Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Arrow Which is the fragrance house that suits to your taste/preference

in other words; after all these years in basenotes and 10-500+ bottles in your collection...which is the fragrance house that caters/represents your taste...
    Last edited by jenson; 6th August 2009 at 08:56 PM.

Default Re: Which is the fragrance house that suits your taste/preference

Frederic Malle and Montale

I only have 3 Serge Lutens fragrances in my collection, but I truly love the transgressive, goth-ness of Count Serge and his company's trip aboard the Marrakech Express. It reeks of hash and reads like purple prose.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 6th August 2009 at 09:00 PM.

Default Re: Which is the fragrance house that suits to your taste/preference

Either YSL or Chanel. Even though I only own one of each right now, they offer something for everyone, every situation, and every budget or tastes, both very well-rounded houses IMO.

What a tough one.. I would have to say Creed, though some folks tend to, in my opinion, lower it to a substandard "midstream" house that sells its products at Costco. Creed has produced a few of the most versatile, high quality fragrances that I feel I can't be without:

Bois du Portugal
    Green Irish Tweed
    Selection Verte

But again, such a tough choice.. I have a lot of love for Serge Lutens, Guerlain and Lorenzo Villoresi - of which I have several that are gorgeous.

Czech & Speake.

I seem to"get" their fragrances more and more as time goes by. No matter what the mood or occasion, I can tap into that rich creative seam and find something that just fits.For me, discovering and enjoying this fragrance house has been a revelation.

Blog Entries

Aramis.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Bond 9 for everyday AND Montale for my taste of being unique.

Easy question for me. I don't like fresh and clean fragrances and prefer those that complement my natural woody-spicy-earthy-with-a-touch-of-honey scent. Orientals are my preference and Serge Lutens makes my favorites.

Sur la Plage

I think I am a Yves Saint-Laurent kinda guy.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

L'Artisan

Second place: Hermès

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    I only have 3 Serge Lutens fragrances in my collection, but I truly love the transgressive, goth-ness of Count Serge and his company's trip aboard the Marrakech Express. It reeks of hash and reads like purple prose.
    +1, also add Comme des Garcons and Tom Ford Private Blend.

Annick Goutal. I like just about every fragrance AG I've sampled (exceptions are the Orientalistes series), and they tend to smell both austere and exotic at the same time, which I thought was not possible. Eau de Monsieur is a long time favorite of mine.

Dependent

At this moment: Serge Lutens

Runner-up: Creed

Creed

Chanel

Parfum e’Empire (would gladly own most of their women’s/unisex fragrances)

Runner up: Chanel Les Exclusifs (don’t care for the gallon sized bottles though)
    Last edited by kess; 6th August 2009 at 11:01 PM.
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

For me, it would be Hermes. So far, I have:

24, Faubourg EDP
    24, Faubourg EDT
    24, Faubourg Eau Delicate
    Kelly Caleche (several bottles so far)
    Caleche Eau Delicate
    Caleche
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
    Currently wearing: Rose Ambre by Fragonard

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    For me, it would be Hermes.

Hermes would be a very close second for me - Equipage and Bel Ami are both in my top ten list of all time favorites.

Bond No 9 definately!

Lorenzo Villoresi

Runners-up: MPG (sniff, sniff), L'Artisan, Yves Saint-Laurant.

Ultimately Creed: when they're good, they're easy-to-wear, well-made, high-quality fragrances and the variety is unmatched. From Vintage Tabarome to Virgin Island Water there's a scent for every occasion. Villoresi is probaly second and La Via del Profumo is moving up the ladder quickly.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Creed for me as well, with Hermes second.

Amouage
    Montale
    Serge lutens

Guerlain and Penhaligon's.
    "If a perfume stinks, it's a disaster when she turns off the light." - Jean-Paul Guerlain

Creed and Montale

Creed
    Yves Saint-Laurent

L'Artisan, followed by Frederic Malle and The Different Company.
    Hard question, though!

It's hard to pick only one.

Montale, Creed, Guerlain probably tie.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Etat Libre d'Orange, Freddy Malle & Serge for me. Although I wouldn't cry if all I could wear was Chanel.