Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Blog Entries

Default Re: Terre D'Hermes Parfum -My Review

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    Dittos on that. It took me a while to really appreciate my L'Instant PH EDP for what it is and how it wears. I'm not a person who likes "big sillage"; I like my fragrances to wear close to my body, but to get noticed at close range. A fragrance like L'Instant PH EDP (1-2 sprays under my shirt and/or maybe a slight dab on the neck or arms) seems to percolate on the warmth of skin and come wafting up, full of sensous depth and complexity. It's very satisfying and yet, when worn discretely, it doesn't take over the room. Yes, it's a strong fragrance-- I was wearing a pair of pants the other day that I'd previously left a small vial of the EDP in a pocket-- and I merely put my hand in my pocket and when I removed it, my hand smelled wonderful.

That's the thing about some of the perfume strength editions. They're more intense, yet not necessarily sillage beasts-- thus making the act of wearing them even more personal and satisfying. I don't want to fill up a room, but I do want to snap a neck or two at close range.

I can't wait to try the Terre D'Hermes Parfum.
    Yes, Indie - this is EXACTLY why the stronger concentrations are so appealing to me, too. I wasn't able to really express the thing that I love about L'Instant PH EDP correctly, but you have. I'm rarely in the mood for big sillage, but more often than not, I want some real scent in my immediate vicinity. Something with depth - not just the tail end of a fleeting scent. Something that still has some kick left in it. And you're right - it can actually be MORE personal than a light but freely sillaging EDT.

There are times that I want those dry whiffs of LIPH EDT cascading about the room, but when I want to enjoy those juicy gourmand notes, like a piece of cake I'm not sharing, except maybe with the wife sitting at the table with me - then the EDP is king.

I hope TdH Parfum does the same thing on me. If it's as close-wearing as it was for SMM, I'll be a happy camper. And if the industry can keep to the "stronger but closer" model, I think they may be able to do nicely in the American men's market with higher concentrations. We don't need loud powerhouse. We need quiet kick-ass.

I finally got myself a bottle after forcing the SA to get them out of their loading dock downstairs. LOL!

I think the sillage is about the same, the only difference is that the EdT SEEMS more noticeable because it captures the brighter aspects of TdH. The parfum smells defintely more compact and dense.

I used to describe the EdT as oranges sitting in a cedar bowl in the desert. The parfum means business. After a short introduction of citrus notes, it deepens quickly to smoky cedar, a bit of lavender, amber, and patchouli. It definitely doesn't smell as complex as the EdT, which has impeccable nuances of JCE's artistry using its transparency to show off its natural complexity. I think other Noses are envious of his style! The parfum might be a letdown for many because it doesn't smell as complex. Not as practical as the EdT, but is no doubt sophisticated and modern. I would definitely call this a smoky woody-leather scent.

This convention of "parfum" is not the same as the classic sense. It's not all about concentration and longevity. Same goes for their Parfum de Merveilles. You spray like an EdP and dabbing wouldn't do you any good with this one. I think JCE is trying to interpret a certain focus of the fragrance, in this case the woodsy depths of the fragrance, and christening it as Parfum. I wouldn't be surprised if another flanker will be created focusing on the more citrus aspects of it, or goes oriental with it by adding vanilla or gourmand notes.
    Last edited by iMaverick; 14th August 2009 at 08:29 PM.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I agree with the 'more dense' comments. It is definitely thicker and less "transparent".

Got two samples of this yesterday. Sprayed it heavily on my arms and chest and it was practically non-existent after 3 hours. Surely a "parfum" should last longer?

Try easing back a bit on the sprays, because I sprayed two full sprays on my wrist the evening I bought it at around 7 pm and the scent lingered right up to the next morning--and I showered too right before going to bed.

I sprayed once on my wrist this morning, and it is still going strong after 3 hours now.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Terre D'Hermes Parfum -My Review

Well done, well said. Viva Jean-Calude Ellena the fragrance genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    I've posted my review of the new Terre D'Hermes Parfum at the link below:

http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Terr...-ciel-946.html

As I say in the review I find Ellena's take on this to be an attempt at an accessible parfum strength product for men.
    I am really hopeful that this sees the succeess I think it deserves and opens the door for more parfum strength versions of some masculine classics.
    Can you imagine what a parfum strength L'Egoiste could be?
    Chanel are you listening?

It´s on the Hermes websites, but only the 200ml version.That´s way too much for me.

I just got a bottle of this and have to admit that I really like it. The sillage is not as good as the EDT but it's dense in a heavenly way. On my first wear I could smell it for 5-6 hours then it was gone. But then, after 10 hours or so I started smelling it again. The scent stuck on my shirt too. The laundry woman would love it If I could get a 200ml bottle I would, since the sillage is not good I don't think it would disturb anyone.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Fantastic review! I just read that Osmoz classifies this one as a woody-chypre.

top notes - Orange, Shiso, Grapefruit
    heart note - Flint, Mineral Notes
    base note - Woody Notes, Oak Moss, Benzoin

I tried it a few months ago and found it too similar at the time to warrant a bottle. (Or perhaps Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver stole the spotlight.) I will have to give this one another sniff.