Code of Conduct

Thread: Suggest to me?

Default Suggest to me?

Hey all.

After culling the herd that is my wardrobe, I have found that I am in the market for another addition to it. I know that it is trying sometimes to see what people might like based upon what is in their wardrobe, but alas, I ask.

After going through a stage where I enjoyed citruses and predominantly eau de colognes, I have now moved on to longer lasting, woody scents. As always, I also enjoy things with a barbershop nuance. I love Aqua Velva and wear it every week, enjoying the freshness of its opening and the smokey dry down.

My wife recently purchased me a bottle of Bois du Portugal, a scent that I have moved on and off with ever since I got into niche fragrances. Wear BdP again was like meeting a long lost friend you forgot.

I'm also trying to open myself to more "designer" scents, after spending so much time on niche.

So with that in mind, suggestions?
    "If a perfume stinks, it's a disaster when she turns off the light." - Jean-Paul Guerlain

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Suggest to me?

Have you tried YSL Rive Gauche pour Homme or Prada Amber pour Homme? They have a barbershop vibe IMO.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 12th January 2010 at 04:56 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I'll try to cover now several designer frags with a certain similarity to BDP:

Guerlain Heritage
    Hermes Rocabar
    Zino Davidoff
    Van Cleef & Arpels PH
    Santos by Cartier

Hi Texican, maybe I just haven't seen your recent posts but in any event, it is good to see you!
    I always think that Geo. F. Trumper has a great way with woody/spice scents. Marlborough and Astor certainly come to mind.

For green/soapy barbershop scents, try Trumper's Wild Fern and Truefitt & Hill's Grafton.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Have you tried YSL Rive Gauche pour Homme or Prada Amber pour Homme? They have a barbershop vibe IMO.
    +1.

Cartier L'Essence de Déclaration.

Basenotes Institution

I agree with petruccijc's recommendations. Also try Narciso Rodriguez For Him.

+everybody on Rive Gauche Pour Homme

I've got a lot of niche and I saw so many comments on that one, I had to try it. Barbershop to the max. Surprising longevity.

Also suggest Versace L'Homme. Very underrated. Sort of barbershop.

Van Clef & Arpels a fav of mine. Powerful. Sillage monster.

Santos de Cartier Conentree sort of similar to Versace L'Homme to me. Nice. Sillage not all I'd like, but teriffic juice.

I also uniformly concur Rive Gauche PH! It's entire!! Complete with barbasol nuances! Loving it's green blazes! Also, I do suggest Kouros! you know its good..just admit it :P!

cheers and take care!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Dependent

+1 MikePerez's suggestion of Narciso Rodriguez for Him, one of the best designer scents I know.
    Last edited by MFJ; 13th January 2010 at 02:33 PM.

Personally, I love Kouros in small amounts. My wife absolutely hates it and tells me it smells like...well...unwashed panties.

Quote Originally Posted by Balavassassin View Post
    I also uniformly concur Rive Gauche PH! It's entire!! Complete with barbasol nuances! Loving it's green blazes! Also, I do suggest Kouros! you know its good..just admit it :P!

cheers and take care!

- Balava
    "If a perfume stinks, it's a disaster when she turns off the light." - Jean-Paul Guerlain

+1 on the YSL Rive Gauche pour Homme.

Give Royal English Leather or Royal Scottish Lavender a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Texican View Post
    Personally, I love Kouros in small amounts. My wife absolutely hates it and tells me it smells like...well...unwashed panties.
    Your wife has good taste then, but in my opinion it smells more like a urinal cake!
    D&G The One / YSL Rive Gauche / Paco Rabanne XS Black / Gucci Envy