Code of Conduct

Thread: paris cafe

Default paris cafe

which cologne reminds you of ?

Paris outdoor cafe, mid-morning, dark, light rain muffling any street noises, fresh cup of coffee in front of you on a glass table under an umbrella, there could be a slight scent of just warmed pastry coming from inside, your waiting for your sight seeing date.

Default Re: paris cafe

Habit Rouge
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Basenotes Plus

L'Heure Bleue!!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

I've never been to Paris but that description would be perfect for me to wear B*Men.

Something laid back , bohemian artsy fartsy and edgy .... I dont have a clue as Im yet to visit ....

Sur la Plage

Bulgari Black - I have worn it in that situation.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 9th August 2009 at 01:04 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Noir de Reminiscence comes to mind... Patchouli and Sandalwood among other notes. Particularly matches the feeling of having a coffee on a rainy day outside at the café...

In fact it's raining here right now, and the café is just around the corner! I might just go!

Quote Originally Posted by libertine View Post
    L'Heure Bleue!!
    yeah, that one would be perfect!

Weirdly to me it's Parfums de Nicolai's New York, which does not remind me in the least of New York City. It has more human funk than the NYC I know.

Blog Entries

Tabac Blond, pour les femmes.
    Le Malle - Vetiver Extraordinare, pour les hommes.

C'est Magique Pour Homme

Great question. Add to the wonderful imagery and scents the whiff of cigarette/cigar/pipe smoke (although I'm not a smoker)...the scent for me is Chanel Egoiste.

Quote Originally Posted by Schachman View Post
    Noir de Reminiscence comes to mind... Patchouli and Sandalwood among other notes. Particularly matches the feeling of having a coffee on a rainy day outside at the café...
    I'll agree

I'd add Profumum Thundra. I've actually enacted this entire scenario, albeit much much earlier -- just substitute the Parisian Cafe with Cafe Coffee Day in Mumbai, and it was evening, not morning. I was with my girl

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Not a cologne, but I couldn't resist posting this link....

http://www.pnicolai.com/ve/pages/mp_cafe.htm
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Rive Gauche pour Homme (YSL)

Thumbs up Re: paris cafe

Caron Pour um Homme and Guerlain Habit Rouge, for men, Guerlain L'Heure Bleue and Piguet Fracas for women...you can be sure...my own experience at Café de Flore, many evenings spent there....
    Last edited by ROBERTO; 11th August 2009 at 08:36 AM.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Quote Originally Posted by slimbob714 View Post
    which cologne reminds you of ?

Paris outdoor cafe, mid-morning, dark, light rain muffling any street noises, fresh cup of coffee in front of you on a glass table under an umbrella, there could be a slight scent of just warmed pastry coming from inside, your waiting for your sight seeing date.
    Don't forget well dressed beautiful women walking arm in arm as they stroll by the window.

Eau Noire - Dior

It's chic like a Parisian and comfortable like a cafe with pastries cooking inside (not to mention the coffee note in it).

On the other hand,

I also second L'heure Bleue - it just fits the mood of paris on a rainy day so perfectly (without the "paris cafe" vibe IMO).
    Sales thread here

I know the Parisians would be pissed but how about Versailles pour homme by Jean Desprez? Hmmmm.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

The last few times I sat in a Paris cafe I was wearing Mure et Musc Extreme which was great. Probably more that it was Paris rather than the scent

But I think Apres l'Ondee would be ideal.
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Although i have never been to Paris, i think Malle's En Passant would work well.

Check out this description.

http://perfumeposse.com/2007/10/14/s...lub-part-deux/
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

great idea on the web site Prince Barry. Great imagery on the lady walking by, Adonis.

Hey Adonis, I just tagged you---- you set up the next scenario.

looking for sample of Jil Sander Man (2007)
    Last edited by slimbob714; 10th August 2009 at 11:27 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I'm wearing YSL Jazz today. It might be just the thing to warm up a rainy breakfast date in Paris.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Habit Rouge edc

or

Eau des Ilies by MPG.

Isn't Ineke Ruhland coming out with a new perfume based on impressions of Paris? Believe it's called Field Notes from Paris (great name - btw, she is executing her perfume projects letter by letter through the alphabet).

My personal choice for the scenario would be Chant d'Aromes by Guerlain.

Eau Sauvage, because it seems perfect to wear when undergoing the activities mentioned
    Last edited by robbert; 11th August 2009 at 09:15 PM.

Yes, I just saw Field Notes from Paris on her website:

http://ineke.com/catalog/product_inf...products_id=36