Code of Conduct

Default Tom Ford Private Blend

just blew me away !!! And I just had to buy them. Bought Black Violet and Champaca Absolute at Neiman Marcus today. I absolutely love the Black Violet. Before today, it was all French, French and French fragrance for me. But after a talk with the sales rep. at Neiman Marcus, I now know what Tom Ford Private Blend is all about and they absolutely are amazing, to say the least. Well, 2 for now, more to come later. But they are expensive, 180 bucks for 50ml. Man, gotta keep things under control. But if I am to get anything else right now, it would be Tom Ford Private Blend, though.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Tom Ford Private Blend

Nice one, Pug911.

I have Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather and amber Absolute.

Could you please briefly describe Black Violet? What is its sillage and longevity like?
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Congrats with your purchases! Champaca Absolute doesn't get as much love as, say, Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Black Orchid, etc.. I think they did a fantastic job with this line. Enjoy!!

Congrats on the purchase Pug!
    I am anxious to hear your opinion of Black Violet. My wife was given a 4ml sample when we purchased TV the other night. She seems to be leaning toward Noir De Noir so I may try the BV out for myself.

Looks like you're on a roll. Hope you enjoy your new acquisitions! Tom Ford as a house has lots of gems, though I have to agree that $180 for 50ml is harsh.

I am another huge fan of the Tom Ford Private blends...

The ones that I own are Tuscan Leather and Tobacco Vanille. Without any doubt these two appear to be the most popular...The ones that I have tried and am waiting to buy are Noir de Noir and Champaca Absolute....I've tested Black Violet too but it was far too sweet & 'violety' for my taste....

I really love Noir de Noir, but a couple of my friends said it was way too feminine and didn't think I should get it. I know it's wrong, but that has put me off buying it.

I love (Full bottle worthy at retail price):
    Tuscan Leather
    Noir de Noir

I like (decent, possibly decant/split worthy):
    Moss Breches
    Tobacco Vanille
    Amber Absolute
    Arabian Wood
    Italian Cypress
    Japan Noir
    Oud Wood
    Champaca Absolute

Did not like (unmemorable):
    Black Violet
    Bois Rouge
    Neroli Portofino
    Purple Patchouli

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    I really love Noir de Noir, but a couple of my friends said it was way too feminine and didn't think I should get it. I know it's wrong, but that has put me off buying it.
    I personally see absolutely nothing "feminine" about it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    Noir de Noir smells amazing.......beautiful mix of rose, saffron and aoud....Rose lovers should definitely try this...men who are obviously not comfortable wearing rose, they would surely consider this 'not masculine'.....I have an empty vial of this stuff and every time I sniff it I tell myself that I must must get this...however the only thing thats holding me back is that I got poor longevity from this...unlike Tuscan Leather and Tobacco Vanille...both these last ages on me....However if I get a good deal on Noir de Noir I wont miss an oppurtunity to grab it...

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Noir de Noir smells amazing.......beautiful mix of rose, saffron and aoud....Rose lovers should definitely try this...men who are obviously not comfortable wearing rose, they would surely consider this 'not masculine'.....I have an empty vial of this stuff and every time I sniff it I tell myself that I must must get this...however the only thing thats holding me back is that I got poor longevity from this...unlike Tuscan Leather and Tobacco Vanille...both these last ages on me....However if I get a good deal on Noir de Noir I wont miss an oppurtunity to grab it...
    Or get Micallef's Aoud Homme (rose, saffron and oud). Lasts over 12 hours on my skin. Sampled Noir de Noir just 3 days ago. I was underwhelmed, and disappointed. More so because i actually would have bought it on the spot.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

i have never smelled thsi fragrance