Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1

    Default Looking for everyday fragrance; already research done

    I'm looking for a fragrance I can wear every day. I'd like something fresh; my research has proven, that what I consider to be "fresh" often translates into "citrus" and "green tea".

    Specifically, I do have a bottle of l'eau par Kenzo, of which I love the opening. Like many reviewers though, I really hate that it disappears so fast. So, add long-lasting to my wish list.

    Now that I look at the Fragrance Notes posted for it, I find neither citrus nor green tea among them, so take my words with a grain of salt and rather judge by the smell.

    I also like Carthusia's "Mediterraneo" but it gets a little boring after a little time plus it's not really cheap. I'd be willing to spend up to 80€ for 100ml of EdT.

    From browsing through the forum, I've the following on my "to smell" list:

    - Bulgari pour Homme (Extreme)

    - Bulgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert (Extreme)


    Are there any further suggestions? I live in a large city and have probably access to almost any fragrance there is. Every suggestion would be very welcome.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Looking for everyday fragrance; already research done

    I can't help too much on the tea side, but for everyday fragrances that fall into the fresh side of things and you could wear to an office or just about anywhere, i'd highly reccomend Mugler Cologne (smells extremely "green", super-fresh) or Paul Smith Story (grapefruit & ivy settles down into vetiver)

  3. #3

    Default Re: Looking for everyday fragrance; already research done

    2nd mugler colgne for fresh....also love Bulgari PH extreme for tea note and great office scent.
    Try Terre de hermes its really different from those two...but you might like it!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Looking for everyday fragrance; already research done

    The Best fragrance i've tried so far war 212 H2O from Carolina Herrera & unfortunately it's a limited edition.

    I suggest that you try Nina Ricci Memoire d'Homme, it's my fragrance of choice and match your criteria very well.

    There is also Boss In Motion a very nice citrus fragrance.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Looking for everyday fragrance; already research done

    Thanks a lot for the recommendations so far. I'll give them a try. I haven't heard of Mugler before; can I find it in a large warehouse?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Looking for everyday fragrance; already research done

    For green tea scents try to check out L'Occitane, their tea scents are above-average IMO. Mugler cologne as well, very safe scent, but very appreciated by most people who have had the chance to smell it. Might be on the cheaper side, but also try 4711, its a classic cologne and has very refreshing properties.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Looking for everyday fragrance; already research done

    Quote Originally Posted by blackbook View Post
    I haven't heard of Mugler before; can I find it in a large warehouse?
    Yeah, you should be able to find it in most major department stores, or Sephoras, or anything like that. Mugler also does the popular line of Angel perfumes for women, and the relatively popular A*Men for men, so Mugler Cologne is pretty easy to find.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Looking for everyday fragrance; already research done

    The two you mentioned are factastic choices, Bulgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert (Extreme) is the most peaceful scent that I have ever come across and the only thing I would use on long haul flights. Bulgari pour Homme (Extreme) is very elegant and lasting but in a delicate manner. Two scents that I'll like to mention for an every day fresh long lasting scent are Eau D'Orange Verte Extreme - wonderfully uplifting citrus and woods combination that is never overpowering but have such lasting qualities - the first thing I reach for in the mornings myself, the other scent is Trussardi Python Uomo - has tea and cypress and wonderful woody musky base - the cypress note is so invigating. If you are looking for a 'fresh' scent, may I suggest looking for one with cypress in it as it has such a green, fresh, uplifting and invigorating qualities to it. On that note, Blu Mediterraneo Cipresso Di Toscana (Cypress of Tuscany) from Aqua Di Parma is worth checking out.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Looking for everyday fragrance; already research done

    Parfumerie Generale L'Eau Rare Matale. (I keep recommending this lately.) It smells to me like tea and wet sharp gravel. Dark, but not spicy or thick.

    Crayfish

  10. #10
    Dependent

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,224

    Default Re: Looking for everyday fragrance; already research done

    If you like citrus and Darjeeling tea, you will most certainly love Bulgari Extreme. It has a lovely citrus(grapefruit?) opening and a wonderful tea dry-down. However, do not expect it to have good longevity. It is meant to be subtle and may last no longer than your kenzo - citrus/aquatic. L'eau d'Issey PH may be a common classic, but it fits your bill for a long lasting citrus scent - citrus/floral-aquatic. It does seem you have a nice budget to work around. Based on your liking for Tea, and citrus-aquatics, I would suggest a few more to try:

