Code of Conduct

Default Bulgari Black, Polo double black, hugo, burberry brit, chrome

Hey guys. I'm thinking of ordering the above colognes...Bulgari Black, Polo double black, hugo, burberry brit, and chrome. I was wondering if u guys could classify these for me (winter, summer, nights, days...blah) and give your opinions please!!

Thx

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bulgari Black, Polo double black, hugo, burberry brit, chrome

Bulgari Black: F1 car peeling out in a vanilla patch. Rubber & Vanilla. Not sure if it really has a season time; you'll know when it is when it happens. I own it and like it, but i'd never wear it to the office, so I guess it's a nite-time scent by default. Very "city" , I also wouldn't wear it in the country. But that's just me. Perfect for an industrial techno club.

Post Thanks / Like

Black is a big winner in that list. Very good.
    Double Black is pretty good. Had a co-worker who word it all the time.
    Chrome has the reputation as a pretty good, long-lasting aquatic around here.

not familiar with Hugo or Brit

ok so black is gonna be a night one

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hugo would be an everyday, all purpose scent IMO. I wear it to work occasionally, and got a compliment from a lady at church on it once. I think the top and middle notes are complex and great. They threw a little of everything in there. The base is just ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Bulgari black is Definitely a night time scent, for a somewhat classier or intimate places (restaurants, bedrooms, etc. ) would probably work better indoors.

Chrome is probably in the daytime/hot casual area.

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GitRDone View Post
    Hey guys. I'm thinking of ordering the above colognes...Bulgari Black, Polo double black, hugo, burberry brit, and chrome. I was wondering if u guys could classify these for me (winter, summer, nights, days...blah) and give your opinions please!!

Thx
    I'm not sure when or how you prefer to wear your scents, this may just be a rough guide...

Bulgari Black: Winter, nights, formal outings
    Polo DB: Office, summer or winter, day/night
    Hugo: casual/semi-formal, summer, day/night, clubbing
    Brit: same as hugo
    Chrome: mostly casual day use

Of all of them I would only wear Bulgari Black...
    Last edited by MFJ; 10th August 2009 at 09:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Remember to try the begginners forum as well ....
    cheers

so would bulgari black be good for winter days at school?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GitRDone View Post
    so would bulgari black be good for winter days at school?
    Yeah why not. It will help u stand out from the masses that douse themselves with adg,cw and recently D&G Light Blue PH. The Bulgari Black bottle is cool so when your friends come over you can impress them with it

But try not to spray too much on exposed skin. I find BB to have strong lingering sillage that people around will notice but not the "in your face" type of sillage.
    Last edited by JoNnY 4; 10th August 2009 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    Yeah why not. It will help u stand out from the masses that douse themselves with adg,cw and recently D&G Light Blue PH. The Bulgari Black bottle is cool so when your friends come over you can impress them with it

But try not to spray too much on exposed skin. I find BB to have strong lingering sillage that people around will notice but not the "in your face" type of sillage.
    haha yes my school is loaded with fierce (which i myself admit to owning) and adg for those that actually wear cologne (as well as holister)...but its mostly AXE...eww...cant understand why some girls like guys wearing it...i stopped wearing it when i got out of high school..ok OT

Chrome is one of my standards during warm summer months.
    Bvlgari Black like most said I would keep for night/club or winter.
    Polo Double Black might be able to fit in anywhere. You might be able to pull it off during the summer, and its a pretty safe scent you can use in school, work, or club.
    Hugo would be my safe office scent.
    I havent tried Brit yet, but I imagine it would be suitable for winter, spring or fall.

Post Thanks / Like

Though I agree with the general consensus that Bvlgari Black is probably best suited for winter/nighttime wear, I would like to add that I have worn it without much trouble in the warmer months, and in the daytime even! To me it's a "medium" scent, i.e., certainly not "light" but not oppressively "heavy" either, so if you wanted to, I certainly think you could pull off wearing Black during the summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Bulgari Black: Only cologne that made me physically sick, and that's from one spray. I can tell it is a well put together scent though.

Polo DB: A bit of a tricky one. I tried the tester, and it was mango and coffee with a spicy drydown, hands down the best cologne i've ever smelled. I bought the giftset, and the cologne just smelled like straight pepper, and I was pretty pissed.

Hugo: To me, Hugo Bossscents are the epitome of mediocrity and none warrant a purchase. Don't get me started on their clothes.

Brit: Don't remember too well but it's pleasant and not too generic. A casual scent IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I've tried all five and here are some of my thoughts:

Bulgari Black - the smell of rubber and vanilla, though unusual and potentially captivating, is not meant for jeans and t-shirts. It can be worn during the day, but I feel it would be most appreciated when accompanied by nice dress shirt. The prominent vanilla gives it a romantic feel, which to me suggests evening wear. I agree with the BNer who stated that it is not relegated to any particular season.

Polo Double Black - Though it smells nice enough, you won't smell very special. Its almost typical, in my opinion, and not to mention popular with the 18-25 yrs old crowd. I would say it is appropriate for either the office or an evening out. Pretty versatile; appropriate for all weather except extreme heat.

Hugo - This is an aquatic that I initially liked but soon grew very tired of. Its good for summer and spring as a day scent. I would probably not wear this as a evening scent because its fresh, and I usually prefer something more spicey and dry at night.

Burberry Brit - I think this might be the most versatile of the bunch. Its a woody oriental with a powdery finish. Because of its dry, spicey aroma, it would be perfect for wearing in the evening, and I think the soft, powdery base makes it appropriate for work or day use also. If worn moderately, you'll never get any complaints but you'll project plenty of sillage for others to notice. Some have described it as safe oriental, and in this case, I would agree. I recommend testing it to make sure the spicey aroma agrees with your nose. It didn't at first for me. Unfortunately, this might have the same popularity issues as Double Black.

Chrome - This is a very unique aquatic fragrance. The slight metallic hint in this scent makes it different from many of its distant cousins, but the combination of aquatic and sweet notes makes me rather nauseous. I would not say its bad; however, it definitely does not agree with me. On the card, it was good. But on skin, I couldn't stomach it. Its definitely a day scent, and I would highly discourage someone from wearing this at night. Seasons: summer, spring, and fall.

so brit would be good for winter days? I'm thinking of ordering samples of all these so i can try them out b/c they all seem interesting. does any1 have any other suggestions that arent too expensive?

Brit is very good for winter. It has a soft, warm feel to it. Perfect for Michigan winters.

Bulgari Black is the winner in this list. I wear it in all different times, in all kinds of places.
    The others are pretty standard casual wear fragrances. Except Chrome, which is not something I can wear, ever. I think its terrible. Shrill and piercing.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Post Thanks / Like

Bvlgari Black!!

Post Thanks / Like

Polo Double Black is a fairly solid office fragrance.