Code of Conduct

Default How to apply Chanel Allure Homme Sport EDT

I love the smell of Chanel Allure Homme Sport. The drydown is amazing being both sweet and fresh but it is almost to subtle for me. I can hardly smell it after a while unless I smell the area I sprayed very closely. I have noticed that others have had the same problem and also noticed that the Chanel website says that the fragrance is made to be sprayed all over. I was wondering to improve the projection of the EDT how many sprays and where do you spray Chanel Allure Homme Sport EDT?

Default Re: How to apply Chanel Allure Homme Sport EDT

How many sprays did you apply when u wore AHS ? And where did you spray?

I tried it a few times as my bro has a bottle, I usually go with my usual 5 sprays( 2 neck, 2 chest, 1 abdomen). I get around 6-8 hrs longevity. Decent sillage.

Banned

Gaultier writes a similar thing about "spray generously all over". Don't believe it. Just spray Le Male all over your body and feel the love of others...

Personally I wouldn't overdo Allure Homme Sport. I once did. My then-girlfriend said: "Smells a bit unusual. Like something I wore several years ago." (She must have been a teen then.) Go figure.

Five sprays won't hurt someone, if four of them go under the shirt and one on the neck.

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    How many sprays did you apply when u wore AHS ? And where did you spray?

I tried it a few times as my bro has a bottle, I usually go with my usual 5 sprays( 2 neck, 2 chest, 1 abdomen). I get around 6-8 hrs longevity. Decent sillage.
    With AHS I went one on each wrist. 1 chest and 2 neck. Maybe I should go 2 chest 3 neck (each side and back) and I abdomen.

4 shots to the chest max. I think that AHS sprayed on exposed skin may be a bit much in terms of sillage.

Today I tried AHS in the mall....I put only 1 spray in my wrist....After that I went to pay some bills and I receive one big compliment....With only 1 spray....Incredible sillage on my skin!
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
    With AHS I went one on each wrist. 1 chest and 2 neck. Maybe I should go 2 chest 3 neck (each side and back) and I abdomen.
    Depends on how much u want others around you to notice your frag. I go with 2 to the neck because i use quite a lot of scented hair wax. So if i spray chest only, the smell of the hair wax will drown out the sillage of my frag most of the time. But chest and abdomen sprays give me good longevity and neck sprays give me good sillage. I experimented with many application combos and so far this works for me. I use this combo for all my frags. Try and experiment and see what works best for you.

I wore 4 sprays today and it has been a very enjoyable wear. I was very tired from a long day yesterday and I needed a "pick-me-up" scent. It worked!
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Most of the Allure line has good longevity.

My usual method on stuff that isn't beastly:

1 to the neck
    1 to the chest
    1 to each inner arm
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

I would spray and apply it no differently than any other scent I own.

If you have bad longevity problems, spray on clothes.