trip now

Currently lusting after:

Far be if for me to tell someone in Melbourne about their options. You do know that you can have the Frederic Malle booth experience at Mecca Cosmetica on Toorak Road ?

166 Toorak Road, South Yarra

Blog Entries

Regarding Chevrefeuille, be sure to try before your buy. It doesn't smell anything like honeysuckle to me-- at least, not the yellow honeysuckle that I am familiar with.

Tania Sanchez in Perfumes: The Guide wrote the following review of AG Chevrefeuille:

Chevrefeuille ***lemongrass tomato
    Honeysuckle is impossible: you can make it happen in photorealistic detail for an exciting half minute (see Demeter's Honeysuckle), but you can't build a full perfume on it because it never holds together. That's why Goutal's honeysuckle isn't one. Instead, it's a garden fantasy of citronellal and tomato stems, a tom yum soup without the fish. TS"

BTW I have Demeter's honeysuckle but I don't recommend it. And SMN Caprifoglio also isn't honeysuckle-- it's more like neroli.

I love honeysuckle as well but have not found a really good one yet. Closest so far is Ann Taylor's Honeysuckle Orange Nectar body spray and lotion, but they are relatively fleeting.

Ambre Fétiche my fav!