Code of Conduct

Thread: Phoenix, Az

Default Phoenix, Az

Just got back from a road trip and wanted to report on some great deals under the hot Phoenix sun. On the very north end of the city is a fairly large outlet store complex that has a Perfumania. Everything in it is priced well under the market rate and when I was there about 1/4 of the bottles were 50% off their lowest price, many more were 20% off. I walked out with over $400 worth of juice for $110 and got some fairly decent stuff.

Default Re: Phoenix, Az

There are also two Cheri Cherie stores in the Phoenix area. One is at the Fiesta Mall in Mesa and the other is at the Westgate City Center in Glendale. The prices aren't as good as the various Perfumanias in town, but the selection is better. They often stock various Creeds etc. Of course they'll let you test anything, but I don't think they make samples to give out. The Perfumanias are great too. There are two in the Arizona Mills Mall and one in the Superstition Springs Mall. They mostly carry your every day designer frags, but they have good prices. Around Christmas they do buy one get one for $10 sales.

I don't know how I didn't know about this sooner, but Scottsdale has a niche fragrance boutique:
    The Perfume Shoppe at The Borgata
    6166 N. Scottsdale Rd., #704
    (480) 991-3446

Anybody here been there? How long has it been there?!
    I'm gonna go check it out this weekend.

Thumbs up Re: Phoenix, Az

Post-visit update:

VERY NICE! 'Five Stars!' The Perfume Shoppe has an excellent selection in a nice comfortable space, and the service is nothing short of world-class. Yes, they will hand-decant a sample of anything you ask for.

They are definitely a 100% niche shop, and they have more than their website indicates (I spotted some Tauer bottles, but didn't see them mentioned on their website)

The staff is very knowledgeable and super helpful. They keep a copy of Michael Edwards' guide at the counter (a good sign, I thought, and I get the impression that they actually READ it!)

I was in there for 3 full hours today, and that was the most interactive fun I've ever had at a perfume shop, anywhere.
    Without question, this shop is on par with Scent Bar in LA or Aedes de Venustas in NYC. (not as lavishly decorated as Aedes, but waaay friendlier and more helpful)

If you're a scent hound and live anywhere in Arizona, YES this place is worth a drive to visit. Oh yeah, and the prices are exactly what they should be--absolutely comparable to the other shops I mentioned, with no 'Scottsdale markup')
    Arizonans: support these guys and keep them in business! We've got something of quality and distinction here...let's hang on to it!

Thanks for the update on the Perfume shoppe. I found them online while searching for Montales, but have not made the trip up to see them. Barney's, SAKS and Perfume Shoppe sounds like a nice roadtrip from the Old Pueblo.

Call first to make sure they are still in business. The above seems to have been coached on what to post. Have seen the "not the Scottsdale mark-ups" bit posted prior, as well as "keep them in business". They must be hurting since these phrases keep popping up in different media forums. It would be a long drive & a waste of time if the doors are closed. However, the Fashion Square Mall is just around the corner which has a plethora of boutiques where I'm sure one could find anything they are looking for. Plus they have valet parking (LOVE)!

"coached on what to post"? What does that even mean?

I'm not a shill, just a satisfied customer. If I was a shill, why would I bother registering here almost 4 years ago, then waiting for my 680th post to drop a commercial plug?

I believe in supporting local businesses (amazed that they stay in business in the face of a glut of low-overhead internet retailers), and was so excited that PHX has a REAL perfume shop (considering how few other world-class things we have going on in this giant sprawl of a city).

Don't get me wrong: Fashion Square Mall is good too, especially for designer/mainstream. Barney's has a nice frag counter (all niche), and good service, but very limited selection (L'Artisan, Malle, Lutens, and Byredo seem to be their 'anchor' lines). Perfume Shoppe Scottsdale is all niche, great selection (though there are a few 'essential' brands they don't carry for some reason), and excellent personalized service.

Anyway, sure, still a good idea to call before driving out. Their phone number is on the website. I'd say: make a day trip out of it and go to BOTH places. Trust me though: go to the Perfume Shoppe FIRST, and budget at least a couple of hours for it. They will spend TIME with you, and they know what they are talking about (to the point of being as opinionated as us goofy BN'ers), unlike many typical mall SA's.

Anyway, no shill--this is The Real Deal. See for yourself.

EDIT: After some thought, is it just me, or is the post by WINNING really strange on several levels?
    Last edited by andylama; 17th May 2012 at 05:00 AM.

Basenotes Plus

EDIT: After some thought, is it just me, or is the post by WINNING really strange on several levels?

I thought it was a bit odd with reference to "coaching" and the same "phrases popping up in different media forums" with out any links or examples. But maybe WINNING just prefers to shop at Fashion Square Mall.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Well, they DO have valet parking and all.

Quote Originally Posted by andylama View Post
    "coached on what to post"? What does that even mean?

