Code of Conduct

Default Bond no. 9: Harrods for Him

Right from the start, I was reminded of Axe body sprays. Its a cross between Kilo, dark chocolate, and perhaps the amber. I detect no aoud in this whatsoever until a faint whiff of it in the extreme dry down. Is the Axe comparison a bad thing? Not necessarily because this is more refined with higher quality ingredients, much smoother, and longer lasting. Do I feel it is FBW? I do but considering I've just purchased two Bonds, it isn't something I can drop cash on now but might consider it at some point. It would be a great fall and winter fragrance and I recommend you sample this one first. It remained rather linear on my skin but subsequent testing will be needed. These are just my initial impressions.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Default Re: Bond no. 9: Harrods for Him

I have smelled it too. But I think you may have them confused. There is a Harrods for Him and a Harrods for him special edition swarovski bottle that is an entirely different scent that is a oud scent. I must say it is one of the dumbest and most confusing fragrance naming jobs I have ever seen. The same name for 2 completely different scents. I

Either way, I have smelled the regular Harrods for men. It seems very very generic. Not what I was expecting from this big Harrods exclusive. One of the most generic Bonds to date. I will sample the oud version soon and report back.

In a very strange way I hope that both of you are wrong.....But when it's all said and done I know that you're probably right.
    Gary

Thanks for clearing that up! After tossing more of the regular Harrods for Him on, I agree. Its so generic and probably is the poorest release to date. I can't shell out for this one. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the exclusive one!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Interesting I am not going to rush to the store and try it...does not sound too exciting at all

I just tested the Harrods for Men Swarovski Crystal Edition, which indeed is a different fragrance than the regular Harrods for Men. The regular one is a generic nothing, but the Swarovski Edition is amazing! Unfortunately it's $650 a bottle because of the Swarovski Crystal Bottle. Why do people think Swarovski crystal are valuable? They're glass!
    Anyways, SC Edition has oud alright, oud over what I 'm sure is the Synarome Animalis base. Skanky supreme! Arabic perfumery as if worn by an unwashed French whore. Great stuff, bad price. The girls in the shop have said that they have had so many request to put it in a regular bottle that it just may happen. Fingers crossed, legs spread.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 20th August 2009 at 04:36 AM.

LOL Ruggles - I agree about the Swarovski.. don't they plaster this stuff all over belts and clothing all the time? I remember Versace was famous for the Swarovski belts and shirts. Not sure why it drives the price up to absurd levels.

Is the $650 Bond a synthetic smelling French whoore?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    I just tested the Harrods for Men Swarovski Crystal Edition, which indeed is a different fragrance than the regular Harrods for Men. The regular one is a generic nothing, but the Swarovski Edition is amazing! Unfortunately it's $650 a bottle because of the Swarovski Crystal Bottle. Why do people think Swarovski crystal are valuable? They're glass!
    Anyways, SC Edition has oud alright, oud over what I 'm sure is the Synarome Animalis base. Skanky supreme! Arabic perfumery as if worn by an unwashed French whore. Great stuff, bad price. The girls in the shop have said that they have had so many request to put it in a regular bottle that it just may happen. Fingers crossed, legs spread.

Default Bond no.9 harrods for him......anyone tried this?

Hmm....the notes sound quite interesting to me. Has anyone tried this yet? Any thoughts/ comparisons?
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

I just tested a sample of this one today. Yes, I was immediately reminded of Axe body spray. A generic sweet musky scent. I see that star anise is listed as a note, but I think it is closer to a chocolate like smell than licorice.

As per my review in the Directory the regular Harrods for Him is bloody awful. I wouldn't pay ten quid for it let alone somewhere in the region of 100.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...