Code of Conduct

Default Reformulation Question (maybe stupid) about L'artisan

We know that the MPG scents went through a reformulation with their bottle style change. What about L'artisan? I haven't smelt any of them in their new bottles yet.

Maybe a stupid question since somebody might have noticed it before, but thought I'd ask.

Before (50ml bottle)

After (50ml bottle)
    Last edited by nsamadi; 7th August 2009 at 03:05 AM.

Default Re: Reformulation Question (maybe stupid) about L'artisan

Not stupid at all - I can't answer your question, unfortunately, because I wasn't purchasing the L'Artisan fragrances until the bottles looked like the 2nd one.

Very curious about this, though, as just about every L'Artisan fragrance out there doesn't last on my skin whatsoever. I'm green with envy to the people who get great longevity/sillage from them, as I think it's a beautiful line.

I haven't noticed a change in any except for Voleur de Rose...it might just be my memory, but I remember it being much richer and much more interesting than it currently is. Could just be me tho.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    Very curious about this, though, as just about every L'Artisan fragrance out there doesn't last on my skin whatsoever. I'm green with envy to the people who get great longevity/sillage from them, as I think it's a beautiful line.
    I get amazing sillage and longevity from Tea for Two, Voleur de Roses and Timbuktu (can only use one spray or it's really overpowering).

Never understood this either.

I had great longevity and sub-par sillage with Fou d'Absinthe, and the only way I could explain it being a bit stronger was that it was the only EdP in the line. Timbuktu was tragic - somewhat like Lalique Equus (EdT or EdP), where it had decent longevity but zero sillage on me.

Sillage isn't a requirement for me, but when it's totally lacking I'd rather use a body lotion or something like that and save a lot of $.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    I get amazing sillage and longevity from Tea for Two, Voleur de Roses and Timbuktu (can only use one spray or it's really overpowering).

Never understood this either.

I've never seen or heard anything about them being reformulated with the newer bottles..

I feel bad for people who get poor longevity out of this line Every L'artisan scent, minus Timbuktu, has lasted quite nicely on me. Passage d'Enfer is a little short lived, but it's mostly the silage that dies while the scent itself is alive and well if someone were to lean in.

Tea for Two and L'eau du Navagateur last for days and days and days it seems

Dependent

For someone who gets poor longevity on skin from most my scents, L'Artisan is pretty decent...
    Last edited by MFJ; 7th August 2009 at 01:44 AM.

Blog Entries

Isn't the "Before" picture of smaller 15ml bottles still available?
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    Isn't the "Before" picture of smaller 15ml bottles still available?
    No, it's the old 50ml bottle, just a tiny pic because I couldn't find a bigger one. Here's a pic of the old 100ml bottle.

Before (100ml bottle)

After (100ml bottle)

I get insane sillage/longevity from Timbuktu. Last time I wore it with two sprays and I think I got some on the table of my room. I could smell it the next day.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 7th August 2009 at 03:05 AM.

I don't notice any difference whatsoever.

Nothing I can notice.

As for sillage and longevity, for me, most in the L'artisan stable are somewhere between subpar to moderately okay. Nothing amazing.

Basenotes Institution

I have noticed no differences in vintage bottles and new bottles.

I am also one who seems content with the longevity of most L'Artisan fragrances. I am not a longevity whore, like many of my fellow Basenoters.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 7th August 2009 at 04:00 PM.

I've come across a theory that L'Artisan redesigned the bottles to appeal to men; the rounder bottles were coming across as "feminine." Don't know if this is true, but I do like the new bottles better -- more 'structure' to them, so to speak.
    For sale: Armani Prive (Cuir, Jade), Yves Rocher, Artisan Ambre body cream http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=228894

Off-Scenter

Turin claims a major reformulation of Műre et Musc. Beats me.

As for the strength/longevity issue, I get wildly inconsistent results from this house's scents: perfectly good projection and endurance from Tea for Two, Dzongkha, Méchant Loup, and Fou d'Absinthe. The merest drop of Timbuktu on my skin will overwhelm my sensorium and make me cringe for hours. Dzing! and Passage d'Enfer disappear so fast, I hardly have time to decide what I think of them.