Code of Conduct

Default Bond no. 9: Brooklyn

I ordered a 100 ml at full retail. To me, it is worth it. I must say that I fell deeply for this once I did a skin test. There are a couple good reviews that point out it's character accurately. It is a soft green fragrance that is in the vein of The Beat, while I like. This one is very nicely blended. Instead of the pepper in The beat, you get a hint of spice, soft woods, and a very enticing green accord mixed with leather. Bond's description is accurate. They list the notes and what is amazing about this is that you can smell each individual note while they work as one note. Sound crazy? Its just like they said it was. I've never experienced this effect before and I think it is masterfully blended. Although it appears soft, it has great sillage, just like they said it would. Very stunning. I am a sucker for green fragrances in which I have Bleeker Street, Central Park, and now this will join my powerful Trio. Bond has become my fav house and I'm really amazed at how I have opened up and became completely enthralled by Bond no 9. Great Job!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Default Re: Bond no. 9: Brooklyn

I absolutely love Brooklyn as well.. if you like this than you should try to new Harrod's Limited Edition.. Notes: Black pepper, cumin, amber, myrrh, oud, vetiver

I have never tried Brooklyn but from what I've read, I can tell that I'd love it. It's on my purchase list...I am just looking to get a good deal on this as the retail is just too much....

Also I am glad that Bond No. 9 is getting some love from members here.

I have a 10ml travel spray they sent me a while back - I wore it once and didn't think much of it, outside of a nondescript green-woody scent. However, the last time I wore it, I did enjoy it quite a bit and found it to have quite a bit more depth that I initially thought.
    I guess I'll need to wear it a few more times and see how it plays out (especially to pay more attention to the notes, as you mentioned!)
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I woke up this morning and the scent was still on my wrist. This is a fun fragrance because you simply can't overdo it. I dumped 1/4 of the sample on me this morning because my bottle won't arrive until tomorrow. It remains tamed but ever present. It has great longevity but doesn't choke you when you want to indulge in a liberal application. It is smooth and pleasant to wear. The official notes are:

"cardamom, geranium leaves, and cedarwood while grapefruit and juniper leaves accelerate the scent, and South American guaiacwood and leather" -SAKS

I can detect every note in it.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?