    Gucci Pour Homme II - Tea
    L'Artisan Perfumeur Tea For Two - Tea
    Creed Silver Mountain Water - fruity aquatic
    Creed Erolfa - Aquatic
    Creed Royal Water - Citrus
    Creed Millesime Imperial - Citrus
    Bulgari Aqua - Aquatic
    Bulgari Aqua Marine - citrus aquatic
    Clinique Happy for men - citrus aquatic
    Loewe Solo - citrus floral

    oh and welcome!
    Last edited by MFJ; 5th August 2009 at 10:01 PM.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Looking for everyday fragrance; already research done

    Quote Originally Posted by aaz View Post
    The two you mentioned are factastic choices, Bulgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert (Extreme) is the most peaceful scent that I have ever come across and the only thing I would use on long haul flights. Bulgari pour Homme (Extreme) is very elegant and lasting but in a delicate manner. Two scents that I'll like to mention for an every day fresh long lasting scent are Eau D'Orange Verte Extreme - wonderfully uplifting citrus and woods combination that is never overpowering but have such lasting qualities - the first thing I reach for in the mornings myself, the other scent is Trussardi Python Uomo - has tea and cypress and wonderful woody musky base - the cypress note is so invigating. If you are looking for a 'fresh' scent, may I suggest looking for one with cypress in it as it has such a green, fresh, uplifting and invigorating qualities to it. On that note, Blu Mediterraneo Cipresso Di Toscana (Cypress of Tuscany) from Aqua Di Parma is worth checking out.
    Thanks, I'm almost sure now that I'll buy a bottle of Bvlgari the vert.

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    If you like citrus and Darjeeling tea, you will most certainly love Bulgari Extreme. It has a lovely citrus(grapefruit?) opening and a wonderful tea dry-down. However, do not expect it to have good longevity. It is meant to be subtle and may last no longer than your kenzo - citrus/aquatic. L'eau d'Issey PH may be a common classic, but it fits your bill for a long lasting citrus scent - citrus/floral-aquatic. It does seem you have a nice budget to work around. Based on your liking for Tea, and citrus-aquatics, I would suggest a few more to try:

    Gucci Pour Homme II - Tea
    L'Artisan Perfumeur Tea For Two - Tea
    Creed Silver Mountain Water - fruity aquatic
    Creed Erolfa - Aquatic
    Creed Royal Water - Citrus
    Creed Millesime Imperial - Citrus
    Bulgari Aqua - Aquatic
    Bulgari Aqua Marine - citrus aquatic
    Clinique Happy for men - citrus aquatic
    Loewe Solo - citrus floral

    oh and welcome!
    Thanks a lot, I'll check them out.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Looking for everyday fragrance; already research done

    Quote Originally Posted by aaz View Post
    Eau D'Orange Verte Extreme - wonderfully uplifting citrus and woods combination that is never overpowering but have such lasting qualities - the first thing I reach for in the mornings myself
    Concentrée D'Orange Verte, actually. A great green citrus scent. I prefer the original Eau D'Orange Verte to the newer Concentrée, but I can say the Concentrée lasts 5x longer.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Looking for everyday fragrance; already research done

    Jil Sander Man, Loewe para Hombre, I also second Mugler Cologne and Eau d'Orange Verte

  14. #14
    vita odorifera
    perfaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lagos
    Posts
    7,315
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Looking for everyday fragrance; already research done

    Welcome to BaseNotes, blackbook.

    For citrus, you may also try Escencia Loewe and Lanvin Vetiver
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

    #BBOG!

  15. #15

    Default Re: Looking for everyday fragrance; already research done

    Thanks a lot for all the recommendations and especially for all the warm welcomes. It's much appreciated. When I'm in Berlin again, I'll test and then report!

  16. #16

    Default Re: Looking for everyday fragrance; already research done

    I second Matthew's recommendation of Tea for Two, it's by far the best tea scent I've come across.

    You can order an inexpensive sample pack from their website, http://www.artisanparfumeur.us.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Looking for everyday fragrance; already research done

    I second Matt's suggestion for Gucci Pour Homme II. It's a simple enough fragrance for everyday wear but more complex than most of today's rather forgettable and underwhelming scents.

Similar Threads

  1. Any civet fans out there?
    By costello in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 27th November 2013, 07:10 PM
  2. LeeScot's new fragrance testing thread!
    By LeeScot in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30th August 2008, 11:43 PM
  3. List of 2008 fragrance releases - which ones are you excited about?
    By mikeperez23 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 1st August 2008, 05:19 PM
  4. This Week in Fragrance News! (Satire)
    By chris2005 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24th October 2006, 09:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •