Code of Conduct

Default Ted Lapidus - Black Soul

Anybody know anything about this one? The notes sound interesting.

From Osmoz
    http://www.osmoz.com/fragrances/Haut...dus/BlackSoul#

top notes

Bergamot, Mint Leaf, Crushed Leaves, Neroli, Lemon Blossom, Cardamom

heart note

Medjool Dates, Cinnamon, Saffron, Raisin

base note

Chinese Cedar,Ambrocenide, Tolu Balm, Gaiac Wood, Musks
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Ted Lapidus - Black Soul

Wow! I think I will try this one. Orientals are my thing and the middle and base notes sound marvelous. Is this out now?

Default Re: Ted Lapidus - Black Soul

This seems like a pretty cool fragrance, I hope I can get a chance to sample it. However, I find Lapidus fragrances very hard to get a hold of in my town.

Saw this too. I have a feeling, for me, it will be hard to find.

Intersting ..
    I managed to find a sample of Altamir a few weeks ago , I hope lady luck shines for this one also

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

I'll be searching for this one too

Count me as one that is thinks the notes sound great! Looking forward to smelling.

Although I haven't been that impressed with the other Lapidus'.
    Last edited by Simon Moon; 10th August 2009 at 04:09 PM.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

I noticed this one mentioned as a SotD a few days ago .
    Anyone else tried it ?

TL pour Lui is amazing. This one sounds just as good.

Sounds interesting... would like to try...

I'm a big fan of TL pour Lui as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I'll be searching for this one too
    I noticed this was your SOTD so I wanted to ask for your views on this fragrance, by the way people this scent is available from the Escentual (UK)
    Last edited by Aerandir4; 20th September 2009 at 12:03 PM.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Wow, this does sound pretty awesome. I'm intrigued any time I see a fragrance with saffron in it. I've never heard of this one. I got a bottle of Lapidus Pour Homme a couple of weeks ago, and it's fantastic. Hope this Black Soul one is as strange and unique as LPH!

Anyone else other than hednic tried this one yet ?

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Seems to be quite a queue of us TL fans waiting to hear any impressions on Black Soul :-)
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    Intersting ..
    I managed to find a sample of Altamir a few weeks ago , I hope lady luck shines for this one also
    Dimitrios,

If you are anywhere near a Perfume Connection store, try there.

here is a quick review from somebody else:

What an amazing fragrance this is! Its opening is heavy with spice and wood. At first there is a sharp, camphorous, aromatic quality,not unlike cloves or pepper - which I find most appealing.

The woodiness which is almost smoky at first, makes me think of Lapsang Souchong tea or a handful of smouldering pencil shavings. I once owned a bamboo flute, which had been burnt inside as part of its manufacture and which had the same kind of smell.

The complex combination of spices and woods make this very warm, intense and frankly, most unusual. As the fragrance develops and the woods and spices start to fade the musk becomes more obvious, yet only in a subtle way. It lasts quite well and a single tiny spritz from a tester was still detectable on my arm after two hours.

It is very different to any fragrance I currently own and I will definitely add it to my wish list.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Dro View Post
    here is a quick review from somebody else:
    Damn that was a good revu . . . . got to have this one
    UK the only place to obtain this ?

Have had it for about three weeks now. Bought a large bottle from Escentual.com in the UK when it first came out and I personally like it a lot. Not sorry at all of having to have pay around $80 for 100ml. If you like spearmint and saffron, you might like this.

Have had it for about three weeks now. Bought a large bottle from Escentual.com in the UK when it first came out and I personally like it a lot. Not sorry at all of having to have pay around $80 for 100ml. If you like spearmint and saffron, you might like this.
    Spearmint and sweet saffron - that sounds kind of funky...... I don't know if I would like that..

I've smelt it the other week, however, since that was a while ago, I fail to remember how to smells like.

Though I do recall thinking to myself that it is a unique scent, something that you don't commonly get in departmental stores. When I have time, I'll go try it again.

It certainly was an intriguing scent. For those in Australia, Perfume Connection have it readily available.

Does anyone know where they have this in the USA ?

