Code of Conduct

Default No Longevity or Sillage?

Hey guys,

Just got 2 fragrances from ScentedMonkey in the mail, Versace Blue Jeans and Cool Water. I like both of them, but I find that when I spray them on even I can barely smell them. So I am wondering how other people can? Are these scents known to not last long? How can I improve the staying power? I have tried putting scentless lotion on the pulse points and spraying in those areas.

Thanks,

Aaron

Default Re: No Longevity or Sillage?

There's some chance that you've got bad juice but chances are you've just got a bit of olfactory fatigue setting in. I think of both of those frags as having reasonable longevity and projection. Give it a few minutes and then smell again. Sometimes I have to learn a fragrance before I can smell it clearly, odd as that sounds.

You can buy both for really cheap within Canada, no need to buy online. The 40ml Cool Water giftset at Shoppers is 19.99 and the 75ml bottle of Blue Jeans is 19.99 as well.

I'm guessing you got some juice thats gone "off" a little or it's nose fatigue. They're both are quite good in longevity & sillage.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 5th August 2009 at 11:32 PM.

Dependent

Have to agree with posts above, that you may have got yourself some "bad" juice. The longevity and sillage on both scents are particularly good.

It is probably just fatigue. Spray only on the chest under the shirt and see what happens.

Pretty mystifying.

I don't go along with the "bad juice" proposition - unless the bottles were left lying, exposed, in the middle of the Arizona desert for a few years - and even then I'd have my doubts.

They both have above average longevity and very powerful sillage.

How many sprays are you applying?
    Renato

I sprayed the Cool Water 5 times during an application. I sprayed the Blue Jeans 5 times as well.

Also how can i tell for sure if it is "bad" juice?
    Last edited by burns99; 6th August 2009 at 01:39 AM.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by burns99 View Post
    I sprayed the Cool Water 5 times during an application. I sprayed the Blue Jeans 5 times as well.
    IMO, that should be sufficient enough of sprays to last more than a couple of hours. It is discussed that where you spray affects the level of olfactory fatigue you experience.

How many hours should that amount of application last. Because I was thinking it would go strong all night, but was disapointed

Dependent

Also how can i tell for sure if it is "bad" juice?
    I'm sure there will be many suggestions on this since we all experience scents uniquely, but the best way, IMO is to have it tested against an in-store tester if possible. Also if you have been only spraying it on skin, you may want to test it on fabric instead, coz for me, scents last way longer on fabric (albeit sometimes I don't get the proper dry down I prefer).

Dependent

How many hours should that amount of application last. Because I was thinking it would go strong all night, but was disapointed
    5-6 hours at least on skin

on fabric, I could smell the sweet linger of Cool Water the following morning from the previous evening's application...
    Last edited by MFJ; 6th August 2009 at 01:50 AM.

I get good longevity and a decent amount of sillage from Cool Water. I spray 5 times too, to the chest and neck. Its possible that u were spraying too many to the neck or other areas of exposed skin. Where do u spray?

Hey guys,

Just got 2 fragrances from ScentedMonkey in the mail, Versace Blue Jeans and Cool Water. I like both of them, but I find that when I spray them on even I can barely smell them. So I am wondering how other people can? Are these scents known to not last long? How can I improve the staying power? I have tried putting scentless lotion on the pulse points and spraying in those areas.

Thanks,

Aaron
    I may know what's wrong here. I got Dior Homme Intense and it seemed to last less than an hour on me. Imagine dropping 45 only to get a bad bottle. But what happened here is that my nose just hadn't adjusted to the scent and it took some days of 'living' with the scent to get used it. I can happily say that it's strongly detectable 12 hours after application. So just spray your wrist whenever you can just to get your nose accustomed to it.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M