I'm not a shill, just a satisfied customer. If I was a shill, why would I bother registering here almost 4 years ago, then waiting for my 680th post to drop a commercial plug?

I believe in supporting local businesses (amazed that they stay in business in the face of a glut of low-overhead internet retailers), and was so excited that PHX has a REAL perfume shop (considering how few other world-class things we have going on in this giant sprawl of a city).

Don't get me wrong: Fashion Square Mall is good too, especially for designer/mainstream. Barney's has a nice frag counter (all niche), and good service, but very limited selection (L'Artisan, Malle, Lutens, and Byredo seem to be their 'anchor' lines). Perfume Shoppe Scottsdale is all niche, great selection (though there are a few 'essential' brands they don't carry for some reason), and excellent personalized service.

Anyway, sure, still a good idea to call before driving out. Their phone number is on the website. I'd say: make a day trip out of it and go to BOTH places. Trust me though: go to the Perfume Shoppe FIRST, and budget at least a couple of hours for it. They will spend TIME with you, and they know what they are talking about (to the point of being as opinionated as us goofy BN'ers), unlike many typical mall SA's.

Anyway, no shill--this is The Real Deal. See for yourself.

Andylama is no shill. Thanks for the review. I wish I still lived in AZ so I could visit the Perfume Shoppe there. And yes, WINNING's (only) 2 posts are strange.

Thanks JW. Whoa--you're in Tulsa now? What happened to Oregon?
    Best wishes!
    A

Andylama - thanks for the info. I had not run across The Perfume Shoppe yet. It looks like it's time for me to take a trip to Scottsdale and check it out. I've been looking for some place a little better than the Fashion Square.

Awesome news. I'm brand new to fragrances. ALSO....brand new to Arizona (Live in Chandler, moved here in late July)....AND with only a handful of decent places to find a unique fragrance there is a good chance I can find something of a signature scent. Next stop.....speed dating perhaps?? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by andylama View Post
    I don't know how I didn't know about this sooner, but Scottsdale has a niche fragrance boutique:
    The Perfume Shoppe at The Borgata
    6166 N. Scottsdale Rd., #704
    (480) 991-3446

Anybody here been there? How long has it been there?!
    I'm gonna go check it out this weekend.
    The Perfume Shoppe is in the process of moving. They will now be located in old town Scottsdale. Here is the new address from their Facebook page:

Our New Address:
    The Perfume Shoppe
    The Mix
    7144 East Stetson Drive
    Ste. 105
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85251
    480-991-3446

I have to say that I have been to the Shoppe a few times and Rebecca is absolutely wonderful and very helpful. The selection of niche fragrances is fantastic and I'm like a little kid in a candy shop everytime I go there. If you guys are ever in the Phoenix area you should really stop by and check this store out. Double thumbs up.

Here's a link to their FB page if anyone is interested:
    https://www.facebook.com/insidethepe...eperfumeshoppe
    Last edited by jbthorpe; 18th April 2013 at 02:07 AM.

I just moved back to NY after living in Arizona for four years. Really wish I had gotten into fragrances while I was out there! Parking and traveling is so much easier than in NY.

The Perfume Shoppe is nice. Watch out for how they subtly corner you into buying a fragrance! They do have top of the line smells, and Rebecca is patient. The owner... not so much. My suggestion is to go through their sampling phase, try a few on, LEAVE THE STORE for the rest of the day, and come back. That way you have time to make a decision. They're a great store, fantastic look, but they're also good sales people!

There's a Barney's in Scottsdale Fashion Center that has Perfume of a Lady and other Frederick lineups.

Neiman Marcus is the best bet in town for all things Tom Ford and Creed.

And Saks Fifth also has Tom Ford and the best Killian and Bond collection in town.

Quote Originally Posted by jbthorpe View Post

I have to say that I have been to the Shoppe a few times and Rebecca is absolutely wonderful and very helpful.
    I have only dealt with her over the phone but she is very nice and very accomodating. She even made a special trip to the Post Office for me once to get my package out Priority late in the afternoon.

(2403)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

The perfume shoppe is a great place to sniff niche frags. They have a good selection. Neiman's, and Sak's have a decent selections as well, as stated above.

Paul
    Using Tapatalk

My wife and I met Rebecca last Sunday, she is terrific and like the old saying, if you looked up customer service in the dictionary, her picture would be there!

Andy Tauer with Rebecca, taken today at The Perfume Shoppe in Scottsdale, AZ.

andy & me.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by scooptn View Post
    Andy Tauer with Rebecca, taken today at The Perfume Shoppe in Scottsdale, AZ.

andy & me.jpg
    It's nice to see the face of the person I have dealt with on numerous occasions on the phone at the Perfumeshoppe! Thanks for posting this.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Just a quick note about Rebecca, she is on a leave of absence from the Perfume Shoppe, and had surgery on Thursday. The prognosis is not particularly good, and she could use everyone in the fragrance community's thoughts or prayers for recovery.

So sorry to hear that. Hope she has a quick recovery.