I'm testing it now. Friends, this is a jaw dropper.
    I rarely get impressed so much by a men's fragrance (usually only by women's), but this thing is fantastic.
    To my nose, it smells like a softer and a less synthetic version of "1 million" (I actually don't like 1 million, too strong for me).
    It is on a very thin boundary of becoming a unisex fragrance (despite the macho ad), so if that's your cup of tea, you have to give this one a try.
    I think I've sniffed my wrist about 50 times since I left the store.

I'm returning my Dsquared He Wood RM + John Varvatos in exchange for this one.

Wow, I have to try this one. I'm a fan of Lapidus

Quote Originally Posted by seasoldiermarine View Post
    Wow, I have to try this one. I'm a fan of Lapidus
    If you find a supplier stateside please let us know.

smelt this while I was vacationing in Spain during the holidays. Personally, I thought that it was too spearmint heavy, with just a touch of funky florals in the background. I'll admit I only sprayed the test card, and I'm beginning to realize how different things can smell from card-to-skin, but I can't imagine this one gets much better. On a scale from one to ten, I'm a neutral 4.5, 5.0 at best. I'd like to read more opinions on this one. Maybe I missed something....

I got a free sample of this stuff. HATE the way it is being marketed - so typical, boring, obvious.

The actual fragrance though? The important part? Absolutely Amazing. This isn't a scent for the body builder on the poster - its one for the articulate, thoughtful, intellectual, and cheeky.

I seem to have a bad habit of being interested in dark fragrances. Drakkar Noir, Dali's Black Sun, Bulgari's Jasmine Noir (for someone special )... If I were compiling a list of fragrances for sultry goths, or smokey jazz clubs, this would be right up there at the top!

Anyone knows where to find it in Europe? Or getting a sample anywhere?
    unico grande amore.

I'm from Israel and it's available in every store here, so I believe it won't take long until it's available all over Europe.

<< LOVE IT!
    Last edited by Celsius32; 19th January 2010 at 11:13 AM.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celsius32 View Post
    ....Friends, this is a jaw dropper.....
    This about sums up Black Soul. There is nothing close to this out there.

The opening is a camphorous/minty "Lutenseque" complex of accords, with mint, cinnamon and neroli being the detectable (to me) star players. I dont know why, but once in a while i get deja vu whiffs of Lapidus pour Homme (a frag i love). It is unquestionably masculine but will be enjoyed by women, in the sense that in the power stakes, Lancome's Magie Noir will have Balck Soul for desserts.

This is one frag i am going to really enjoy using for life. I know that even now. Black Soul is very well blended and is yet another quality issue from Ted Lapidus. Search this frag out, friends.

#BBOG!

Rejoice dear basenoters! BS by Ted Lapidus could be found at www.fragrancedirect.co.uk.
    A question to the reputable member perfaddict:do you find any resemblance between TL pour Lui and Black Soul?
    I am asking because I do not like TL in general.
    Thank you in advance.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

BS is not like TL pour Lui at all. Lui is quite sweet while BS is more spicy woods. Like i said earlier (and even more so, 7 hours after application) BS reminds me of TL pour Homme quite a lot.

Altamir, on the other hand, smells like a much lighter and less sweet TL pour Lui.

#BBOG!

I just got a bottle of this on ebay and the stuff is amazing! I can't wait until more hits the ebay market. Very long lasting and intense with great sillage.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I just got a bottle of this on ebay and the stuff is amazing! I can't wait until more hits the ebay market. Very long lasting and intense with great sillage.
    Yep! Its now 12 hours of a full wear and its still nicely all around me.

#BBOG!

I am sorry I am bumping this thread, but this deserves some consideration. I tried it yesterday and found it FBW: top notes are sort of run-of-the-mill, si my initial reaction was that of dissapointment - they felt like many recent releases. Still, mid and base notes are worth the initial cliche. The woody spicyness is quite evident, but it mixes with notes I can associate with that of old paper, maybe the presence of some aromachemical I can also detect in Guerlain's Coriolan. This gives TLBS, IMHO, a traditional character I apreciate a lot, as if the blender had in mind updating traditional styles.

TLBS's sillage and longevity are remarkable, taking in mind fragrances don't hold up to my skin: I tried it at 10:45 and by the end of the day (0:00) I could detect traces of it even after showering. It may lack some complexity, but the overall wearing experience is worth trying.

The lust in my heart is growing as I've still not smelled this.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976